Ali, S301751301-
Each-way terms: 2 at 1/22 at 1/22 at 1/2

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup (Starts Monday)

Monday 30 January 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifCarter v McManus (15:00 GMT)1.842.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifDale v Hunter (19:00 GMT)1.832.20sp.gif100%
sp.gifHiggins v Milkins (19:00 GMT)1.224.50sp.gif105%
sp.gifTuesday 31 January 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifGreene v Williams (15:00 GMT)2.751.57sp.gif100%
sp.gifHendry v Robertson (15:00 GMT)1.503.00sp.gif100%
sp.gifPerry v Wattana (15:00 GMT)1.572.52sp.gif104%
sp.gifBond v Stevens (19:00 GMT)3.501.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifFu v Maguire (19:00 GMT)2.751.53sp.gif102%
sp.gifWednesday 1 February 2006
sp.gifDoherty v Swail (11:00 GMT)1.722.30sp.gif102%
sp.gifKing v McCulloch (11:00 GMT)2.101.90sp.gif101%
sp.gifBingham v Ebdon (15:00 GMT)2.251.72sp.gif103%
sp.gifDott v Parrott (19:00 GMT)1.403.20sp.gif103%
sp.gifHawkins v White (19:00 GMT)1.612.37sp.gif105%

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup (Starts Monday) Hopefully we can keep the good recent form up in this event!:ok I've had a look at the draw and I personally reckon you can forget all about the top 6 in the market. With no O'Sullivan Higgins is a worthy favourite but his record overseas isn't that great. Hendry is probably a worthy 2nd favourite but he could face Higgins in the quarter finals which would be fairly hard to call. The other 4 in question are all woefully out of form which puts me off backing them. With that all in mind I'm going to go for a couple of longer shots in the hope that they can cut their way through the draw. Having looked at the draw you definitely want to be in the bottom half of it and 2 that I like at decent prices are Graeme Dott and Mark King. Dott looked really good against Stevens at the Masters and should eventually have beaten Lee but didn't quite manage it. He was runner up in this last year which will hopefully help him a bit and as he showed at Sheffield in 2004, he's capable of beating anyone on his day. Mark King's been in the top 16 before so on his day he is also a good player and this season he's shown signs that he's playing a bit better. He had a good Grand Prix and a good UK where he beat O'Sullivan so if he can repeat those efforts he could go well at a good price. My 2 outrights for this event are 3pts ew G.Dott to win Malta Cup 40/1 Paddy Power 2pts ew M.King to win Malta Cup 66/1 Stan James Good luck to all.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup (Starts Monday) Ali Carter v Alan McManus Carter walloped Mcmanus 9-4 at Preston in the Travis Perkins UK Open which suggests he has the beating of the Scotsman. He's had a good run of late in the Masters qualifying losing to Bingham who claimed the Wild Card spot. McManus had 2 wins at the Masters, one over Williams who's struggles to beat anyone of late and a good win over Hendry. The deciding factor for me is the 9-4 win early in the campaign which was fairly comfortable for Carter and he should be fairly happy with his game right now. Ali Carter 8/10 @ 1.8 sportingodds

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup (Starts Monday)

