Germany vs USA

Seem to have a bit of a betting bug at the moment, so thought I'd join up. Have noticed the long odds agaist the US on wednesday against Germany. Seems a favourable bet - Germany are DIRE under Klinsmann and have won once this year I think? USA have got a good record in 2006, are ranked 5th in the world, and have a good squad. They'll miss Donavon on wednesday but have quite a good team and I expect they'll cause Germany all sorts of problems. Germany's only chance is if the players rally around JK as if he loses this one he may well lose his job soon after! USA priced at 6.6 currently on betfair. I put a bet on yesterday when they were 5.0 so their odds are lengthening.

Re: Germany vs USA :welcome to PL, piggeh :cow:nana:cow - you might well be on something - it's a friendly in the first place and therefore wholesale changes can be expected @ HT which make s the game a bit of a lottery. Judging by recent form (in friendlies, though) Germany have to be opposed in this one... if you're brave enough to have a bet. :hope

Re: Germany vs USA Welcome to the PL Piggeh, but I'm afraid I don't agree with you at all. World rankings are pretty meaningless imho. Are the US the 5tyh best team in the world ?? No way. They get a good ranking because they win a lot of games against central american and carribean teams. In reality they are on a level with the 2nd tier of european nations (sweden / poland / serbs). JK is in no danger of the sack, it's less than 3 months till the WC kicks off, Germans host nation, a change in coach now is unthinkable. No one would touch it. Yes they had a bad night in Italy, but their is no shame in that, on their day the italians are as good as anyone in the world. I'd suggest the goalless draw in paris at the end of last year gives a better picture of where they are, with players out to nail down WC places, I'd expect a comfortable german win

Re: Germany vs USA Sebastian Deisler(Bayern Munchen), Robert Huth(Chelsea), Mike Hanke(Wolfsburg) and Frings(Werder Bremen) have all withdrawn from the squad.Kuranyi(Schalke 04) is long-term injury. Still, they're more than capable of winning this one IMO!Ballack, Klose, Podolski, Schneider,...,are all available for selection.They'll be fired up for this one after a very poor run of results, plus USA are missing a bunch of key players like Beasly(PSV Eindhoven), McBride(Fulham), Reyna(Man City), Eddie Lewis(Leed United), Oguchi Onyewu(Standard Liege), Tim Howard(Man Utd) and Landon Donovan(LA Galaxy)! Germany -1(2.00 at Pinnacle) for me!

Re: Germany vs USA Hi to all! I have seen Germany like all against Italy, and realise that as well as Italy is a best team now, the panzers seems to be in a big trouble. No one part of the team is doing well, and have many problems with ball posesion and they are playing not like a team. I have seen USA severel time, and they have very nice phylosofy of playing football. Fast passing, fast counter attack and what is important they play like a team. I don't know which will be the repleacments for this absences so i will bet on them for fun if i find some team news, on odds over @4.

Re: Germany vs USA Lo all, if you love football, ignore this game. If you want to make money, bet on Germany to win and nothing else. Why? Germany sucks. They have no confidence. Their GK fight Lehmann vs. Kahn makes both of them play bad because of the thought of not playing at the WC. Their defense consists of players even too bad for their clubs (Metzelder) and players who have barely played against good strikers (Mertesacker). Their midfield lives and dies by Ballack's form which is not very good because he's great when it comes to shining as part of a good team, but very bad when it comes to actually stepping up for the others. Schneider has been average ever since he came to Leverkusen, but as there are no better players, hes always in... and doesn't even have to prove himself as a player. The attackers... ok, you know what I want to say. Still, if there's one game these days that Germany wins, this is it. They showed vs Italy who they really are when opponents actually care. Critics started discussions about Klinsmanns methods, not showing up at WC work shops, not deciding about the keeper, bla bla. Even Chancelloress Merkel and almighty Franz B. (you might know him) talked to him and how important the next game (the USA one) will be for the whole nation, as a sign that Germany is a worthy host of the tournament. Klinsmann even arranged another friendly vs. mighty Liechtenstein right before the WC to make sure the team goes into it with high confidence (expecting a hard fought 2-1 win here). Having said that, there is no way the Germans do not win this game. Don't expect the young players to do their magic tricks again as seen in the Confed Cup tho. The USA had their real game vs. Poland some weeks ago, they know who they are, they know what they can do. This game will be downright ugly, but in the end, the Germans will get the win. If the US are up by halftime, expect them to bring in their U15 girls' squad for 2nd half just to make sure Germany actually scores. Not saying this is fixed or something but there will be ways to make sure the USA don't try too hard so that in the end, the German press and Beckenbauer can pat Klinsmann's shoulders again as if nothing bad ever happened.

