** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Advice and/or suggestions

Capecross

Hi all,
I need some help and I'll explain why. 
I joined BETMGM, using my full name, but deposited £20 using my PAYPAL account, which is in my middle name. The reason being, that my bank account and PAYPAL accounts, which were in my full name, were hacked many years ago. So, I changed the PAYPAL, by dropping my first name. 
After only a couple of weeks, I had a nice little winning streak, so I withdrew £200 from the BETMGM account. The money went into the PAYPAL account without any bother.
A week later, I had an incredible night of betting. I must point out that I have a bet online almost everyday. My bets are usually £2/£3 win or e.w, a 50p fcst or a 20p tricast. As you can see I don't ever bet more than these amounts, in fact the majority of my bets are smaller than those shown.
Back to the night in question: I had a 66/1, 22/1, 20/1 winners, as well as a fcst. This brought my account total to over £400.
I withdrew £300, to go to my PAYPAL account.
Next morning, I went to purchase something from EBAY, which is paid using my PAYPAL account, but could not, because there was no funds in it????
I queried it with BETMGM via their chat room and after they verified who I was, they blocked my account saying I was a CHEAT, accused me of MONEY LAUNDERING.
I explained the reason behind the difference in the names being different and sent proof of everything, but the once again accused me of trying to defraud them by using a third party???
They now have £393 of my money.
I have emailed their customer services numerous times, for a written decision about my case, which is now 6 weeks old, so I can proceed with some sort of claim.
Has anyone got any advice PLEASE? 

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Advice and/or suggestions
1 hour ago, Capecross said:

Hi all,
I need some help and I'll explain why. 
I joined BETMGM, using my full name, but deposited £20 using my PAYPAL account, which is in my middle name. The reason being, that my bank account and PAYPAL accounts, which were in my full name, were hacked many years ago. So, I changed the PAYPAL, by dropping my first name. 
After only a couple of weeks, I had a nice little winning streak, so I withdrew £200 from the BETMGM account. The money went into the PAYPAL account without any bother.
A week later, I had an incredible night of betting. I must point out that I have a bet online almost everyday. My bets are usually £2/£3 win or e.w, a 50p fcst or a 20p tricast. As you can see I don't ever bet more than these amounts, in fact the majority of my bets are smaller than those shown.
Back to the night in question: I had a 66/1, 22/1, 20/1 winners, as well as a fcst. This brought my account total to over £400.
I withdrew £300, to go to my PAYPAL account.
Next morning, I went to purchase something from EBAY, which is paid using my PAYPAL account, but could not, because there was no funds in it????
I queried it with BETMGM via their chat room and after they verified who I was, they blocked my account saying I was a CHEAT, accused me of MONEY LAUNDERING.
I explained the reason behind the difference in the names being different and sent proof of everything, but the once again accused me of trying to defraud them by using a third party???
They now have £393 of my money.
I have emailed their customer services numerous times, for a written decision about my case, which is now 6 weeks old, so I can proceed with some sort of claim.
Has anyone got any advice PLEASE? 

Hi @Capecross, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I'm afraid BetMGM have a very bad reputation for doing all sorts of wrong things and I'm not really sure where you can go with this. You could threaten them with legal action (via small claims court) which from cases I've heard of may force them into paying what you're owed. 

On 4/16/2024 at 9:04 AM, The Brigadier said:

Hi @Capecross, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I'm afraid BetMGM have a very bad reputation for doing all sorts of wrong things and I'm not really sure where you can go with this. You could threaten them with legal action (via small claims court) which from cases I've heard of may force them into paying what you're owed. 

Interesting to hear that @The Brigadier as I'd got the impression from @MCLARKE that they weren't too bad. @Capecross you might try a service called Resolver. I've used it before with success, although it did take some time.

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

Interesting to hear that @The Brigadier as I'd got the impression from @MCLARKE that they weren't too bad. @Capecross you might try a service called Resolver. I've used it before with success, although it did take some time.

been plenty of bad stories on social media about them although I do know @MCLARKE had a good spin with them

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Yep I'm doing alright, made £1,600 and withdrawn £1,000 without any hassle but the treatment of @Capecross seems apalling

They're giving you special "celebrity" treatment because of your high profile role on here! ;)

Not as daft an idea as it might sound if we subscribe to the occasionally mooted notion that "they" are watching us (I'm sure Kevin Pullein was only able to get lumpy bets on because of who he was while those who followed him struggled to get a fiver on his selections) but perhaps just good fortune in this instance. I too had only heard negative stuff other than your experience.