Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) GAUDIO v Bursmuller 15pts @ 1.22 for me tonight. Gaudio leads 2-0 h2h although both being on clay,but Gaudio should have too much for the ageing german who had a reasonably tough first round. Gaudio had a very easy 13 game first round with his opponent retiring at 5-0 in the second set. W/L 3-0 Starting bank 100pts Current bank 115pts

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

:spank FootballTennis for after-eventing:( One more question, mate - did you really back AGAINST S Williams one day and FOR as well one day later with real cash? :eek (both posted within this thread).:eek
Yes, just a £10. Very close 3 setter though

I wouldn't be shocked by anything the Williams sisters do nowdays cos they really can't be arsed with their tennis anymore,they only turn to pick up some easy money and please the sponsors. The outside interests take up majority of their time leaving too little for training.IMO about time they pulled their heads out of the backsides and got on with it,or quit cos it's disrespectful to all the other players on the tour. Sorry rant over.
To be fair, I really wouldn't say they're quite 'disrespectful' to all the other players - in fact, generally, I'd say they'd still shade their matches w/o having need to get out of third gear if they weren't playing the top 10 players(I don't go by rankings here, but guess tennis followers in general will know who they are). Of course they're more vulnerable to the upsets and giantkillings now more than they were 2 years ago, but the vast majority of the women's players in the lower echelons are so mentally weak you sometimes wonder how they make it to the pro level in the first place - in essence, I don't think those outside the top 10 have done anything to command any respect from the top players to begin with...

£20 on Chela to beat Hewitt at 5/2 Chela playing well and Hewitt has been REALLY bad recently
I really can't see that happening, Chela was lucky he got murray on a very very bad day, Murray lost the match with too many unforced errors

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Vliegen - Verdasco /@2,20 H2H: Vliegen, Kristof 2-0 Verdasco, Fernando 2003 Zagreb Clay Vliegen 3:6/7:6/6:4 2002 Lille Carpet Vliegen 5:7/6:0/6:2 Verdasco played only in Sydney before AO. He lost in first round with J. Monaco. Vliegen also lost in first round on the same tournament against A. Seppi. But in Chennai he made these results: Semi Final I. Ljubicic - K. Vliegen 6-3 3-6 7-6 1/4 P. Srichaphan - K. Vliegen 1-6 2-6 1/8 K. Vliegen - R. Schuettler 6-2 6-4 1/16 Y-T. Wang - K. Vliegen 3-6 2-6 (he defeated Wang, Schuettler and Srichaphan quite easy and in semi-final he took the set against Ljubicic!). Odds like 2,20 (GB) are too high for me to let it be.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) A mighty battle between Baghdatis and Stepanek, looked like Step had it when coming back from 0-2 sets down, winning the fourth to love, but seems Baghdatis was saving himself for the last. Nice tip by others, but a close thing. Similarly, Robredo v Tursunov but it went my way that time. Tonight: Hewitt to beat Chela 1.53 Betfair OK, Hewitt has not been entirely convincing so far this season, but surely he will pull out the stops tonight. Chela has only beat a woeful Murray, hardly reason for such generous odds on Hewitt. Was expecting 1/4. 45 pts Vliegen to bt Verdasco 5/4 Coral Can only echo comment s above, I think Vliegen has been one to watch so far this season, coming up with good results. Verdasco is a touch flaky when the going gets tough, and I think Vliegen is worth a go at odds-against. 4 pts Opening bank: 100 pts Profit/Loss: -20.11 pts Current bank: 79.89 pts.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Oh, and I'd just like to mention Ginepri. Looks like I was a round too early for backing against him. Collapsed from 2 sets and a break up v Gremelmayr (who?). Thousands backed on Ginepri at 1.01, 1.02 etc. When will people learn that he is a journeyman, and is liable to throw the towel in at the slightest glitsch. Just underline 'never back Ginepri' in your notebook. :lol

