African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Nigeria - Tunis Nigeria and Tunis fighting for the spot in the semis. Bookie's word is that this matchup is pretty equal, and it will probably turn out to be that way.. Nigeria have more quality and talent, but Tunis have something they don't have..which is good organization and tactics. But then again Tunis lack individual quality. Tunis is the winner of last edition. While Nigeria after dissapointing World Cup Qualifiers, will give everything to win this cup. I believe they have more chances tomorow then Tunis, but don't think Tunis will give up that easy..still they are curent champions.. I decided for this bet, 2:2 exact score, as I expect a close game, and draw..but with some goals. And 2:2 is interesting choice, and pretty probable if you ask me. I'll try with few units. GL~ Best price betfair @ 18.56

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets These are two separate bets that I've just submitted to sports-punter.com I'm combining them in one post here only to save time and space.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
SelectionCameroon to win
Date2006-02-04
EventCameroon X Cote D'Ivoire
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.96 (Back)
ReasoningCote D'Ivoire have a place in Germany so they can afford to lose this tournament, whilest Cameroon can't. Although Cameroon did the double over them in WCQ group, they still got knocked out, thanks to Egypt mainly, so they still want to prove the deserved a place in Germany (already beaten 2 qualifiers: Togo & Angola) and this should be their 3rd. Drogba may play, but he can't play Cameroon alone. Not even with the assistance of Cone upfront, as they'd need some support from their midfielders, whom will be too busy battling for dominance at the midfield area, but most probably to no avail, while Cameroon have more than a solution to penetrate the "not-so-well organized" Ivoirian defence. I would have also been on Cameroon's side on this had both teams been fielding their complete top 11, but as it is, it looks like Cote D'Ivoire may miss their #1 goalkeeper: Jean-Jacque Tiziet, whom picked up an injury against Egypt and had to be replaced after conceding 2 goals. It looks to me that Cameroon are very much determined to reach the final, and they probably will. My only worry would still be Cameroonian defender Song, as he's not being up to the occassion so far, and his mistakes may prove fatal. But overall, I still rate Cameroon as the best performing team of the continnt, and they should grab the winners here and prove -once again- to Mr Hayatou that it was his poor skilled organization of the WC qualifiers that denied them (and others) the opportunity to represent Africa in Germany, as they sure deserved a place there. Good Luck
Tip Detail
SelectionNigeria (on level ball)
Date2006-02-04
EventNigeria X Tunisia
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.76 (Back)
ReasoningA straight win for Nigeria yields 2.48 odds on 5Dimes, but I'm not sure I want to take that chance. As it is, Tunisia are far less than Nigeria, tactically speaking, and they know it, so they most probably won't be going all out attacking. Instead they'd apply a very strict defense procedure, and count on counter attacks to score, and it may work. However -again most probably- this will result in a very tight game with lots of tactical fouls from both sides, and may lead to a goalless draw by the end of the 90 minutes. I urge you not to get fooled by the Tunisian performance vs. Guinea. They may have done it to avoid Egypt all the way untill the final. They still ahve a good defence, and skillful midfielders that can actually kill the game pace and bring it down to a halt. If Martins is at his best, he may prove too much for the Tunisian defenders though, and Nigeria may just score the odd goal. Otherwise, expect a dull goalless score and an extention (extra-time) to decide which team will be packing their bags, and which one will take off to Alexandria for the semi-final clash vs. the winner of Camerron vs. Cote D'Ivoire If you've been impressed by Nigeria, you may consider backing them on that -1/2 handicap, but for me, I'm more comfortable to take them on level ball and see what happens. Good Luck

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Did anyone watch the Cameroon v Ivory Coast match? The penalty shootout was absolutely amazing... went on for about 30mins, score was 12-11. Each team took 11 penalties each before even 1 was missed, and the penalties were ALL class. Believe me, each and every one was right in the corenr, neither goalkeeper got near to a single one. Even both of the 'keepers kicks were pretty good. Couldn't believe that Eto missed his second one though. My 2 E/W bts of Egypt and Ivory Coast are still looking good, hopefuuly they will meet in the final...

