Snooker: Malta Cup

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup

Wednesday 1 February 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifDoherty v Swail (11:00 GMT)1.742.31sp.gif101%
sp.gifKing v McCulloch (11:00 GMT)2.101.90sp.gif101%
sp.gifAllen v Murphy (15:00 GMT)2.931.53sp.gif100%
sp.gifBingham v Ebdon (15:00 GMT)2.321.74sp.gif101%
sp.gifDott v Parrott (19:00 GMT)1.413.30sp.gif102%
sp.gifHawkins v White (19:00 GMT)1.692.38sp.gif102%
sp.gifThursday 2 February 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifHiggins v McManus (15:00 GMT)1.403.25sp.gif103%

Better off taking the 2.75 SB' date=' 1.83 to get 4 frames and 2.75 to get 5 - I know which I'd rather be on. ;)[/quote'] Its basically just for caution mate. If it goes all the way Id fancy Maguire therefore the handicap will save me. Its 2-2 at the moment so looking not bad. Also Bond is beating Stevens 3-1. Lets hope it keeps going. :hope

That's a tough one to call isn't it mate? Pinches isn't having the greatest of seasons and Drago has had a match on the tables out there already but he's hardly the most consistent player you'll find! I couldn't back either with any confidence I don't think. However fear not, I've found lots of other bets I like for tomorrow! Lots of betting opportunities and I could be guilty of being greedy but I'll give these a go. 10pts G.Greene to beat M.Williams 7/4 Sporting Odds Mark Williams is in truly awful form at present. I keep thinking that he's showing signs of a return to form but it hasn't happened and I see no reason why it will happen here either if I'm completely honest. Gerard Greene can beat anyone when he's firing and in all fairness probably wouldn't need to be at top form to win this. I think this match is as close as the Carter/McManus match and McManus was 6/5 in that so Greene has to be overpriced for me. 10pts N.Robertson to beat S.Hendry 7/4 Stan James Neil Robertson is sure to be a star of the future and to be fair he's not bad now! They used to call Mark Williams the best single ball potter in the game but Murphy and Robertson are rivalling him for that title and may even have overtaken him. Long potting could be the key to this because Hendry is known to shirk a safety shot to go for a pot so Robertson may well get chances of long pots. He can pot them from the lampshades when he's in form and if that starts happening this 7/4 will be a very good price. Hendry isn't in the greatest of form either, he didn't look particularly impressive against McManus at Wembley last week and was no better when Steve Davis thrashed him in the UK. 10pts M.Fu to beat S.Maguire 7/4 Stan James Fu just has to be overpriced here! Maguire is nowhere near the form that won him the European Open and UK Championships in 2004 and hardly showed up in getting whitewashed by Stephen Lee at Wembley. Marco Fu is a very capable player who I think raises his game for the bigger players and I can see him doing just that here. Maguire will need to be better than he has shown recently but that's no certainty so Fu looks like a good value call here. 10pts Over 7.5 frames in M.Stevens/N.Bond match 5/6 Paddy Power Matthew Stevens isn't in particularly good form which would suggest he's unlikely to run away with this match which he could do if he was on form. Nigel Bond is a gritty opponent who rarely gets beaten easily anyway and I can definitely see this match being 5-3 or 5-4 either way, in fact in recent seasons Stevens has a history of losing 5-4! Hopefully history will repeat itself here! I could be pushing the boat out a bit with these but I think they all have pretty good chances. They are all good opponents against out of form established players.
Fcukin ell Kev, hope you aint jumped off a bridge or anything. :sad Plenty of time to get that back. :ok

Bond winning was ample compensation for me but If Fu had pushed Maguire all the way it would have been even better. Never mind. 5/2 winner aint bad.
Twas a great shout mate. Well done. Get tomorrow's bets up early and I'll avoid them to give you more of a chance :lol :rollin

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Ok I'm nothing if not game so I'm back for more!:tongue2 2 bets for Wednesday. 10pts M.King to beat I.McCulloch 11/10 Stan James 10pts J.Swail to beat K.Doherty 5/4 Skybet Mark King has found his appetite for snooker again having threatened to give the game up and that's bad news for McCulloch. As I mentioned in the outrights post King is having a decent season and McCulloch hasn't hit the form he showed last season when he made the Grand Prix final and the World semis. He did beat Joe Perry at the Masters but that wasn't a particularly high quality match and he then got whitewashed by O'Sullivan which may have dented his confidence at bit. Joe Swail never ceases to amaze me. Everyone defies belief that he can be so good with such a weird cue action and it takes away a bit from just how good he is. When he's on form there isn't a player on the planet he can't beat and whilst I've tried to convince myself that Doherty is back in form the truth of it is he isn't. Yes he beat Higgins at the UK but he then got outplayed by Steve Davis and hardly landed a blow on Murphy at Wembley last week. We are seeing lots of upsets in snooker this season and I think a lot of it is to do with the amount of tournaments there are, if you are in the top 16 you can go months without a match whereas those not in the top 16 have qualifiers regularly so keep match sharp and I think that helps them when it comes to the tournaments. That would apply here with Swail going through the qualifiers and it could be the key to the match. There we go chaps, after yesterday's performance avoid these like the plague:lol

Brave calls Kev' date=' I like Doherty myself, but not sure I will be backing anything tommorrow as yet. ;)[/quote'] Brave which if today was anything to go by will turn into mad around this time tomorrow! :lol I'm thinking of backing Jimmy tomorrow night too but I'll think about that one 1st. It's this tournament that started his fightback really when he was runner up 2 years ago in it's European Open guise and he often has better 2nd halves of the season and not only that he's in serious need of ranking points although that could go against him. Steve Davis looks to be a cert tomorrow at a short price but he didn't appear on your list of prices :loon

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Hmmm, strange that. Anyway, Steve Davis 1.61 v Robin Hull 2.62 (Best prices) is the missing match. Wouldn't be too sure about this being a banker Kev, you know much about Hull?.... because I do and he can be smooth as fcuk when he's on his game. Just going to check out his form.