Ali Carter v Alan McManus Carter walloped Mcmanus 9-4 at Preston in the Travis Perkins UK Open which suggests he has the beating of the Scotsman. He's had a good run of late in the Masters qualifying losing to Bingham who claimed the Wild Card spot. McManus had 2 wins at the Masters, one over Williams who's struggles to beat anyone of late and a good win over Hendry. The deciding factor for me is the 9-4 win early in the campaign which was fairly comfortable for Carter and he should be fairly happy with his game right now. Ali Carter 8/10 @ 1.8 sportingodds
I'm a massive Carter fan but I'm not sure about this one. I'm more than happy to back Carter at odds against but whenever he's the favourite he seems to struggle and this is such a big match for McManus because he's in serious need of some ranking points to try and keep his place in the top 16. I wish you luck with this but it's a no bet for me! Instead I'm going to be predictable and go with my usual oppose Paul Hunter trick! 10pts D.Dale to beat P.Hunter 5/6 Betfred Hunter's problems are well documented and unfortunately he's just not up to winning at this level at present. Dominic Dale isn't the hardest of opponents but he has enough to hang in there with Hunter and pip him at the end when Hunter tires. Not a great price but hopefully Dom will get us off to a good start.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup (Starts Monday) Ok firstly, Kev is right in saying overseas tournys often throw up shockers more so than UK and I agree there is no value in the top 8 outrights at all and it shows bookies are not stupid with Hawkins as low as 20/1. :( However, I do think they have made some errors which gives me 4 small outright bets and excellent prices. 2pts each way Alan McManus @ 67.00 Sportingodds 1pt each way Dominic Dale @ 101.00 Stan James 1pt each way Gerrard Greene @ 101.00 Blue Square 1pt each way Marco Fu @ 126.00 Skybet McManus has been going through the motions almost, for a long time and never fulfilled the potential he once had. Now I know just because he beat Hendry last week, that doesn't mean he is now going to smash everyone to pieces, but he said something that stuck in my head. "Everyone expected me to lose but not me." Now, that can mean nothing to some, but McManus is no bullshitter, he says what he means and to me that indicated his self belief is back right up where it should be and it also makes him a big danger here if his game is coming back. Either way, very hard to beat and nobody likes drawing him. 66/1 is a big price if it all clicks. Dominic Dale is a ranking tournament winner and many people have forgotten that, but he has showed signs of big improvement in form recently and I'm prepared to go with the eccentric welshman to be a possible shock in this tournament. Gerrard Greene is a very dangerous player if he is allowed to flow. He can pot them off them lampshades and dish in the blink of an eye. Although his recent form hasn't been what I expected, this may be due to a couple of players returning to form themselves, catching him out. His form before the last 2 tournys was good and he is another who could shock here. Marco Fu - Blimey, what's happened to him? Well, I remember watching him practice in the same club as me a long time ago, knocking in 140 and 145 in 2 frames, that's how special he can be, but clearly not in great form. However, he is most certainly not a 125/1 shot either. If he returns to anything like decent form, that price could be laughable, a big if, but very possible in a tourny like this.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup 10pts Win Alan McManus to beat Ali Carter @ 2.20 Coral Already stated that I think Macca could be on somewhat of a comeback, but if a player was made for an on form McManus, then it is the style of Ali Carter for sure. Carter began his snooker career very well, blasting onto the circuit with shock wins over Hendry on more than 1 occasion, but he has gone a bit flat now. It could be the "found out" factor is now in play, he's no longer new and has lost a bit of spark. At 2.20, McManus has to be the bet.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup 10pts Win Dominic Dale to beat Paul Hunter @ 1.83 Blue Square Hunter has cancer as I'm sure everyone is aware now, but he is a battler and will come through I'm sure, but it's clearly affecting him during matches and this will be a tough one. Dale has been in the wilderness since winning a ranking tournament, almost going backwards at an alarming rate. He remains a talented player with bottle to beat big players. His form has taken a lift of late and I think he has to be backed here. Finished off his last opponent with breaks of 124 and 89, that's good enough for me.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup

