Winning with Massey

Re: Winning with Massey

One of the favourites in the race became a non-runner after you placed your bet, and there are rules about how the odds change when this happens.
yea - i assumed this was the case, to protect the layer i take it cheers though

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto' date=' and it had to be the one that won!!! Told you I was a 'Jonah' ;)[/quote'] Just had an easy day listening to Sportinglife, betting a small amount on more or less each race, and have had a day of seconds and 4ths!! Terrible

Re: Winning with Massey PIRATE FLAGSHIP 1st 2-5f ,Unfortunately odds weren't helped by 2 N.R's. Record of horses in both systems and odds 2-1 or under - 1st,unp,1st,3rd,1st,1st,1st,1st,1st,1st,3rd,1st,1s t,1st,1st,1st,2nd,1st, 1st,1st. The System Within A System System !!! BETS - 20 STRIKE RATE - 16 PROFIT - 106.70 pts [to a 10 pt level stake] YEILD - 53.35% Assuming a 10 pt win stake on all horses named on both system A+ B , at S.P odds no greater then 2-1.

Re: Winning with Massey We could count ourselves a little unlucky today. A double selection wins but the price is slashed due to the 2nd + 3rd fav dropping out. A 12/1 shot comes in 2nd and Dont Dili Dali didnt even end up with a place when involved in a 5-WAY PHOTO!! SYSTEM A 2.20 Che - Pirate Flagship - 1st 2/5 4.05 Che - Escompteur - 2nd 3/1 4.40 Che - Drumbeater - UP SYSTEM B 2.20 Che - Pirate Flagship - 1st 2/5 2.35 New - Angus Newz - 2nd 12/1 3.45 New - Dont Dili Dali - UP Roundup SYSTEM A Bets:123 Winners:45 Strikerate:36.58% Profit:215.55pts Yield:35.34% Bank:315.55pts SYSTEM B Bets:122 Winners:47 Strikerate:38.52% Profit:17.93pts Yield:3.01% Bank:117.93pts

Re: Winning with Massey The start of night racing has left me with a dilemma. Seeing as only 3 horses are chosen each day, will the system work for night racing as effectivly. What Ive decided is to run this thread as the top 3 ALL DAY. Tommorrow Massey only has ratings for day racing but if/when he puts up ratings for evening racing I will be supplying 3 sets of selections. 1) ALL Day selections - These will be the top 3 for each system be it day or night. These will be posted in this thread. 2)Day Selections - These will be the top 3 selections for day racing only. 3)Night selections - These will be the top 3 selections using only the night races available. Doing this I hope to be bale to see if there is any difference between the two. Keeping full records allows me to see how the top 3 do while still tracking what the substitute selection would have done if night racing seems to be negative. Ive just decided to keep things fair I will run the day thread as from now and fr all days regardless to whether Masseys rated night racing or not. If after a while it appears he isnt going to supply ratings for night races then Ill axe the day thread ltogether as itll simply be a repeat of this one. They may be times tht the day or night selections are the same as this threads selections but this thread may end up a mixture of the two.

Re: Winning with Massey SYSTEM A 2.20 Ayr - According To John - 1st 6/4 3.55 Ayr - Into The Shadows - 1st Evs 4.30 Ayr - Cregg House - UP SYSTEM B 3.35 Thi - Grande Terre - UP 4.30 Ayr - Cregg House - UP 5.10 Thi - Buachaill Dona - 1st 8/15 Roundup SYSTEM A Bets:126 Winners:47 Strikerate:37.30% Profit:223.05pts Yield:35.69% Bank:323.05pts SYSTEM B Bets:125 Winners:48 Strikerate:38.4% Profit:10.60pts Yield:1.75% Bank:110.60pts

Re: Winning with Massey I have been following this thread with interest .I have sussed out your filters and wonder if a little combining of factors would be beneficial For example I wonder if Ayr 4.05 The Luder would be a better choice than L"Aventure . I guess you will get my drift.

