African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Are people overreacting to Egypt playing at home? Looking at thier squad, I can recognise about 2 players! Surely Cameroon are worth a bet. I reckon they'll be very motivated after missing out on the World Cup with that last minute penalty miss. Ivory Coast look strong as well.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets 5 bets for me in this tournament. 5pts ew Egypt to win African Cup of Nations 5/1 Betfred I've looked through the stats and the hosts have made the final 13 times out of the 24 runnings of this tournament winning on 10 occasions which is an incredible record. Looking back at Egypt's history they have won this a joint record 4 times and in their recent history their home form is very very good. The price is cramped but given the history I'm on. 3pts ew Senegal to win African Cup of Nations 11/1 William Hill Senegal have missed out on the World Cup so they will want to make a big impression here. They are in the easier half of the competition and if they come out of their group they will play someone from Group C which is the weakest group. They have the best representation from the Premiership of all of the nations and that could stand them in good stead. 3pts ew H.Camara to be top goalscorer at African Cup of Nations 20/1 William Hill Henri Camara has pace to burn and has scored more than a few goals in this country over the last couple of years. If Senegal do go well then he's sure to play a big part in getting them to the latter stages and he's a reasonable price really. 2pts ew E.Adebayor to be top goalscorer at African Cup of Nations 33/1 William Hill Togo caused a stir in the World Cup by qualifying for the 1st time. Emmanuel Adebayor was the main reason why they got to the World Cup by scoring 11 of their 22 goals. With that comes an impressive defensive record and while they may not win the Cup of Nations they will scare a few and there's every chance that Adebayor can continue his impressive scoring record in this tournament. 5pts Togo to win Group B 9/2 William Hill Finally Togo won their qualifying group for the World Cup which included Senegal and won it impressively only losing 1 match which was their very 1st match of the group. With Cameroon in their group here they face a stiffer task but it would no longer be a huge surprise if they prevail from this group in 1st place too at an attractive price. Good luck to all and here's to a profitable tournament.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Sad news this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/4631452.stm Awful thing to happen and cant see dindane returning,he scored quite a few goals for IV during the world cup qualifiers,he will be missed a lot if he doesnt return. Any Ive done Eto at 6/1 each way at Coral, this wont stay at 6s for long Highest around anywhere else is 5/1 even at betfair, and Coral do 1/4 the odds on 1,2,3,4, PP and skybet only do 1,2,3 definetly value by comparison to other bookies, altough Webo looks a good bet aswell,scored 6 in the WCQ and maybe not so well know a player,will do a small bit on him on BF

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

Can't see anything but a comfortable win for Egypt tonight at skinny prices so I reckon a dabble on 1st goalscorer with Spurs' Mido the pick at 4.5 with sportingodds for me. Good luck to all tonight.
He shoots he scores! Cheers Mido:ok Shame he couldn't convert his penalty!:loon

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Morocco - Ivory Coast I expect a cautious game from both sides who do not want to start this campaign with a defeat.Ivory Coast are a very strong and ambitious team but - on the other hand – Morocco are more experienced.The hosts Egypt and weak Libya are the other two teams in this group,so the winner – if any – will have the upper hand as regards qualification to the next phase. Draw at 3.15 - 10Bet Stake: 10/10 :cheers

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Togo are available at 11/10 to beat Dr Congo tonight. Togo are my outright each way fancies for the tournament and they have shown much better form than the opposition in the build up to this tournament. Togo to win at 11/10 Togo to win 1-0 at 5/1

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets i ll go with ivory coast to win the tournament. they are really on form plus they have played several tough friendlies vs european countries. they also got some huge stars like drogba, watch for yaya toure, the little brother of kolo toure, i ve watched him in about 15 games so far,he is great.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Anyone will Ivory Coast as a selection should be worried after todays game. They struggled to beat Morocco with a Didier Drogba penalty and to be honest didn't deserve to win. Morocco showed the more invention and created the better chances. Things picked up for Ivory Coast when they brought on Arouna Kone, he livened things up and looked dangerous. To beat Egypt they're going to have to raise the game several notches.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Tunisia v Zambia Roger Lamerre's side should be too strong for Zambia in this one. Tunisia are one of the stronger nations at the ANC. Hatem Trabelsi of Ajax, Radhi Jaidi of Bolton and Ranger's Hamed Namouchi will be the names that most here are familar with. Strong forward line that can score plenty of goals and will be considering this to be a "Home" game. Qualified from the same group as Morocco scoring 25 and conceding just 9. Zambia team is made up mainly of players who ply their trade in S.Africa and Zambia with 1 or 2 European based players thrown in. Qualified from the same group as Togo (beaten 4-1 by them in Togo). They beat Mali on the way to qualifying but really Tunisia should win this with a bit to spare Tunisia -1 AH @ 2.1 Betfair Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.24 Betfair

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets I think I will also go for Tunisia (probably without the handicap though). They were able to qualify for Germany 2006 and should be better than Zambia. What do you think about South Africa - Guinea? Guinea does not seem to be a very good team, but South Africa could not convince in the WC qualifiers either.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets South Africa v Guinea Hard to make out this one . Betfair have priced SA @ 2.5 which at first glance seems to be massive but in all honesty - Im not sure i can trust SA get a result from this. Time and time again, they have failed to impress me. Guinea have a strong squad- one which I think is actually better than SA's. They have no huge name player but have many guys who consistantly do the Business in Europe for their respective clubs. Many of the team play in French Leagues and Definately a team to keep an eye on. Just for the record - I reckon this game will be a cracker for goals and although I honestly cannot predict an outcome - I reckon that strong forwards and weak defenders on both sides will lead to a goal glut :D:D My mad bet of the day - 4 or more goals @ 4.23 Betfair

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets 3 - 1 That's it! :nana A good moment for a goal. Tunisia was the better team in the first half, they had three good chances then. But in the last 10 minutes or so before the 3 - 1 Zambia was getting stronger... or maybe Tunisia was just too sure about the victory and became a bit careless. But the match should be decided now. Zambia don't look as if they could reach anything at this tournament. They showed commitment and had a few good chances at the end and maybe they could have even achieved a draw if one went in, but all in all they were not that convincing. Their goal in the first half was very lucky... a serious mistake from Tunisia's goalkeeper.