Racing Chat - Monday 8th January

3.00 Taun Killaloan 0.50 ew at 11/1 with Bet365 & saver win bet of 1 pt win on Just Loose change at 7/2 with Bet 365

Didn't update Year end results previously as have been too busy with personal stuff. Anyway, my loss for last year was - 105.48 and the L15 loss (incl) was -11.75.  At least I didn't do as bad as in the previous year with over 300 points loss.  I still lost because of too many stakes on too many singles bets.  The festivals also took their toll on my results.

I am a lot happier with my betting now and enjoying looking at the ATR's smart stats plus the rides of my favourite jockeys/trainers.  I don't know how much time I will give to horse racing this year; I am even tempted to just do Saturdays.  I readily accept that I am just fortunate if I hit upon a bit of information that pays off.  However, my enthusiasm that I can be successful remains so I will probably continue with my unproven ideas for success.  At least I will enjoy the challenge this year more than in any other year

Edited by The Equaliser

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

I am a lot happier with my betting now and enjoying looking at the ATR's smart stats plus the rides of my favourite jockeys/trainers.  I don't know how much time I will give to horse racing this year; I am even tempted to just do Saturdays. 

You are doing very well with your naps. Perhaps concentrate on them and increase your stakes, less is more as they say.

Newcastle 1830

Atrafan

win

record here absolutely impeccable and that was emphasised to a fine point when here over the wrong distance last time.

small win bet.

however

Gunnmental 

each way

has to be of huge interest given he’s in this level of classifieds from handicapping for the first time and a massive price here given his record over the trip is identical to the favourites six course and distance  wins and the price disparity is wrong and while area fan will likely pick up where he left off over the trip at this time of year which has only ever been first or second.

Atrafan is poised to win while gunmental is handicapped and drawn to win given his ability in higher grade and first arrival in classifieds….,

atrafan

gunmental

reverse forecast

Edited by Sporting Sam

On 1/8/2024 at 2:25 PM, The Equaliser said:

3.00 Taun Killaloan 0.50 ew at 11/1 with Bet365 & saver win bet of 1 pt win on Just Loose change at 7/2 with Bet 365

Didn't update Year end results previously as have been too busy with personal stuff. Anyway, my loss for last year was - 105.48 and the L15 loss (incl) was -11.75.  At least I didn't do as bad as in the previous year with over 300 points loss.  I still lost because of too many stakes on too many singles bets.  The festivals also took their toll on my results.

I am a lot happier with my betting now and enjoying looking at the ATR's smart stats plus the rides of my favourite jockeys/trainers.  I don't know how much time I will give to horse racing this year; I am even tempted to just do Saturdays.  I readily accept that I am just fortunate if I hit upon a bit of information that pays off.  However, my enthusiasm that I can be successful remains so I will probably continue with my unproven ideas for success.  At least I will enjoy the challenge this year more than in any other year

You lost 2 and a half quid a week. Most people lose that on playing a lottery that is almost impossible to win on. This year i will be reasonably happy losing £2 quid a week given i have scaled all my research right back to ~30 mins a day from 4+ hours.