Re: Germany vs USA Didn't notice how many withdrawals USA have (apparently due to it being an unofficial international date which makes getting players a bit of a task - will have to remember that for future games!). However I still think their odds are generous. Saw USA vs Mexico in a crunch world cup qualifier with the winner securing their place in the world cup. USA looked like a well organised side. Wouldn't rank them as 5th in the world, but would put them just outside 10th I guess. They still have Eddie Johnson playing weds I think, who has a great scoring record (9 scores in 13 as the americans would call it). Still - I've already placed a fiver on the US, but having not known their list of withdrawals,may balance it out slightly with a bet elsewhere (maybe a couple of quid on draw/germany HT/FT?).

Re: Germany vs USA Really nice thread set up here, being from this side of the world I will like to put my point of view. For those of you who think that USA will fall against Germany, well it is true that USA will have many absences but also take in cosideration that the league in USA haven't began, they are in pre season and they lent the players to the National team. Also from Europe: Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach) Bobby Convey (Reading FC, England) Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96) Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus) It is true this aren't great names, but Keller and Berhalter has already being in the national team. Statical: Usa vs Germany All time record 2W-0D-5L With Bruce Arena USA has against Germany 2W - 0D - 2L Hedjudk and Donovan absences, but consider that Taylor Twellman, together will the other MLS players have a playstyle that the national team uses, that's why the league was created for, to generate players that have capabilities to play in the national squad. So for me, USA apart from FIFA ranking is a good team, and the game will be hard and rispid. More by taking into consideration Germany is going with all their stars and USA have considerable absences (still they have important players to cover them). So I think that a draw is possible, still one coach said that when Germany is hurt in their honor they are very dangeours, still that is his opinion. So I will sit down and watch the result of the game. But for me really it can go either way. I will take risk in the end and go with USA +1 7/[email protected] Pointbet

Re: Germany vs USA :welcome piggeh! Nice postings in here. I have the US-Boys as a form team anywhere in my mind, but the problem is that I don't know from when that is..:( no, I think USA have certain quality but the withdrawn US player made most of that up, I guess. Don't know really about the win of the US against Poland. On TV it was said that Poland's weakness was the key to succes. However, I'm sure the Germans give everything for a good win. A win on the one hand was an big improvement yet for them, but this won't be enough. People expect total passion, a nice play to make the Italy debacle fade away. The thing surely is that also an average Germany might beat the US boys, attitude surely will be good. And for the punter a win is a win eh. Germany may get in form again, like at Confederation Cup, not including the horrible defence of course... I think Germany will win and I fancy betting on their lead at HT yet. HT/FT is duty then somehow, isn't it? As traumatised German football "fan" I don't want to exclude the Amis could get sth. But I see good chances for a Germany win.