I have been following this thread with interest .I have sussed out your filters and wonder if a little combining of factors would be beneficial For example I wonder if Ayr 4.05 The Luder would be a better choice than L"Aventure . I guess you will get my drift.
When you follow a system no matter which one it might be you can't just swap or change on one day then go back the next. I also see your point in this case but WFTE as set his way of picking his selections and as shown a very good case to continue the way he his. Like he says system B take into account The Luder and lets hope both win. % man

I'm getting :@ and :wall . I've back-tracked the selections on Masseys site and just can't see the process for selections .... but I ain't giving up, it's there somewhere :eyes . It's a bit like Sudoku, once I've started to look for the solution I just can't leave it alone ;) ;) . Can I have a hint .... do you drill-down using the 'Details' link. I'll give you a hint of how to do Sudoku :D :D ;) ;)
1/2 Eureka!!!!:cow Spotted how System A selections are made. Well, what I think is the criteria has worked over the past 10 days, having looked back and checked the selections on Masseys ;) . As you say, it ain't rocket science. Every time I think I've spotted how System B selections are made there's always 1 or 2 days where the citeria don't match, when I look back on Masseys :( .

Re: Winning with Massey The problem with combining them is it would be a bit more judgement. At the moment theres solid rules. Thunderfoot, ignore any races which dont have at least 50% of runners with a rating. This might be where youre going wrong. I dont mind people knowing the selection process if they work it out. Id rather not say myself or have someone spread it about though. Just makes things a little more fun.;)

Re: Winning with Massey MONET'S GARDEN - 1st:clap , 2-7f Record of horses in both systems and odds 2-1 or under - 1st,unp,1st,3rd,1st,1st,1st,1st,1st,1st,3rd,1st,1st,1st,1st,1st,2nd,1st, 1st,1st,1st. The System Within A System System !!! BETS - 21 STRIKE RATE - 17 PROFIT - 109.60 pts [to a 10 pt level stake] YEILD - 52.19% Assuming a 10 pt win stake on all horses named on both system A+ B , at S.P odds no greater then 2-1.

Re: Winning with Massey Just my opinion WFTE , but having 3 threads for the one system could be a bit confusing :( Might i suggest posting everything on one thread [ this one for instance] I'm sure it wouldn't be too much more hassle than it is running the 3 threads [iMO] Just a suggestion mate ;)

Re: Winning with Massey Personally I thought itd look more cluttered on one thread having 3 sets of selections and 3 sets of results. It makes little difference to me and would maybe be easier in 1 thread as it saves swapping around. Ill put it to the vote. Those that pop in regularly , let me know here over the next day or so if you prefer 1 or 3 threads. Ill go with whatever the majority decide.:ok

Re: Winning with Massey SYSTEM A 2.20 Ayr - Monets Garden - 1st 2/7 2.50 Ayr - Phar Bleu - 3rd 7/1 3.30 Ayr - L'Aventure - UP SYSTEM B 2.15 Ban - Dream Alliance - UP 2.20 Ayr - Monets Garden - 1st 2/7 9.20 Wol - Le Colombier - 2nd 8/11 Roundup SYSTEM A Bets:129 Winners:48 Strikerate:37.21% Profit:214.48pts Yield:33.51% Bank:314.48pts SYSTEM B Bets:128 Winners:49 Strikerate:38.28% Profit:2.03pts Yield:0.33% Bank:102.03pts

I read this thread a couple of times per day. I only read this thread mate,so i'd prefer it all on here. It's your system so maybe it's best left to you.
First, Welcome to the Lounge. I appreciate the input. Like I said, it makes little difference to me and I know when Im posting so it comes down to the ease for people to view. So Ill notch that down as 2 for one thread.

Re: Winning with Massey I would prefer just one thread, the original system , as by increasing the number of potential picks you are inevitably adding weaker choices. I have , over the years, made up a number of systems using A.M.,s stats. You quickly realise that many filters you use are illogical and are a statistical abberation. I suspect that separating day and night races could be one too. I cannot think of a good reason why the picks would be more accurate at one time than another.

Re: Winning with Massey SYSTEM A 3.30 Str Saafend Rocket - UP 4.20 Win - Wizard Of Edge - UP 5.00 Str - Theatre Tinka - NR SYSTEM B 2.50 Win - Blu Teen - UR 3.00 Str - Dickensbury Lad - 1st Evs 4.20 Win - Wizard Of Edge - UP Roundup SYSTEM A Bets:131 Winners:48 Strikerate:36.64% Profit:204.48pts Yield:31.46% Bank:304.48pts SYSTEM B Bets:131 Winners:50 Strikerate:38.17% Profit:-2.97pts Yield:-0.47% Bank:97.03pts