VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 To anyone who has had an invite from outside the top 10 on the leaderboard ......... Have you had a telephone call today from Maxim (or VC I guess) checking that you were attending on Wednesday ? And if you did, did you think to ask if you were invited to play or just watch ? - because my wife who took the call didn't think to ask that question ! :wall

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

To anyone who has had an invite from outside the top 10 on the leaderboard ......... Have you had a telephone call today from Maxim (or VC I guess) checking that you were attending on Wednesday ? And if you did, did you think to ask if you were invited to play or just watch ? - because my wife who took the call didn't think to ask that question ! :wall
i got a phone call but didnt ask, tbh it says on email about registereing at main desk when you get there for standys, not really bothered either way now, if i dont play i can get drunk if i do i can play poker win win:ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 just got back from a week away to find 2 tickets sat on my doorstep and a message on my answerphone asking if if i`m attending. i`m a little bit brassic at the mo and it`s unlikely i`ll be able to get more time work, so if any1 wants my spare ticket let me know asap and i`ll whack it in the post, will prob need a name to rsvp for them tho. i know it might not be feasible if vc are monitoring this forum but there`s not much else i can do!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Ok....something strange is going on at maxim..... I just rang Jemma....confirmed im going.....and asked if i would be playing, as she has told people herself that they are...... Well...she just lied to me..she asked who told the people 12th-20th that they would be playing and i said it was whoever answered the phone(meaning her), or replied to the emails. She then replied with this " i havent told anyone who never qualified that they would be playing for sure, it must have been someone from VC who said it" conspiracy theories going round my head at the min are unbeleiveable WHAT CAN I DO!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I finished 13th? I've got the mail and the tickets. I have sent Jemma my guest details. Looks like I'm going then ;) I did send an e-mail asking if I was playing. This is the reply.... If you have qualified for a seat then you will be playing in the tournament, which I'm pretty sure you have. Erm....?....Thanks for that!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 You know what? I've been thinking about this night, all ...... .......erm' ............night, and i'm begining to come to terms with the fact that I may not be playing. So what i'm going to do if i'm not, is have a beer for every night of my life in them 16 odd weeks that Maxim ruined of my life. Get ready for the Mivstar Maxim I'm going to drink you dry. :cow :nana :loon Party on

You know what? I've been thinking about this night, all ...... .......erm' ............night, and i'm begining to come to terms with the fact that I may not be playing. So what i'm going to do if i'm not, is have a beer for every night of my life in them 16 odd weeks that Maxim ruined of my life. Get ready for the Mivstar Maxim I'm going to drink you dry. :cow :nana :loon Party on
We'll make sure Maxim have the stomach pump on stand-by for ya. BTW, Avon, Ronay is coming, just spoken to her on Spin Palace. Hula is too so she says.:ok

To anyone who has had an invite from outside the top 10 on the leaderboard ......... Have you had a telephone call today from Maxim (or VC I guess) checking that you were attending on Wednesday ? And if you did, did you think to ask if you were invited to play or just watch ? - because my wife who took the call didn't think to ask that question ! :wall
Oh how silly of your wife.:spank :spank Perhaps she thought you had already rung Jemma again 2 days ago and sorted it out, like you said you were going to do (evidence in your post on 25/4 m'lud). :\

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Sorted :ok (managed to spin it out for a 2nd day shopping today, hehe) I'll be in long sparkly black and white (and no, it's nothing to do with NUFC) I'll probably look abit like this :cow and Run will be dressed in penguin suit so you'll know us when you see us. Having researched the cost of parking in London we are now catching the train down 11.05 from Leeds to KingsX, so we'll be getting in abit of heads-up practice en route.

Sorted :ok (managed to spin it out for a 2nd day shopping today, hehe) I'll be in long sparkly black and white (and no, it's nothing to do with NUFC) I'll probably look abit like this :cow and Run will be dressed in penguin suit so you'll know us when you see us. Having researched the cost of parking in London we are now catching the train down 11.05 from Leeds to KingsX, so we'll be getting in abit of heads-up practice en route.
You'll be dressed more glam than me then Avon - reckon I'm gonna wear short(ish) skirt, long boots .. both leather & a spangly top if I can fnd one. In fact I'll be lucky if I can find any of the clothes i need - I know they are here now it's just a case of where. :unsure

You'll be dressed more glam than me then Avon - reckon I'm gonna wear short(ish) skirt, long boots .. both leather & a spangly top if I can fnd one. In fact I'll be lucky if I can find any of the clothes i need - I know they are here now it's just a case of where. :unsure
Sounds purrrrrfect! That should distract them at the tables! :eek

Cya all tomorrow, i'll be the one with the crown and trophy! :rollin :nana Good luck everyone, and i'll see you at the bar.:cheers
Crown and trophy? Didn't realise it was fancy dress? Why you going as our good lady queen?

Yes Good Luck all, im at the regent palace too so looks like the staff have a rough night ahead lol all the best for tomorrow and have a safe journey!
See you there then. How are you getting there? Train? Must be time for bed by now. Don't want to be tired for the big day, although Run's just gone out to the 24hr Asda to get some shoes!! :zzz :zzz

HAHA, ive just been for a new tie....but would you beleive it.....they dont sell ties at george! bollox....tie rack at kings x it is yeah train from ncl to kings x
Think you'll find they do sell ties at George Morl, just not at any ASDA's in Newcastle! George ties are renowed as being used to compliment court suits for the criminal fraternity. As we all know though, the criminal fraternity in Newcastle don't bother wearing suits to court, just footy shirts! Train for me tomorrow too and I'm just after watching the first 3 episodes of 'Lost' series 2 so I'm knackered! See ya all tomorrow. Is there one specific place every1 is meeting? Or are the meets split between the Regents Palace and the Thistle?