Re: Germany vs USA

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventGermany vs USA
SelectionGermany to win
Strength10/10
Date22/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningThis match will be played in Dortmund, and it comes in a good time for World Cup hosts. Why? German national coach is under big pressure, all newspapers are writing about him and his resignation. Well, if you ask me, Germans know very well why did they proposed this friendly game when noone plays. They made this friendly game in order to calm down a little situation in their medias, and to forget as soon as they can catastrophic game against Italy (Germans lost it 1-4 in Rome). Now, US will be almost without alomost whole middlefield: Beasly,McBride,Reyna,Eddie Lewis,Onyewu,Tim Howard i Donovan all out. On the other hand, Germans are complete. All in all, this is a very nice trick from German Football Asociation in order to smear media's eyes. Goalkeepers(2) - Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach) Defenders(7) - Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Cory Gibbs (ADO Den Haag), Benny Feilhaber (Hamburg SV), Heath Pearce (FC Nordsjælland), Eddie Pope (Real Salt Lake) Middlefield(5) - Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Chris Klein (Real Salt Lake), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Ben Olsen (D.C. United), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards) Attack (4) - Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards) Germany: Goalkeepers(3) - Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munich), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal), Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart). Defenders(7) - Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Marcell Jansen (Bor. M'gladbach), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Hannover 96), Patrick Owomoyela (Werder Bremen), Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund), Manuel Friedrich (Mainz) Middlefield - Sebastian Kehl (Borussia Dortmund), Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen), Fabian Ernst (Schalke 04), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen) AttackGerald Asamoah (Schalke 04), Mike Hanke (Wolfsburg), Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), Lukas Podolski (Cologne)
:notworthy

Germany X USA (Int'l Friendly)

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
EventGermany X USA
SelectionHome (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date22/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.59 (Lay)
ReasoningThe Manshaft hav been producing real bad peformances latel. The 1-4 defeat to Italy, showed once againthat Germany is not yet ready to compete for the World Cup title at their own pitch. USA have been dissapointing me in terms of scoring goals, bu they are still defnsivly stable and I don't think th Germans can penetrate th Amerian defenc lines comfortably. It's a 50-50 chance for me, so those low odds reprsent a value bet for me, not a sure one though. Good Luck

Re: Germany vs USA A comfortable romp for the Germans, they're not as bad as some people think. They'll go to at least the last 4 of the WC. And I got 1.61 on Betfair tonight for them, add that to Celtic and Gordon Brown and it's been 3 from 3 for me today. Ker-ching!!!!

They beat a reserve USA side and now they are semi final material? Hang on, let me get up off the floor and clean my trousers, because I've just pissed myself laughing! :loon Come on fools, be serious. ;)
Might have known you'd be getting your 2 penn'orth in :rollin:rollin

Re: Germany vs USA Got nothing to do with tonights result. You know very well that I've consistently tipped Germany to go at least as far as the semis. Been saying it for months. My strategy for the WC is to back a under rated like Germany, and lay an over rated team like say Ingur-land. Looking to close down both positions at the qtr final stage

Re: Germany vs USA @ 9/1 I'd say progressing to the quarters is more or less calculated into their odds. @ such odds, I'd say they are overrated rather than underrated, Fools;) - their odds are just marginally (sic) higher than the ones for England to win.

Re: Germany vs USA Well yes USA prove their reserve team isn't up to the taks of taking a full Germany squad, just doubtful because Taylor Twellman is consider to be in the final list of Bruce Arena. So some doubts will arouse as he was unable to score. But I coincide PR Germany can't be consider contendant material because as stated it was USA reserves, still some names are heavyweights in USA.

Well yes USA prove their reserve team isn't up to the taks of taking a full Germany squad
Germany have also missed a bunch of players who're expected to play in the WC: Sebastian Deisler(Bayern Munchen) - ruled out for the season, he'll definitely miss the world cup, Robert Huth(Chelsea), Mike Hanke(Wolfsburg), Thorsten Frings(Werder Bremen), Kevin Kuranyi(Schalke 04),...!Most of them are regulars! Even the strongest USA side wouldn't survive last night's match.Lead by Klose and Oliver Neuville(who scored an amazing goal), Germany produced an outstanding performance in the second half.

Re: Germany vs USA Does Jurgen Klinnsman know that his side actually won ? Because I'm sure he probably flew back on the same plane as the depressed USA home-based players !! And by the way Germany will not win the World Cup. All their ads saying "With Ballack + 10 anything is possible" are well dodgy. Imagine if he gets injured then !!