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Egypt V Senegal Fancy Senegal might cause an upset here, Egypt have hardly been convincing drawing 0-0 with Morocco and beating a weakened and already-qualified Ivory Coast 3-1 in a game the Ivory Coast dominated. I know Senegal haven't been outstanding but looked better against Guinea in the 3-2 win and odds like 10-3 for a Senegal look very generous to me. May be worth a small punt.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Surely noone expects me to bet against Egypt as I've already bet on them to win the title. This is my latest tip submitted to sports-punter, and I really hope it will not go astray! P.S. I'm Egyptian, for those of you who didn't know :tongue2

Tip Detail
SelectionEgypt -1/2 (Asian Handicap)
Date2006-02-07
EventEgypt X Senegal
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.93 (Back)
ReasoningSurely playing at Cairo Int'l stadium will make it harder for Senegal to stand before the home team. Senegal have been the only team to visit all 4 organizing cities. They stayed at Issmailia, played at Port Said, then went to Alex for the quarter final, and now they're at Cairo! So they had a good tour! Egypt welcomes back Mido & Abo Treika, though Ahmad Hassan may miss the game. Senegal will most probably miss skipper Ferdinand Coli, but it's not yet confirmed. (He didn't train yesterday because of his injury). I think Pinnacle have been the most reasonable bookie offering a -1/4 handicap, but it only pays 1.78 Most others are offering -1/2 which is a bit high for a semi-final game, no matter what the circumstances, but I guess they're judging by Senegal losing twice in the group, and by Egypt's win over a "domestic selection" of Senegal just before the tournament. I do have faith in Egypt, and I know the players will be at their best, and I also admit the crowd will push them beyond limits.. I know all that. But these are no 2nd best players on the Senegalese side either. They're top class, top form players, and experienced enough to play against this crowd. The home team definately has the better chance to make it to the final, but only if they don't get over confident. Expect another tight game, with only 1 goal margin

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

Egypt V Senegal Fancy Senegal might cause an upset here, Egypt have hardly been convincing drawing 0-0 with Morocco and beating a weakened and already-qualified Ivory Coast 3-1 in a game the Ivory Coast dominated. I know Senegal haven't been outstanding but looked better against Guinea in the 3-2 win and odds like 10-3 for a Senegal look very generous to me. May be worth a small punt.
Storongly disagree!! Did you watch the last Egypt game? They looked an entierly different team. Looks like someone finally motivated them, so I believe they can get a win here. They are hosts of the cup, so 70 000 people will be cheering them from the stands. Don't get me wrong, I won't bet anything in this game, but IMO there's no value in odds on Senegal, Egypt are favourites here, so this bet is a pure gamble. :dude

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Cheers mate. Should be a good game to watch now. Think my returns are a bit higher if Ivory Coast win, so I guess I am supporting the Elephants. Although, after last nights game I can only see one winner... Egypt. The refereeing decision were so biased it was unbelievable.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets At 13-5 with Stan James got to be worth backing the Ivory Coast. Last time they played Egypt won 3-1 Toure, Gilles Yapi Yapo, Zokora and Drogba all were rested as they were already through. Ivory Coast for me have looked better as the tournament has gone on beating a good Cameroon side on pens and Nigeria by the one goal. Ivory Coast have already qualified for the world cup beating Egypt home and away and have been well backed for success. Don't get me wrong Egypt are a very good side for me a bit lucky against Senegal, a dodgy ref decision at the end of the game. But with the absence of Mido and with Zokora playing for Ivory Coast who can keep playmaker Barakat quiet and Drogba up front I can see a close game but a win for Ivory Coast maybe 1-0. The only doubt for me is the referee, is he going to be influenced by the crowd? I'm going medium stake on this one.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Egypt - Ivory Coast (+1) 2 @1.55 (SportingOdds) I think Ivory Coast are capable of winning this, surely not loosing. In Egyptian team atmosphere may be different as Mido will probably be on the bench after his row with H. Shehata, but coach said he rather won't play. The game played in group stage, won 3-1 by Egypt shouldn't be considered as measurable, as many IC players were rested and they said (Bonaventure Kalou) that their attitude wasn't right then. I'm not going on straight win as this is final and many things can happen, especially after watching the referee not giving a penalty to Senegal in semi-final, the penalty seen by everyone BUT referee.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets So the final is Egypt vs Ivory Coast. Hosts Egypt, very good side with Mido as their star striker, against the most in form and talented African team right now imo, with Chelsea's Drogba leading them. I think we can expect some tough battle till the end. Both teams have hopes for the Cup, and both will give everything to win. Probably Ivory Coast is a bit better team, but Egypt at home is inferior to no one, as they proved it till now. There will be more then 80.000 ppl cheering them, and I can't imagine Egypt loosing the final in 90mins. For me draw is most likely to happen, and I'm gona try this 2:2 exact score, as I think we will see many goals today, and open and atractive game. 2:2 exact score, betfair@19.05, Low stakes.