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Another day another profit BAGHDATIS v Stepanek @ 2.50 Betfair 2pts (before com) :D WON profit 2.85pts LOPEZ v Muller @ 1.625 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 2.5pts NALBANDIAN v Wawrinka @ 1.284 Pinnacle 8pts :D WON profit 2.272pts SANTORO v Pavel @ 1.61 Coral 4pts :D WON profit 2.44pts TURSUNOV v Robredo @ 1.94 Betfair 4pts (before com) :@ LOST loss 4pts W/L = 16/5 Staked = 92pts Profit = 16.978pts Yield = 18.45% :dude

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) HEWITT 3-1 v Chela @ 3.75 Coral 1.4pts HEWITT 3-2 v Chela @ 7.00 Bet365 0.6pts Looks to have been an overreaction to Hewitts problems coming into this one. However, it's still a risky match to get involved in so I'm willing to try Hewitt to win either 3-1 or 3-2 at odds of about 2.44. We all know the history between these two and they will both be well up for it. Chela will make Hewitts life tough in this encounter, just like he did last year, but I still expect the Aussie to find enough to come through. Note: I know the profit is slightly higher from 3-1, because I think it's most likely result and think it represents slightly more value. VLIEGEN v Verdasco @ 2.25 Coral 2pts This seems to be a popular play and I'm going to have to agree. Vliegen has been in strong form for a while now with some good results at the end of last year and backing it up with a very nice run in Chennai and a first round demolition of Christophe Rochus. Verdasco comes into this with a rather unimpressive win over Carlsen in the frist round and a shocker against Monaco in Sydney. Nothing indicates that he is in any kind of form and I think he will give Vliegen a lot of chances in this match. I think Vliegen should be a slight favourite in this one so taking anything above evens is worthwhile. I'll look into the other games later:ok

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Terrible Day 3(not helped by poor luck in combining accas as well) with a 30-pt loss. Noticed accas don't seem to get you very far these days with some mugs fooling around and dicing with death ever so often(think Moya, Berdych, Nalbandian, Kiefer, Muller just to name a few). That said, it won't deter me from sticking up my biggest bet yet for the tournament for Day 4 - and it's not as much a knee-jerk reaction as an accurate reflection of my confidence in case anyone's wondering... 50pts Hewitt-Davydenko-Grosjean (1.73 @ Ladbrokes) Davydenko may have pushed his luck a little with Karlovic in the last round, but you've got to feel his experience, all-round game play and discipline will prove too much for Kevin Kim - Kim's got a pretty decent baseline game, but I just don't see him having enough to trouble and wear down Davydenko. Similarly, Grosjean should have the beating of Monaco at a canter - Monaco got away against a very poor Lisnard and I doubt the Argentine will even come close to testing Grosjean as much as Phillippoussis did(and that's not saying a lot). What can I say about Hewitt? :eek He's just got to be the bet of the day for me. My gut feeling tells me too much consideration has gone into the fact Chela beat Murray in the pricing of this one - Chela is nothing exceptional; in fact, he's very ordinary. He may have beaten a couple of the top players, but often that only happens due to them choking rather than Chela being brilliant - Hewitt may struggle from time to time, but it's hardly a secret he's a hardcore battler whose never-say-die spirit has seen him through many a battle. I just can't see this being any different(one thing's for certain, Hewitt certainly won't go round whining about how the press is piling pressure on him a la Murray) and with the home support to boot, it can only work against the Argentine IMO... Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 51.55pts Profit/Loss : -48.45pts

Yes, just a £10. Very close 3 setter though
£100 on Sharapova win Aussie Open at 7/1: If she get to final she will win so screw eachway bet £100 on Roddick win Aussie Open at 9/1 (E/W): he'll get to final and lose probably so each way bet is good.
£20 on Chela to beat Hewitt at 5/2
FootballTennis, Im not sure if anyones mentioned this to you yet or not. Please refrain from using monetary values in your posts. Different figures mean different things to different people so a cash number does nothing to suggest how confident of a bet you are. Most of us use a points system out of either 10 or 100.

