Players Championship '24

Fader

I’m going to give Clayton another chance today, he’s been eased out slightly to 50/1 with a few firms. Also going with Schindler (125/1) again, lost in the first round yesterday, but averaged around 99 so didn’t do too much wrong.

The bigger priced selections yesterday were all rubbish, so going with Dolan (150/1), O’Connor (200/1) and Zonneveld (250/1) today - fingers crossed for some better performances.

2pts M.Smith 14/1 Bet365
-------------------------------------
1pt e/w R.Smith 28/1 Bet365
1pt e/w Van Veen 40/1 Bet365

------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w L.Bennett 200/1 Bet365
0.5pts e/w O'Connor 200/1 Bet365
0.5pts e/w Zonneveld 250/1 Bet365
-------------------------------------
0.25pts e/w Jansen 350/1 Bet365
0.25pts e/w Hall 500/1 Bet365

On 3/19/2024 at 8:40 PM, ThunderDan9 said:

Chizzy, "of course"... eliminating Schindler AND Ross Smith back-to-back...:\

Jansen was hard to take. He was throwing to make it into the Semi-Finals. He would have beaten Chizzy I'm sure of it. 350/1 so annoying. I'm glad DVD didn't win because I knew that pain in the ass was gonna win soon and i backed him the day before.

• 3 weeks later...

Players Championship events continue today, as usual gone with a few outsiders to spring a surprise …  Gurney (125/1), van Barneveld (125/1), Dolan (175/1), Menzies (200/1) and Zonneveld (250/1).

Noticed that Coral have priced up O’Connor at 500/1 😁 - not sure if they’ll pay out if he wins, but worth the risk.

3 hours ago, daveg said:

Noticed that Coral have priced up O’Connor at 500/1 😁 - not sure if they’ll pay out if he wins, but worth the risk.

Unless they scratch it before the off, they'll have to pay out. They can't take your money at those odds if he loses and not pay out at those odds if he wins.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Unless they scratch it before the off, they'll have to pay out. They can't take your money at those odds if he loses and not pay out at those odds if he wins.

Cheers @Torque - all academic as O’Connor lost in the first round ☹️

That’s a frustrating one mate. Gurney got to the quarters for me yesterday, and I’ll stick with him today, albeit at reduced odds of 75/1. Also going with Dolan (175/1), De Sousa (175/1), Menzies (200/1) and Lee Evans (450/1).

(Menzies didn’t play yesterday, hopefully he’s there today).

still, no decent bookies doing 4 places. They do take the p*ss. They've killed this with their 2 place payouts. I like the idea of Heta or Aspinall but they always fall at the last hurdle so I'll go with these at bigger prices.

DVD 33/1 Bet365
R.Smith 33/1 Bet365
Rock 40/1 Bet365
------------------------
Woodhouse 150/1 Paddypower
De Sousa 175/1 Paddypower
Pietreczko 175/1 Paddypower
Hurrell 400/1 Bet365

5 minutes ago, daveg said:

That’s a frustrating one mate. Gurney got to the quarters for me yesterday, and I’ll stick with him today, albeit at reduced odds of 75/1. Also going with Dolan (175/1), De Sousa (175/1), Menzies (200/1) and Lee Evans (450/1).

(Menzies didn’t play yesterday, hopefully he’s there today).

yeah, i noticed he didn't play and they didn't refund me so I just messaged them. Good luck today.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Trimble89 said:

That opens it up nicely as a betting prospect then 😅

Immensely. Especially the "no Littler" part. :)

Price used to play very well on German soil, historically, but I guess he is unplayable these days.

Eight tournaments, eight different winners at this point... but only Barnie as a real surprise winner... my first thought is Joyce and Scott Williams, but I haven't even looked at the odds yet.

yeah, Soutar looks like the best price today, after yesterday. I can't have Bunting at 12/1. So skinny. Wanted Dobey, but again, 12/1 is rubbish. Have gone for the following, all e/w apart from Chizzy.

Chisnall 16/1
Van Veen 33/1
Edhouse 45/1
------------------------------
RVB 100/1
Woodhouse 125/1
Veenstra 200/1
Soutar 250/1
Doets 250/1
Dom Taylor 250/1

my luck on these nowadays is comical. Dom Taylor finds a way to lose against crappy old Dolan whilst Chizzy loses to serial loser Gurney despite being over 10pts above his average. Meanwhile Van Veen turns to mush against 9 lifes Bunting.

Dolan had barely got above 90 the whole day. Taylor led 3-0 and 4-3 and ofcourse Dolan manages a 101 average all of a sudden out of nowhere :D argh so mad. Would have been a 125/1 winner cause I know Gurney would have bottled it in the next round.