No bets for me for tommorrow, but I'll wait on the prices for Pinches v Drago, as I think Pinches could be a good bet to beat him. 1.66 at the moment, but more prices to come and hoping to get better. :ok
That's a tough one to call isn't it mate? Pinches isn't having the greatest of seasons and Drago has had a match on the tables out there already but he's hardly the most consistent player you'll find! I couldn't back either with any confidence I don't think. However fear not, I've found lots of other bets I like for tomorrow! Lots of betting opportunities and I could be guilty of being greedy but I'll give these a go. 10pts G.Greene to beat M.Williams 7/4 Sporting Odds Mark Williams is in truly awful form at present. I keep thinking that he's showing signs of a return to form but it hasn't happened and I see no reason why it will happen here either if I'm completely honest. Gerard Greene can beat anyone when he's firing and in all fairness probably wouldn't need to be at top form to win this. I think this match is as close as the Carter/McManus match and McManus was 6/5 in that so Greene has to be overpriced for me. 10pts N.Robertson to beat S.Hendry 7/4 Stan James Neil Robertson is sure to be a star of the future and to be fair he's not bad now! They used to call Mark Williams the best single ball potter in the game but Murphy and Robertson are rivalling him for that title and may even have overtaken him. Long potting could be the key to this because Hendry is known to shirk a safety shot to go for a pot so Robertson may well get chances of long pots. He can pot them from the lampshades when he's in form and if that starts happening this 7/4 will be a very good price. Hendry isn't in the greatest of form either, he didn't look particularly impressive against McManus at Wembley last week and was no better when Steve Davis thrashed him in the UK. 10pts M.Fu to beat S.Maguire 7/4 Stan James Fu just has to be overpriced here! Maguire is nowhere near the form that won him the European Open and UK Championships in 2004 and hardly showed up in getting whitewashed by Stephen Lee at Wembley. Marco Fu is a very capable player who I think raises his game for the bigger players and I can see him doing just that here. Maguire will need to be better than he has shown recently but that's no certainty so Fu looks like a good value call here. 10pts Over 7.5 frames in M.Stevens/N.Bond match 5/6 Paddy Power Matthew Stevens isn't in particularly good form which would suggest he's unlikely to run away with this match which he could do if he was on form. Nigel Bond is a gritty opponent who rarely gets beaten easily anyway and I can definitely see this match being 5-3 or 5-4 either way, in fact in recent seasons Stevens has a history of losing 5-4! Hopefully history will repeat itself here! I could be pushing the boat out a bit with these but I think they all have pretty good chances. They are all good opponents against out of form established players.

That's a tough one to call isn't it mate? Pinches isn't having the greatest of seasons and Drago has had a match on the tables out there already but he's hardly the most consistent player you'll find! I couldn't back either with any confidence I don't think.
Well Pinches started off well, getting to the quarters in the grand prix, but hasn't won a match since, so I'm staying away from that. Greene stood out for me as well Kev, as you can imagine when I picked him as an outright selection and I think I'll have some today as well. 10pts Win Gerrard Greene v Mark Williams @ 2.75 Hills As previously said in my outright bet, Greene is a very dangerous player and can beat anyone on his day. I will admit this is more of a bet against Williams though as he just doesn't seem interested at the moment. He is more interested in being a dad, which is fair enough, but snooker tends to kick you where it hurts when this happens, as it did Higgins and he is only just recovering. Williams said about practising recently "I just can't be bothered" and it shows. A win against an ill Paul Hunter is nothing to write home about it, and McManus grinded him out in the Masters without hitting top gear. Beaten 5-3 by Fergal O'Brien in the Grand Prix, and 9-3 by Hendry in the UK. Greene has to be backed here. :ok

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Marco Fu (+1.5 frames) to beat Stephen Maguire. 5/6 Paddy Power. I think this is an outstanding bet. Fu may have dropped down the rankings in the past season but Stephen Maguire has hardly won a match all season aswell and his recent drubbing by Stephen Lee in the first round of the Masters has to have dented his confidence even further. I can see this match going right to the wire and the handicap on FU looks good to me. :beer

Marco Fu (+1.5 frames) to beat Stephen Maguire. 5/6 Paddy Power. I think this is an outstanding bet. Fu may have dropped down the rankings in the past season but Stephen Maguire has hardly won a match all season aswell and his recent drubbing by Stephen Lee in the first round of the Masters has to have dented his confidence even further. I can see this match going right to the wire and the handicap on FU looks good to me. :beer
Better off taking the 2.75 SB, 1.83 to get 4 frames and 2.75 to get 5 - I know which I'd rather be on. ;)

Better off taking the 2.75 SB' date=' 1.83 to get 4 frames and 2.75 to get 5 - I know which I'd rather be on. ;)[/quote'] I was thinking that too! Personally I think if Fu wins 4 frames he'll win a 5th too. Maguire's either going to stick in a performance of old and win comfortably or be awful and Fu will win fairly comfortably. Maguire hasn't got a good bad game if that makes sense!