Hmmm, strange that. Anyway, Steve Davis 1.61 v Robin Hull 2.62 (Best prices) is the missing match. Wouldn't be too sure about this being a banker Kev, you know much about Hull?.... because I do and he can be smooth as fcuk when he's on his game. Just going to check out his form.
Yep, as ever mate the homework has been done! He seems to have been Dinged a couple of times in the qualifiers but the thing that worries me is the other losses haven't been to particularly strong names. His China open qualifying loss to your mate David Roe doesn't look great and how will that 5-0 tonking last week affect his confidence? Agree with you, when he's on song he's a great player and the question has to be asked, why has he not broken through further in the game? I remember when he 1st came on the scene, century breaks were being made to look ridiculously easy but he's had a barren 18 months - 2 years really and as you know you have to be at your best against Davis else he'll grind you down. That said he had a 126 and a 63 in the 1st round here so he seems in good nick here but will that be enough to beat Davis? His safety will have to be spot on if he's to get chances. We also know that Davis is playing very well and I honestly can't see past him in this one.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Joe Swail to beat Ken Doherty. 5/4 General. Looks a very tough match to call but Swail is decent value. When at his best he can give anyone a game and even though Doherty has shown signs of revival this season I have a feeling Swail will nick this. Only bet Im having on the snooker tomorrow and keeping it fairly small. GL to all if you play. ;)

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Ok, what I do know about Hull is he is another who was tipped to go along way when I was going in Pro-Ams, a breakbuilding machine at his best and very smooth. His form this season: Grand Prix: R2 L 5-1 McCulloch (No disgrace) UK Q'fers: R2: L 9-6 Ding Dong (Good effort) Hull/Junhui 119(111)-10, 43-81(55), 35-89(51), 31-82(58), 31-72(72), 88-26, 0-135(135), 62(61)-0, 51-74(48), 69-48, 30-74(59), 77(73)-37, 66-8, 7-68, 37-69(62) China Q'fers: R2 L D Gilbert (Bad result) Welsh Q'fers: R2 L Ding Dong 5-0 (No Show?) WC Q'fers: Lost Final Q'fer Rd to Mark Davis 10-7 (132 break) Malta (Inc Q'fers) so far: Beaten Adam Davies, Adrian Gunnell & Andy Hicks & Simon Zammitt (Wild Card). Breaks so far: 101, 120 & 126 I think that's decent form myself and am very tempted to take Davis on.

Ok, what I do know about Hull is he is another who was tipped to go along way when I was going in Pro-Ams, a breakbuilding machine at his best and very smooth. His form this season: Grand Prix: R2 L 5-1 McCulloch (No disgrace) UK Q'fers: R2: L 9-6 Ding Dong (Good effort) Hull/Junhui 119(111)-10, 43-81(55), 35-89(51), 31-82(58), 31-72(72), 88-26, 0-135(135), 62(61)-0, 51-74(48), 69-48, 30-74(59), 77(73)-37, 66-8, 7-68, 37-69(62) China Q'fers: R2 L D Gilbert (Bad result) Welsh Q'fers: R2 L Ding Dong 5-0 (No Show?) WC Q'fers: Lost Final Q'fer Rd to Mark Davis 10-7 (132 break) Malta (Inc Q'fers) so far: Beaten Adam Davies, Adrian Gunnell & Andy Hicks & Simon Zammitt (Wild Card). Breaks so far: 101, 120 & 126 I think that's decent form myself and am very tempted to take Davis on.
Hmmm, you've stuck a seed of doubt in my mind! Scrap the nugget as the banker tomorrow and replace him with Dott. He won't lose to Parrott. One thing I did notice whilst doing the homework on Hull is the string of breaks Mark Allen stuck in during his 1st round match. Can he beat Shaun Murphy? Hmmm, I'm not sure, is 13/8 a good price? Probably not but I'll think about it.

You wouldn't think Dott would lose' date=' have to agree it looks nailed, but then I'm not sure there is a cert in snooker anymore. :lol[/quote'] I'm certainly not going to back anything at a short price in snooker again that's for sure! I'm not sure if I'll be around or not tomorrow daytime so I'm going to go with my instinct here and stick another bet forward. 10pts M.Allen to beat S.Murphy 13/8 Paddy Power A battle of the World champions here, Shaun the pro champion and Mark the amateur champion. Normally I wouldn't go near this match but Allen has already played a match in this event beating Joe Grech 5-1 which was expected but he did knock in breaks of 55, 56, 58 and 104 so he's scoring well and I suspect if he was pushed further there would have been more in him. Obviously against Murphy he'll have to play well but he goes into the match under no real pressure and as Steve Davis found out in the NI Trophy in August that's when he can be dangerous. You'd expect him to raise his game for the World Champion and a good start could give him the confidence to see Murphy off. If Allen does beat Murphy here then my outright picks are laughing!