Snooker: Malta Cup

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup After Higgins done me last night and made it a shocking day Im going to go against you all here. :dude John Higgins to beat Stephen Hendry. 4/5 Paddy Power. John is in outstanding form at the moment and having already won The Grand Prix and The Masters this season he just seems to be in a completely different mood from the past few seasons. He thrashed McManus 5-0 last night and I can just see him being too strong for Hendry tonight. GL to all. :beer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup I am so annoyed with myself for backing Maguire in this match. On ability he should win but his desire is just not there. He is missing easy shots regularly. Why oh why do I call it so badly wrong in these second rate snooker and tennis tournaments?

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Dale wins 5-3 :clap :clap so Paul we've both got a semi finalist! I'm happy Dott's playing Doherty as I think he's more than capable of winning that, Dale's semi against Higgins is a lot harder but you never know. Higgins' winning run has to end soon. :hope for a Dale/Dott final!

Well if Maguire's performance lacked guts then Hendry's was even worse! I was pleased to have backed Higgins. Do these sportsmen have no pride? Hendry played as though he wanted to be on a flight home to Scotland tonight!!
Mate, that's a bit harsh isn't it? I didn't see the Hendry match so I can't comment on that but I didn't see anything wrong with Maguire's performance, certainly Doherty wasn't much better. It has been said on this thread all week that Maguire's confidence is low so it would have been foolish to expect a perfect performance from him. Don't forget it is their livelihoods they play for, I don't think anyone would want to lose on purpose, what would be the point? Sometimes though everyone has days where it doesn't happen for them in every sport. It's also worth remembering that despite them making it look easy a lot of the time snooker is a very tough game where if you are the slightest fraction out it makes a big difference.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup

After Higgins done me last night and made it a shocking day Im going to go against you all here. :dude John Higgins to beat Stephen Hendry. 4/5 Paddy Power. John is in outstanding form at the moment and having already won The Grand Prix and The Masters this season he just seems to be in a completely different mood from the past few seasons. He thrashed McManus 5-0 last night and I can just see him being too strong for Hendry tonight.
Nothing better than coming in after a night out to a nice winner. :D

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup 10pts Ken Doherty @ 2.75 Betdirect Doherty is way overpriced here @ 2.75. Looks to be heading back towards the top of his game slowly but surely, and capable of beating anyone on his day. Higgins complaining about the tables and rightly so from what he says. Also saying he isn't playing well, but getting the run of the balls. Doherty should be no more than 2.25 here.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup 3 2 Dohery after yet another mistake riddled frame by Higgins. Have opened a binary spreadbet on Doherty now as I have not seen Higgins play so poorly for a long time! I take on board what Paul Ross has written about the speed of the table but winners triumph over all adversities. Federer and Woods are great examples of this!

10pts Ken Doherty @ 2.75 Betdirect Doherty is way overpriced here @ 2.75. Looks to be heading back towards the top of his game slowly but surely, and capable of beating anyone on his day. Higgins complaining about the tables and rightly so from what he says. Also saying he isn't playing well, but getting the run of the balls. Doherty should be no more than 2.25 here.
Good shout Paul.:clap

I put it down to Higgins' poor performance rather than a good one from Doherty. He should be ashamed!
Canaletto, we've had this conversation before in this thread. Higgins didn't bottle it or play badly, he played flawless snooker in the 1st 6 frames this evening and then with his back against the wall Doherty returned the favour. To say he should be ashamed is incredibly naive.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup A great final to watch which swung one way then the other. Have to credit docherty for the win, as Higgins didn't do much wrong. Higgins went for glory in the 16th frame and narrowly missed the penultimate red which I can't fault him for. I wish I had got involved laying the leader at shortish odds but never mind.