Racing Chat-Sunday 26th March

Cheval valient again tacked across field and built up a big lead. run down on the line to be second.

Photo for third involved seasons wit.

Ching 

Win

Eased down last time when winning readily.

Hard to oppose turned out quickly.

Atomic Beauty

Each way

An enigma.  Won first two races  as a juvenile for Ger Lyons winning a maiden stakes and a Group two. Beating Stone Age and point Gellibrand in the process. Saddled with mark of 104 and struggled since. Now running off career low mark in low sixties, but hasn't placed since. Was known then as Atomic Jones.

Carlisle. 

Single. 

5.18. Reggae De Baune      13/2

stk 5.00     rtn 37.50.

V.Williams.

Exeter. 

Double. 

2.42. Victtorino    3/1    4th

3.17. Stanley Stanley       9/2     unpl

singles & double. 

stk.6.00      rtn 63.00

Good luck all 

Edited by kensland

Ching won very easily at Sha Tin.

Limerick 3.25

Grandero Bello

Win

Has a very good chance of reversing form here with the devilscoachman. Just two lengths behind in third when they met in a beginner's chase with Churchtown warrior also ahead.

They raced off levels that day which means they are both better off today with Grandero reduced by 12 pounds and thedevilscoachman by just six.

That's a massive pull in favour of Grandero.

Has come on in leaps and bounds since winning maiden hurdle last year. Also a winning pointer so now will relish the three miles over fences.

Just beaten in a battle with Bronn recently. form franked at Cheltenham with Bronn's third to the real whacker and Gerri columbe before routing a big field latest including mac's charm. 

Had a bit of a shocker yesterday ....... lost by half a point in the PL Cup Final, my Nap of the Day lost, my selections in the £20 thread lost, all 3 of my football bets lost including a big stake double scuppered by the Welsh injury time equaliser.

So it's time for a change

Chuck out the short priced favourites, chuck out the all weather speed ratings and time to look for some EW shots in handicaps

I'm looking at the 3 decent handicap chases at Carlisle this afternoon hoping they all run so I get 3 places in each race

So I'm not even looking at any horse in single figure odds ...... just anything 10/1 and above . Giving them ticks based on Suitability of track/trip/ground - class and hcap mark - yard form - horse's current form

Now obviously there's going to be some doubts about all of them or they wouldn't be double figure odds ...... but here's what I think are the most likely of the bigger priced runners to be involved in the finish

Carlisle 

2.25 - Getaway Luv - EW 12/1 bet365 - main doubt here is track & going  but he has won RH and has won over a longer trip on Soft so hopefully he'll get the shorter trip on Heavy

3.35 - Uptown Harry - EW 11/1 bet365 - mostly ticks here apart from Yard Form, but it's not desperately bad

4.45 - Skyhill - EW 14/1 bet365 - bit trickier here because all the double figure priced horses have a couple of doubts over them. With Skyhill he usually runs in worse races than this but the conditions look OK and he's in decent form

Edited by Trotter

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

Carlisle 

2.25 - Getaway Luv - EW 12/1 bet365 - main doubt here is track & going  but he has won RH and has won over a longer trip on Soft so hopefully he'll get the shorter trip on Heavy

3.35 - Uptown Harry - EW 11/1 bet365 - mostly ticks here apart from Yard Form, but it's not desperately bad

4.45 - Skyhill - EW 14/1 bet365 - bit trickier here because all the double figure priced horses have a couple of doubts over them. With Skyhill he usually runs in worse races than this but the conditions look OK and he's in decent form

Getaway Luv finished 5th ........ probably wasn't going to place but was badly hampered at the last fence when a horse fell in front of him and he had no chance after that

Uptown Harry won 12/1 - makes it a good day ! Fortuntely this was the one I put up as my Nap of the Day (and To Win not EW)

Skyhill unplaced .... finished midfield, never really in it

Both the races my selection didn't win were won by one of the other horses on my short list (ie horses over 10/1)

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

My racing thwarted today.  Would have lost anyway apart from Toughasoldboots

5.07 Ex Vinnie Sparkle 1 pt win at 3.6 (My Pl Nap)

5.18 Carl President Scottie 1 pt win at 5.3, Foxwood (BH) 1 pt win at 5.9 and Reggae De Beaune (DonMc) 0.50 win at 7/1

= 3.50 stakes today

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was a waste of time.  The biggest disappointment for Dan Skelton at least must have been Vinnie Sparkles since he owns the horse.  Finished last at 9/4 favourite.  My MTD is + 44.12 and YTD - 51.15.  Let's hope for better quality tomorrow

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

17 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

Carlisle

300 Esme shelby

335 fever roque

410 piaff bubbles

445 creative control

Exeter

207 keppage

317 yaknow urself / merry mistress

352 revels hill

To bsp

Few 2nds but all in all bad day that ground showed heavy carlisle but commentators saying soft so maybe affected it.

Edited by Wildgarden