nice site

Guest ghost30

• 4 weeks later...

Re: nice site I have a problem Paul. I'm sure you have plenty on your plate with the change over but I posted a couple of tips in my "Perfect System" thread in Systems and strategys last night and the bastards have disapeared. If only some of last week's could have disapeared, I'd be grateful but unfortunately, one of them was a 4/1 winner. It would have been posted between about 8.30 and 10 last night I think. Any clues?

Re: nice site Yes nice upgrade guys .. VBulletin is the definate leader in online Forum software. I know a lot of people are currently switching from PL to here .. but I would advise you guys to turn on e-mail confirmation and I think there's an image/text type verification add-onn which can be put in place when signing up. Both of these will reduce spammers drastically.

Re: nice site Paul sorry if these sounds cheeky but is it possible for when you get round to putting my original post count back that you add 750 to the number of post that i have accrued? would be great if you could might sound silly but i like seeing my posts increase :) cheers Paul :ok

Re: nice site

Paul sorry if these sounds cheeky but is it possible for when you get round to putting my original post count back that you add 750 to the number of post that i have accrued? would be great if you could might sound silly but i like seeing my posts increase :) cheers Paul :ok
I take it this is a joke. I'm not too fussed about the post counts at all (unless they are being used to qualify for the Tipster's Challenge), so my opinion is that you Paul shouldn't bother with them - it must be a heck of a job to manually add the post counts of every single poster here at The Sports Bar. But if you're doing add-ons, you should add the 400+ posts which I had in my old username (Bryter). ;)

Re: nice site Hi Paul Glad you have had a smooth change over to the new site. Couple of points though. 1. You seem to have to scroll down alot to view each post as I think there is more space at the top of the page. 2. I showed the site to a mate who only has a modem connection and it was very slow in loading and when we tried to work out why there are over 140k of banner images to download and 60k of html making over 200k per page which he found too slow with his modem. I completely understand you want banners would it be better to have them only on the home page and section header pages. ie not in every post you view. Cheers Mike

2. I showed the site to a mate who only has a modem connection and it was very slow in loading and when we tried to work out why there are over 140k of banner images to download and 60k of html making over 200k per page
:eek That's £0.80 per page using my GPRS card - looks like I WILL be quiet this weekend after all!

Hi Paul Glad you have had a smooth change over to the new site. Couple of points though. 1. You seem to have to scroll down alot to view each post as I think there is more space at the top of the page. 2. I showed the site to a mate who only has a modem connection and it was very slow in loading and when we tried to work out why there are over 140k of banner images to download and 60k of html making over 200k per page which he found too slow with his modem. I completely understand you want banners would it be better to have them only on the home page and section header pages. ie not in every post you view. Cheers Mike
Hi Ksportz, 1. It's only the same as before, so no real issue there. ;) 2. Again, same as before, but SB loads much much faster, which everyone has pretty much agreed. :) I'd say it's more likely the pc he's on, and the fact he's on 56k. :eek Broadband is the way, didn't think we had any 56k people left. :)