** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bowles' Jump bets 05/06

Re: Bowles' Jump bets 05/06

The national bet down! 1st day of Punchestown Tuesday 2.40 STRAW BEAR is the class horse here having beaten these at Cheltenham only to be foiled on the line by Noland by a shd, it gained compensation at Aintree when it trotted up by 13L. Cannot see Sweet Wake reversing the form but would expect Sublimity to run well as i felt that horse was unlucky at Cheltenham having made a drastic mistake at the 2nd last but stayed on for 4th. 10pts win @ 2.14 Betfair 10pts S/Forecast with Sublimity 3.15 NEWMILL is a LAY for me round here. Only raced here twice before both times finishing down the field, tailed off at this meeting last year & yes the horse has improved & won the Queen Mother at Cheltenham in style but the market leaders cut their throats that day & i just think the horse is too short to take against the field. 10pts lay at 2.28 Betfair 4.25 ALL STAR has gone across & ran well at the meeting last year finishing 4th in the 2m. This extra 4f will suit the horse as it was an eyecatching ride staying on behind skys the limit at Cheltenham before running out at the top of the hill. Henderson doesnt normally muck about with his travellers & i'll take a bit of the early PLACE odds. 10pts Place @ 2.54 Betfair
well Straw Bear was 2nd, Newmill won & All star was 5th just, 2L off a place. 42.28pts loss

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles' Jump bets 05/06 Carl has convinced me that Sue Smith could have a big day at perth: 3.30 Blackergreen 5pts ew 4.00 Little big horse 5pts ew 5.00 Imtihan 10pts win along with Punch 4.25 Kadoun 5pts ew (won nicley at Cheltenham & could represent value here)

Re: Bowles' Jump bets 05/06 last jump race for me this thread

SportHorse Racing
Event3.20 Sandown
SelectionLiberthine (Each-Way)
Strength5pts ew
Date29/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis horse loves Aintree winning there LTO but has a decent low weight & is the right age 7 for this type of race. EW appeals. The jockey gets on with the horse especially well.