** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Fresh off the Press from Dennis: Hi XXXX, Thanks for your email. Just to confirm that the King of Poker is taking place on Wednesday 3 May at Café de Paris, and with regards to invites they will be sent out by the end of next week. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Best wishes So there you go. False alarm on the 14th April (as suspected), and this person has always been true to their word in the past, and it ties in with my suppostition that they would not go out until after the final qualifier thing on Sunday. As for the numbers, I suspect it will be 45 (9 per table) or 48 (8 per table) players, down from the 64 last year: 10 leaderboard Qualifiers 16 Weeklies (though 2 seem not to be listed on that including Bella) 4 Monthly Bounty winners 4 Monthly draw winners 4 Monthly Leaderboard climbers 1 King of the Cash Games 1 Action point Collector 1 Poker Player Final Qualifier winner 4 Poker Player home game winners If 48 I guess one or two more Poker Player Home Game Winner and one or two 'other'

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

1 Poker Player Final Qualifier winner 4 Poker Player home game winners If 48 I guess one or two more Poker Player Home Game Winner and one or two 'other'
As these were not advertised at the beginning of the tourney, its all to obvious why the issues on standbys is being overlooked time and time again. They simply dont want an unknown player winning like last year. If i remember rightly..the guy who took most of my stack, was a reporter invited to play..he worked for the sun he told us later that night, and the eventual winner was a standby. By giving free seats to poker player magazine winners, is at the end of 4 hard months, an insult to everyone who tried so hard playing most dailies and all weekly finals.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Thanks Spurman, that sorts that one out nicely.... panic over now, at least we're on th list!! Sly - Last year the theme was 60's gangster sytle, although I'm not sure too many people bothered that much. They might do one this year, but they might not, we shall wait and see.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Have to agree with you Morl.... at least everyone who has a seat at the moment actually registered to play in the event and put (in a lot of cases) a damn lot of hard work and committment playing in the Qualifiers and weekly final. I agree that its a hell of a shame that someone who may not have bothered to play in any of the qualy's or had even heard about the tournament, can pick up Poker Player, play one tournament, lasting a few hours and gets given a seat in London. But I suppose its all about advertising for them. I think 48 players might be a little low on the estimate front. Last year was about 68, I would imagine they would go for somewhere around that amount again - I might very wel be wrong, but the place would look half empty with only 48 people playing.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi all, Was wondering where everyone had gone now Maxim has closed down and I have my life back.... Quick question has everyone received an email re the final yet as I haven't although I'm on the list Also, yes I know, not becoming addicted at all and jeapordising my marriage, but where is everyone playing now? Erf

still no email what about me boo hoo

all i got was this. Thank you for your e-mail, I am sorry about the wait I have taken a look and I can see that you are in fact on the list, you will be sent an e-mail a bit closer to the time this will include full details of the tourney, I do hope that you enjoy. I do hope that I have answered your query if there is any further problems please do not hesitate to contact us thank you for your time in this matter. Kind Regards Dominick O'Garr Customer Services - Online Games Games support i think it takes the pi s that a big publishing company dont know what there doing.surly they have meetings ect with eachother.its a shambles.fingers crossed hear something soon.any news from dennis publishing yet m8 :wall :wall :(

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Dear Graeme Please note you have been credited with £40.00, in respect of travel expense refunds due to the postponement of the Maxim KOP live final Kind regards, Oliver Cross Assistant Poker Operations Manager Poker Management Victor Chandler International Email: [email protected] Direct Number: 00350 41290 they put the money into my VC Poker account.....so people checking their banks may find its in the poker account instead!

Dear Graeme Please note you have been credited with £40.00, in respect of travel expense refunds due to the postponement of the Maxim KOP live final Kind regards, Oliver Cross Assistant Poker Operations Manager Poker Management Victor Chandler International Email: [email protected] Direct Number: 00350 41290 they put the money into my VC Poker account.....so people checking their banks may find its in the poker account instead!
Got mine too, £32 back for coach tickets and managed to rebook 4 return coach tickets for £8, saving me 24 quid :nana Happy days:D

Dear Graeme Please note you have been credited with £40.00, in respect of travel expense refunds due to the postponement of the Maxim KOP live final Kind regards, Oliver Cross Assistant Poker Operations Manager Poker Management Victor Chandler International Email: [email protected] Direct Number: 00350 41290 they put the money into my VC Poker account.....so people checking their banks may find its in the poker account instead!
is this in the vain hope you might keep the money on their site? why did they ask for our bank details if they wernt going to bother putting it back it into your account?

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Has anybody got their invite yet? From what i've read about last years fiasco I've got a strong feeling of deja vu!:wall Which day are they gonna promise we'll get them by this week.....answers on a postcard to:- VC/Maxim's Cock and Bull Story 49 Punters Waiting St. Nothing Nr. Breaking Point

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Nope, nothing yet..... they keep moving the confirmation date back. "You'll have them by... Friday, Monday, the 2nd April..... and on it goes. I hope they get them issued soon as I would like to book the train tickets, but am a little hesitant at the moment.