Championship Predictions > August 12th

image.png

Here's the second set of fixtures in the Championship. Leeds had to salvage a 2-2 draw at home to Cardiff but the other 2 relegated teams started with a win (Leicester and Southampton). Ipswich and Plymouth both registered victories to fly the flag for the promoted teams but Sheffield Wednesday lost at home to Southampton to kick off what could be a difficult season for them. Middlesbrough v Coventry catches the eye as the two highest placed teams to miss out on promotion renew their rivalry. Let us know what bets you're having on these games.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, harry_rag said:

image.png

Here's the second set of fixtures in the Championship. Leeds had to salvage a 2-2 draw at home to Cardiff but the other 2 relegated teams started with a win (Leicester and Southampton). Ipswich and Plymouth both registered victories to fly the flag for the promoted teams but Sheffield Wednesday lost at home to Southampton to kick off what could be a difficult season for them. Middlesbrough v Coventry catches the eye as the two highest placed teams to miss out on promotion renew their rivalry. Let us know what bets you're having on these games.

Unbelievably it's the 4th time in our last 6 Championship games that we face Middlesbrough!  Good performance at Leicester at the weekend, our finishing cost us. I can't look past Leicester for promotion, very strong side with quite a few Premier League quality players in that squad. I definitely fancy them away at Huddersfield. Leeds looked very good going forward in the second half at home to Cardiff. It's a very strong Championship this season. I like the look of Southampton too with Russell Martin as manager, very possession based. I'd have them to win at home to Norwich. 

Millwall FC vs Bristol City

2023-08-12T16:00+02:00

Millwall FC

Doubtful: Murray Wallace (1/0 d, probably out)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Bristol City

Doubtful: Andi Weimann (1/0 m, captain)

Out (injuries/other): Tommy Conway (1/0 f), Ross McCrorie (0/0 m), Ayman Benarous (0/0 m), Rob Atkinson (0/0 d), Alex Scott (0/0 m, left the club)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

There are 2 prices that stand out there Blackburn at 7/5 at Rotherham. Stoke made real light work of Rotherham last weekend and I feel its going to be a long season for Rotherham and their fans. Unless Blackburn have a whole host of injuries I think they get the 3 points here.

Birmingham 3/1, should they be that much? Leeds are much fancied but they are certainly missing a striker and still suspect defensively, I'm not convinced this will be an easier game as the bookies pricing suggests for Leeds. Farke might need a bit of time to get everything as he wishes and to turn that in to results. I certainly think Birmingham are worthy of consideration here even if only at double chance if this can be backed at more than evs.

On 8/9/2023 at 1:06 AM, skyblues88 said:

Unbelievably it's the 4th time in our last 6 Championship games that we face Middlesbrough! 

Yeah, remember that from the back end of the season; hopefully means my bets will be stronger as a result! :unsure

3 anytime system bets for me in this one, one will do for a profit. Godden at 4, Simms at 3.95 and Rogers at 5.1. The latter two are too short for me with the bookies but got my asking price on the exchange.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:20 PM, harry_rag said:

Yeah, remember that from the back end of the season; hopefully means my bets will be stronger as a result! :unsure

3 anytime system bets for me in this one, one will do for a profit. Godden at 4, Simms at 3.95 and Rogers at 5.1. The latter two are too short for me with the bookies but got my asking price on the exchange.

Good pick with Godden 👍 Unlucky with Morgan Rogers as he should have scored after running through our defence. I'd imagine Simms will probably on the bench next week at Swansea with Haji Wright starting.