Racing chat-sunday 24th sept

18 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Irish cesarewitch 

Tower of London. 8.8 7/1 

Dawn rising.  8.5 18.5 

HMS seahorse. 8.5 33/1 

Echoes in rain. 8.2 

5pt win tower ....3pt win dawn ....2pt Ew HMS 

intresting richard a pal of mine has a sizeable anti post bet ticket on "hms seahorse" 

Hamilton. 

Single. 

2.15. Garfield Shawdon        5/1        1st 

Double. 

4.00. Rock Melody                3/1     3rd 

5.40. Alghear                          4/1       unpl

singles & double 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Sha Tin

ISLAND GOLDEN

Win

appeared to be coming to hand latest 83 days ago and impressive winner several runs back on debut

AFFIRM

ATOMIC BEAUTY 

Both each way

Andre atzeni bang in form on the rock rides affirm in first time headgear.

affirm and atomic both drawn together out wide and may give each other a lead into the race.

Atomic a group 2 winner over much further. Win over seven on debut for Ger Lyons last September. Looks laid out to win once switched to over a mile. Until then will always be a big price over these impossibly sharp trips. Was known in Ireland as atomic Jones. So it was a toss up to call him

lucky Jones or Atomic beauty

i’d have gone for lucky atomic dragon!

Edited by Sporting Sam

I am  virtually dropping each way betting from my repertoire today.

I’ve realised that most of the books yesterday were bent. The overrounds would make an organised crime boss blush. So it is win or nothing from today. Where did the 1/4 odds go on big fields? Did we all go to sleep? 
Sure if I spot an overpriced horse at 100/1 then I may relent, but the only way to fight back against the bookmakers who are shooting fish in a barrel is to play them at their own game. If there was a national BOYCOTT on each way betting in big races until they the bookmakers returned to fairer terms ie 1/4 odds over 16 runners and better overrounds, it WOULD make a difference and if punters concentrated on WINNERS they would be in a better place anyway and bookmakers would lose millions over night. They only way to beat these guys is to play them at their own game. So starting with the big race at the curragh  and in the group one race in Germany at Baden Baden today I’m going WIN ONLY No EACH WAY. It will hurt the bookmakers and the likes of mark chapman and even Tom Segal will actually have to earn their corn and report that punters have had enough. 

John McCririck

remember him? The last journalist to take his head out of racing’s trough the gravy train that they all appear to be on today and actually say something in favour of PUNTERS. 
In Baden Baden

I've chosen two horses I’d normally have backed each way. So I’m already getting better terms by backing them both to win because if either wins I will get Much more than if I’d backed them both each way. Winners back winners to win.

INDIA & STRAIGHT

Win

Edited by Sporting Sam

🤞 good luck all today with your racing.......Hamilton 7 races and only 1 with over 7 runners 😲.......small interest for us, made some nice profit Thursday / Saturday sooooo following @richard-westwood in Irish cesarewitch paying 6 places with 3 wins Tower of london / Echoes in rain / Dawn rising and EW HMS Seahorse 

Sha Tin 1010

welcome to my ‘ brave new world’! 

Chrysos

&

Snaffles

both

win

chrysos

caused a major upset at happy valley in may with an all the way win at massive odds. Not sighted since and perhaps best caught fresh today. At the bottom of the field here weight wise. 
snaffles was a staying on third over shorter on seasonal reappearance and this step up to a mile puts him in a very good light.

Stepping snaffles up in trip right away seems a very good option.

exceptional ride from the front by chryso .didn’t last home but run full of promise and will be interesting on dirt. Snaffles could not get an out and when finally extracted failed by a neck to a rival who had a clear run. Definitely an eye catcher.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Irish Cesarewitch 

I’ve had huge success with draw data including a 28/1 winner at Wolverhampton last night.

A first opportunity to use the draw data system as it’s been flip starts for this contest until last year. I’ve left out the physics for the race by naming the selections early before the true impact of the physics can be assessed.  The  impact of such can be assessed after the race as always.

