** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions - 3rd February

Eastleigh v Chesterfield
Pretty obvious at the moment that Eastleigh are really struggling at the back. In 4 of their last 5 games they have conceded 4 goals and in the other game, a 1-0 loss to Southend, it should have been more than 1 given how high Southend's xG was in that match. They host a Chesterfield side who we know are full of goals and I find it hard to see how Eastleigh are going to be strong enough at the back to keep them out. I think it is worth taking a chance on the -2 handicap and hopefully the away side can win by at least 2.

Scarborough v South Shields
Scarborough have only lost once at home all season, but maybe South Shields could make it 2. A change of many for the away side has seen improvement from them with just one loss in 5 now. They were very good at Hereford on Tuesday night when beating them 3-0 and if they can repeat that performance the I think they are capable of beating the home side here.

Spennymoor v Peterborough Sports
The home side have forgotten how to win and continue to struggle. They have got just 2 points in their last 10 games and the away side are value here to heap more misery on them. Sports beat Bishops Stortford in the Christmas/New Year double header and in their 3 league games since they have done well to draw with Scarborough and Alfreton before a 1-0 loss against Scunthorpe last week. This is clearly a step down from those games and Sports have got a good chance of getting back to winning ways.

Maidstone v Yeovil
What an effort it was from Maidstone last week to beat Ipswich in the FA Cup. Clearly they rode their luck, but they worked very hard and were clinical when the couple of chances came their way. I am taking them on here though as I think it will be hard for them to replicate that effort against the side who are miles clear at the top of the table. There have been signs as well that the FA Cup run is hindering their league form.

Torquay v St Albans
St Albans have only lost 1 game in their last 9 and despite them losing their manager to Wealdstone last week they were still able to get a 1-1 draw against Yeovil and played well. They have won 6 of those 9 games as well and as I have highlighted a few times in recent weeks I don't think Torquay are carrying a huge amount of threat at the moment. In their last 6 league games the only time they have won is against Dover and they have been struggling. St Albans look value to continue their fine form.

Welling v Taunton
We should have collected when we took Taunton on last week, but hopefully we can collect opposing them this week. I took on Welling in midweek as I wondered how the players would react to the sudden change in management, but I have to say they surprised me with how they performed against Hampton and I thought they deserved the win. They take that effort into this game and they should really be beating a weakened Taunton side who have always travelled poorly.

Weymouth v Hemel Hempstead
Hemel did win two on the bounce away from home and it wasn't a shock they lost a Yeovil in their last away game, but on the whole the have been poor away and Weymouth have not only been hard to beat, especially at home, but they have also started to turn the draws into victories having won their last 3. Hemel were poor against Welling last Satuday and I think Weymouth can continue their winning form.

Prices from Friday 6pm

Chesterfield -2 1pt @ 12/5 with Bet365 (take up to 2/1)
South Shields 1pt @ 12/5 with Skybet and William Hill (BetVictor are 13/5 and take up to 2/1)
Peterborough Sports 2pts @ 21/10 with Skybet and William Hill (BetVictor are 11/5 and take up to 7/4)
Yeovil 1pt @ 6/4 with Skybet, BetVictor, Betfred (take up to 5/4)
St Albans 1pt @ 5/2 with Paddy Power, Betfair and Skybet (take up to 2/1)
Welling 2pts @ 21/20 with Betfred and Bet365 (take up to 5/6)
Weymouth 2pts @ 6/5 with Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to Evs)