Terrible Day 3(not helped by poor luck in combining accas as well) with a 30-pt loss. Noticed accas don't seem to get you very far these days with some mugs fooling around and dicing with death ever so often(think Moya, Berdych, Nalbandian, Kiefer, Muller just to name a few). That said, it won't deter me from sticking up my biggest bet yet for the tournament for Day 4 - and it's not as much a knee-jerk reaction as an accurate reflection of my confidence in case anyone's wondering... 50pts Hewitt-Davydenko-Grosjean (1.73 @ Ladbrokes)
Yeah that one looks good ed:ok. Good luck mate:hope
FootballTennis, Im not sure if anyones mentioned this to you yet or not. Please refrain from using monetary values in your posts. Different figures mean different things to different people so a cash number does nothing to suggest how confident of a bet you are. Most of us use a points system out of either 10 or 100.
I don't think anyone is taking him too seriously anyway:tongue2

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Don't really like the look of tonight's games bookies are being a bit tight for the odds on guys;) So going for a short price double only because it's experience that should win through. KIEFER v Pashanski HAAS v Goldstein the double is a stingy 1.25:\ W/L 4-0 Starting bank 100pts Current bank 119pts

I don't think anyone is taking him too seriously anyway:tongue2
That's right, but @ least some manners are necessary even from the side of such tipsters (still wondering why he posted a bet against S Williams and then included her into an accie @ "the whole account ballance")...

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) PHAU v Horna @ 2.54 Pinnacle 2pts Quite fancy the German in this one. He comes off a good run in Chennai winning a couple of rounds before losing to Moya in 3. He also did alright in his first round match against a tricky little opponent. He finished last year strongly and looks to be continuing that form. He did well here last year coming through qualifying and getting to the second round before losing to Ancic. He has a record of 27-12 in the past 12 months on hard courts and I think he will have an edge on the clay courter Horna. I don't think Horna is playing too well, he lost in 3rd round of qualifying in Auckland last week to Sluiter but got in as a lucky loser and lost to Gonzalez in the first round. Yes, he beat Monfils in the first round here, but I have to feel that makes him overrated in this one. He has a pathetic record in the Aussie, losing all 3 of his first round matches and the win against Monfils was his first in the main draw. Close to a 50/50 match up for me.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Actually, as Hewitt's price has risen above 1/2, I've taken some of that as I agree it's a bit of an overrraction (although he was very near losing in the first round, but still managed to turn it around).

That's right' date=' but @ least some manners are necessary even from the side of such tipsters (still wondering why he posted a bet against S Williams and then included her into an accie @ "the whole account ballance")...[/quote'] thats cos u r getting V Williams and S Williams confused. I know they both look the same and are incredibly ugly but they r 2 different people.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Not much of a tennis punter but I've had a decent bet on Sanguinetti tonight to beat Mirnyi at 5/4. I seem to remember Sanguinetti having a decent run at the US Open and from what I know of Mirnyi he has a big serve which he relies on but there isn't much else. Am I right?

I put £10 on Li Na to bet S Williams @ 5.00 (4/1), Serena is a lard ass now. Odds have been shortening, now its 3.50
Federer 1/100 Sharapova 1/50 Davenport 1/50 V Williams 1/20 Henin-H 1/25 Not sure i'll make a lot with these 1st round matches
Sharapova bt Harkleroad 1/12 Davenport bt Sprem 1/20 Henin-H bt Sromova 1/25 S Williams bt Pin 1/10 accumalator workds out to be 1.30 Entire bank account bet Bet now cos odds will definately shorten
:unsure
thats cos u r getting V Williams and S Williams confused. I know they both look the same and are incredibly ugly but they r 2 different people.
To be fair T he has got a point there. Least stupid thing he's said so far. But then again perhpas the second sentence overcompensates by being really stupid:unsure .

Not much of a tennis punter but I've had a decent bet on Sanguinetti tonight to beat Mirnyi at 5/4. I seem to remember Sanguinetti having a decent run at the US Open and from what I know of Mirnyi he has a big serve which he relies on but there isn't much else. Am I right?
You are right. Mirnyi is a serve-volleyer who is very aggresive at the net and more and more often in the past year he has resorted to basically guessing at the net. He hasn't got much from the back but to be honest I don't think that will hurt him so much against Sanguinetti. His passive stroke play won't make Mirnyi look as poor from the back as he usually does. I think this is a very tough match to call, and will leave it alone. Don't be surprised to see a few tie breaks and this has as much chance as any of going to 5 sets.