The draw data horse here is

Jackfinbar 

win

drawn in last years winning stall (which is only part of  the draw data methodology, but a precise assessment of that race still comes up with stall eighteen which points strongly to a good performance from that stall given that the occupant is the top weight and weighted by the handicapper to win the race)

a group three winner in France for David O’Meara.

Tower of London 

win

strong chance if suited by the going and like significantly yesterday brings big race form from last week to the table.

ECHOES IN RAIN

win

highest drawn highest weighted have obvious claims and the rains have arrived for one of half a dozen Mullins runners.

Edited by Sporting Sam

7 minutes ago, Sporting Sam said:

Irish Cesarewitch 

I’ve had huge success with draw data including a 28/1 winner at Wolverhampton last night.

The draw data horse here is

Jackfinbar 

win

drawn in last years winning stall (which is only part of  the draw data methodology.)

a group three winner in France for David O’Meara.

Tower of London 

win

strong chance if suited by the going and like significantly yesterday brings big race form from last week to the table.

ECHOES IN RAIN

win

highest drawn highest weighted have obvious claims and the rains have arrived for one of half a dozen Mullins runners.

Yes the only negative for tower is the short layoff .....and it's a big negative because not many horses can run their race after a short layoff ....but that's balanced with his form being so strong and way ahead ....it's a very interesting situation and will be interesting to see what happens and how it's pans out 😃

The Irish Ceaserewitch

A wild one for me i just don't get why this horse is 66/1.  Ran a very decent race when 4th in this last year lower weight and a app on top takes another 5lb off not fancied in the market but have to have a play e/w  6places  BOG  FALCON EIGHT 66/1

1pt e/w = 2pts invested

The curragh 

13:50

gesture

versatile

both win

gesture

draw data horse 

versatile

has missed races three times due to going and very well bred. Potential value these two against the favourites

14:00

Colonngne

germany

Geologist

win

Hollie Doyle 

Rides for Amy Murphy 

Edited by Sporting Sam

Hollie Doyle brings home the bacon from Germany as Geologist wins for Amy Murphy.

Vestigia

win

the curragh 3:35

Vestigia

Reverse forecast with 

Uncle Albert

Vestigia is the draw data horse.

both of these bring good form into this nursery.draw data and a valuable sales race swings things towards vestgia with the  reverse forecast the saver. Difficult to evaluate either’s form in terms of strength.

Edited by Sporting Sam

On 9/23/2023 at 1:59 PM, richard-westwood said:

Irish cesarewitch 

Tower of London. 8.8 7/1 

Dawn rising.  8.5 18.5 

HMS seahorse. 8.5 33/1 

Echoes in rain. 8.2 

5pt win tower ....3pt win dawn ....2pt Ew HMS 

Ground was atrocious ....150/1 won ....dawn rising was touched off in 3rd .....almost 

5 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

The Irish Ceaserewitch

A wild one for me i just don't get why this horse is 66/1.  Ran a very decent race when 4th in this last year lower weight and a app on top takes another 5lb off not fancied in the market but have to have a play e/w  6places  BOG  FALCON EIGHT 66/1

1pt e/w = 2pts invested

Gutted ran a cracker  bit unlucky

group 1 race glory today in Germany with India winning well and Hollie Doyle winning earlier on escapologist .

Hamilton 4:35

Ramon Di Loria
Win
Drops in class for this race and notable jockey change.

down below winning mark and ran very wide last time behind horse he last beat princess karine.

big big chance here under 3 lb claimer

Edited by Sporting Sam

Exactly ten races today and group 1 joy with India as outlined earlier.

Hollie Doyle also landed a win with Geologist earlier at cologne as well.

Vestigia got going all too late and lost at the curragh by a very narrow margin.

Not backing runners each way will take some adjustments on my part and happy with a first day.

Two winners in the stable switchers too. was I on them? No.

Edited by Sporting Sam