** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Next Permanent Crystal Palace Manager

OK, so I might be getting ahead of myself here but with Roy Hodgson listed with Betfair at 4/9 to be the next manager sacked in the Premier League, is it too early to look at the next permanent manager with Crystal Palace?

Looking at the candidates on offer with BetVictor, there's a few names that are tempting to back. Ipswich manager Kieran McKenna is the current favourite at 5/4. There is then former Nottingham Forest gaffer Steve Cooper at 5/1, former Eintracht Frankfurt manager Oliver Glasner also at 5/1, and former Brighton and Chelsea boss Graham Potter at 8/1.

Personally, I think Cooper and Potter offer the best value but it would be a very Palace-type appointment if they took a risk with McKenna or Glasner. Who do you think is the most likely option? Or is there someone I've not mentioned like a Scott Parker, Frank Lampard, Julen Lopetegui, or even former Eagles player Gareth Southgate as wildcard picks?

@Mindfulness, keen to hear your thoughts. Are you #RoyIn or #RoyOut? If the latter, who would be your pick as a fan of the club?

Oh you just had to go there @StevieDay1983 !!!

To be honest I am a fan of Roy in general, he's done great work for the club over many years while operating on a shoe string. Not many managers out there would have done better in such frugal conditions.

Sacking him won't repair Olise and Eze's hamstrings but I accept that our defending has been a concern of late, even Brighton have conceded less at the time of writing this.

The pressure from certain sections of the fanbase could be starting to affect the players and this is a concern. Obviously if we loose at Everton on Monday then the voices calling for Roy to go will only get louder. The question is who could you bring in that would be a suitable fit to keep us in the division? If your key attacking weapons are unavailable then really your asking the incomming manager to turn water into wine in the midst of a desperate dog fight.

Roy is basically going at the end of the season anyways and I have too much respect for him to join those calling for his head. It's a matter for the board to decide what happens in the comming days or weeks as they've got the experience of actually running a premier league football club over a sustained period.

To summarise, I'm not getting involved. I will just sit on the sidelines and look on with a general malaise as the squabbling continues.

16 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

Oh you just had to go there @StevieDay1983 !!!

To be honest I am a fan of Roy in general, he's done great work for the club over many years while operating on a shoe string. Not many managers out there would have done better in such frugal conditions.

Sacking him won't repair Olise and Eze's hamstrings but I accept that our defending has been a concern of late, even Brighton have conceded less at the time of writing this.

The pressure from certain sections of the fanbase could be starting to affect the players and this is a concern. Obviously if we loose at Everton on Monday then the voices calling for Roy to go will only get louder. The question is who could you bring in that would be a suitable fit to keep us in the division? If your key attacking weapons are unavailable then really your asking the incomming manager to turn water into wine in the midst of a desperate dog fight.

Roy is basically going at the end of the season anyways and I have too much respect for him to join those calling for his head. It's a matter for the board to decide what happens in the comming days or weeks as they've got the experience of actually running a premier league football club over a sustained period.

To summarise, I'm not getting involved. I will just sit on the sidelines and look on with a general malaise as the squabbling continues.

Yeah, my apologies mate! It's nice to see someone with some background and, dare I say, sense that can give a balanced view. Odds on Roy to stay until the end of the season?

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, my apologies mate! It's nice to see someone with some background and, dare I say, sense that can give a balanced view. Odds on Roy to stay until the end of the season?

I honestly couldn't say mate, I think Palace's upcomming results will have a big say. Also, I don't bet on next manager to go market as I can't work out what the true price should be. It's a good betting market for board members and insiders but not much else.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Looking like Glasner is all but confirmed today judging by reports. Interesting given he was 5/1 as recently as yesterday. The club have done well to keep it under wraps. Would you be happy with that appointment, @Mindfulness?

I dunno, does he have special hamstring healing tablets???

He's never managed in the EPL before so the jury is out.

Now please @StevieDay1983 I just want to enjoy my malaise for the rest of the day, oh the sweet, sweet malaise.