** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Well done you.... ! That is highly impressive. I'm not sure I could do that - I like my comforts all around me, but I've got to admit that its an impressive total. We are staying at the Piccadilly Thistle (along with a few others I believe)and there's a rumour that we may be trying to have an impromptu game at some stage, which you're obviously welcome to attend. We're going to the Barbican Thistle for a couple of nights from Thursday 4th as we thought it might be nice to donate some money to the Gutshot Club.... lol:wall Haven't booked the train tickets yet, (we went by National Express last year, but dan said "never again", due to suicidal maniac of a driver we had, so it's got to be train this year) as we're waiting for the fabled confirmation email to arrive.......

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Thanks for the invite to the "impromptu game", i'll do my very best to attend but after a couple of hours playing poker and 5 - 6 hours drinking (and dancing lol) another game wont be on my mind! ;) Also, i thought going by coach would get my back to hurt the way it did all through the tourny :cry (from sitting in the same place for hours on end) and i thought it would get me back in the spirit!:rollin :rollin

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi Uber... Glad you might be staying there as well, there seems to be quite a few of us at booking the Thistle now. Of course; you're very welcome to join the game. It should be a great laugh. Really looking forward to it now, just wish the conf's would be sent out.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Hi Uber... Glad you might be staying there as well, there seems to be quite a few of us at booking the Thistle now. Of course; you're very welcome to join the game. It should be a great laugh. Really looking forward to it now, just wish the conf's would be sent out.
Hi Jarjar, I will probably stay at the thistle too, sounds like the place to be. And I would love to play if that's OK.:notworthy Note to Doris at Dennis: Where's our smegging invites!!!!!!:@ :@ N.B. Name has been changed to protect the identity of the guilty party.... for the moment

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi Spur The Thistle is going to be the place to stay on that night I think, more and more people booking rooms there..... of course there a space for you in our little game. Everyone, if you're staing at the Piccadilly Thistle and are still standing after all the fun at the C de P, and fancy even more poker then

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi Spur The Thistle is gonna be the place to be that night I think, more and more people booking rooms there. Of course you're welcome to join the game, deffo. Everyone - it's open to all people staying at the Thistle. We'll get a great game going, it sounds like people are up for it!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I came 3rd in one of the weekly finals months ago and still no ipod however did get 4 dvds and $20 free bet and mag subscription for 3 other final table places but not the ipod have pinged manager on5 different occasions each time been told it will be sorted/sent next day etc but still nothing

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I don't suppose anybody has heard anything??? I'm almost beginning to think that they have abandoned the whole thing. I'm definitely not booking my train tickets until I know aht's happening, but I am starting to feel that it's not going to happen at all..... Anyone else got that feeling?

I came 3rd in one of the weekly finals months ago and still no ipod however did get 4 dvds and $20 free bet and mag subscription for 3 other final table places but not the ipod have pinged manager on5 different occasions each time been told it will be sorted/sent next day etc but still nothing
i got mine in a week mate,but last year i won a camera and never recieved it ,i kept pestering them but i never got it ,i gave up in the end:cry

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 i havent heard anything either jar jar they are cutting it a bit fine again ,i really dont see the problem it finished weeks ago. i will be driving to the hotel so as ive got the room ,do you want me to bring my poker table and chips ? also spur if your staying there ,do you want a lift as i will be passing dartford anyway, if so pm me and we can sort it out:ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome to PL PokerDude Good to see you after all the months on maxim If your going to the final, make sure you turn up on time, as if im on your table, im not leaving your chips for you this year lol Have a look round the site, loads of good games to play in, as well as hundreds of freerolls Morls:ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi Uber, yep, better bring your chips - we'll hold our own tournament if the KoP doesn't go ahead. Sounds like a great plan to me. Hi Pokerdude, I believe we're paying £115 for a double room, including full english. Not too bad for right in the middle of London. See you all in London.... Whatever happens... :)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek Spur is officially in shock If you see me at the tables and I am not acting, give us a nudge, I'm going to be a bit stunned for the rest of the day. You see, I thought I'd never see what turned up this morning. I HAVE MY INVITE!!!!! Hope everyone has theirs too. :hope:hope And only 40 finalists!!. Looks like Victor Chandler will be there too. Wonder if he'll be running a book? Not too sure what the jesters Jugglers and magicians are doing there. Hope they don't invite Paul Daniels!!! Now without further ado, time to book that hotel!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :clap :clap :clap :clap i got mine as well .wow 40 entrants, bit easier than last year then.also the extra prizes from last year are there as well maxim parties +photoshoot:eek . hows it lookin your end morls you had anything yet,if not youve got my plus1 mate as you do get 2 tickets. ps spur im the magician, im gonna try to make everyones chips disappear:D

ps spur im the magician, im gonna try to make everyones chips disappear:D
Well, just so long as one of us PLers wins it, I think we'll be reasonably happy. Preferably me of course.:hope:hope Half the reason for going is to meet you lot anyway, oh, and the girls, and the Poker, but mainly the beer!!:gimme:gimme:beer:beer:beer:cheers:cheers:cheers:gimme:gimme Jester is probably the all inner on hand one like on the Daily Qualies (Probably one that qualified from the draw!!!):lol:lol:lol:lol Now, need to see what decent pubs are around the Cafe. I owe Morl 3 beers (which equal the 10 quid I owe him for Spurs losing the the bleedin Geordies)