DAILY LUCKY 15

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

I notice you never put your monthly or yearly P/L up anymore how come?

I do write them up quite regularly but tend to just quote YTD figures.  Since you ask I have updated my figures to include today's bets.  Lucky 15's YTD  = -46.66; Racing Chat (RC) YTD including L15's = -52.64 Points.

I was a bit annoyed with myself today for not backing my Nap selection Slipaway independently of the L15

Surely you can't retire, who will check up on me regularly 🤣

5 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Any reason for the change of bookie ?

Aggro with amount of time spent on there have it all the time will go back in a couple of weeks I said I’m retired nothing else better to do but they have to cover there self I suppose 🥲👍 doing all right on first lucky 15 in France 25/1 winner 12/1 second can’t believe it won at 9/1 so got result there but on the whole rather do French on bet365 for  Bog 👍

43 minutes ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Aggro with amount of time spent on there have it all the time will go back in a couple of weeks I said I’m retired nothing else better to do but they have to cover there self I suppose 🥲👍 doing all right on first lucky 15 in France 25/1 winner 12/1 second can’t believe it won at 9/1 so got result there but on the whole rather do French on bet365 for  Bog 👍

Tell you the truth iam thinking of going back to the good old days down to grays £40 out 🏧 6 lucky 15 got right rough old pud next to 3 bookies sounds great £22 for beer 🍺

Each Way 4 Fold AccumulatorRef: 336586484

4 Selections

1. Flamelco - 7/2Winner - 13:32 HuntingdonEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

6. Airtothethrone - 5/1Winner - 13:50 ChepstowEach Way: 1/5 Odds 3 Places

10. Try The Money - 7/2Winner - 14:07 HuntingdonEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

3. Dasher - 9/1Winner - 14:42 HuntingdonEach Way: 1/5 Odds 3 Places

Stake£1.00
Win Stake£0.50
Place Stake£0.50
Potential Returns£617.34

Lucky15Ref: 336586487

4 Selections

1. Flamelco - 7/2Winner - 13:32 Huntingdon

6. Airtothethrone - 5/1Winner - 13:50 Chepstow

10. Try The Money - 7/2Winner - 14:07 Huntingdon

3. Dasher - 9/1Winner - 14:42 Huntingdon

Stake£1.50
Potential Returns£232.83
Retain Selections
Total Stake£2.50
Total Potential Returns£850.17

6 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Going to tow the line with bet365 🥲 no cash out on French racing no double for one winner 

23 hours ago, tonythepaint said:

Been going through the records since this thread started last year.

95 bets -£91.14

14 bets -£29.46

Will carry on with 40p win bets on a Saturday and the big meetings.

Its been about a year now hasn't it Tony? So your losses are what £120 = under £2.50 a week? so basically you are 1 half decent treble away from recouping your losses is a good way of looking at it apart from the entertainment value.

Update- January the 6th was starting date so its about £2 quid a week.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

28 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Its been about a year now hasn't it Tony? So your losses are what £120 = under £2.50 a week? so basically you are 1 half decent treble away from recouping your losses is a good way of looking at it apart from the entertainment value.

Update- January the 6th was starting date so its about £2 quid a week.

I've enjoyed the fun of doing the lucky 15's.

I'm going to just stick to 40p win lucky 15's from now on. My stake is a bit bigger than when I started but I'm doing fewer bets.

Probably will do the odd £5 single when a nice tip comes up on the site e.g Ace Impact 

54 minutes ago, tonythepaint said:

I've enjoyed the fun of doing the lucky 15's.

I'm going to just stick to 40p win lucky 15's from now on. My stake is a bit bigger than when I started but I'm doing fewer bets.

Probably will do the odd £5 single when a nice tip comes up on the site e.g Ace Impact 

I guarantee there won't be any cashing out.💰💰

On 3/16/2024 at 11:31 PM, The Equaliser said:

I do write them up quite regularly but tend to just quote YTD figures.  Since you ask I have updated my figures to include today's bets.  Lucky 15's YTD  = -46.66; Racing Chat (RC) YTD including L15's = -52.64 Points.

I was a bit annoyed with myself today for not backing my Nap selection Slipaway independently of the L15

Surely you can't retire, who will check up on me regularly 🤣

To be fair to @The Equaliserhe is one of the few that do seem to keep accurate records !

It would be great if more of us kept records of profit or loss.

It can be a bit of a pain but it doesn't take a long time to do and it might help in the long run. You could see if things start to get out of hand.

I know there are some of us that do keep records. The equaliser, Black Rabbit, Richard Westwood and yourself. 

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

1 hour ago, tonythepaint said:

It would be great if more of us kept records of profit or loss.

It can be a bit of a pain but it doesn't take a long time to do and it might help in the long run. You could see if things start to get out of hand.

I know there are some of us that do keep records. The equaliser, Black Rabbit, Richard Westwood and yourself. 

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

I forgot the king of record keeping.

Ralphie7 

Each Way 4 Fold AccumulatorRef: 338464973

4 Selections

6. Seaside Legend - 5/1Winner - 14:13 FontwellEach Way: 1/5 Odds 3 Places

1. Barlovento - 15/8Winner - 15:00 SouthwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

2. Innisfree Lass - 13/8Winner - 17:00 SouthwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

8. Zumaaty - 9/4Winner - 20:30 NewcastleEach Way: 1/5 Odds 3 Places

Stake£1.00
Win Stake£0.50
Place Stake£0.50
Potential Returns£76.58

Lucky15Ref: 338464976

4 Selections

6. Seaside Legend - 5/1Winner - 14:13 Fontwell

1. Barlovento - 15/8Winner - 15:00 Southwell

2. Innisfree Lass - 13/8Winner - 17:00 Southwell

8. Zumaaty - 9/4Winner - 20:30 Newcastle

Stake£1.50
Potential Returns£41.69
Retain Selections
Total Stake£2.50
Total Potential Returns£118.27

Each Way 4 Fold AccumulatorRef: 338465978

4 Selections

1. Sailing Grace - 6/1Winner - 15:18 FontwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

4. Ideallko - 11/2Winner - 16:18 FontwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

4. Jubilee Gold - 4/1Winner - 16:30 SouthwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

2. Fortuitous Favour - 4/1Winner - 16:48 FontwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

Stake£1.00
Win Stake£0.50
Place Stake£0.50
Potential Returns£580.63

Lucky15Ref: 338465981

4 Selections

1. Sailing Grace - 6/1Winner - 15:18 Fontwell

4. Ideallko - 11/2Winner - 16:18 Fontwell

4. Jubilee Gold - 4/1Winner - 16:30 Southwell

2. Fortuitous Favour - 4/1Winner - 16:48 Fontwell

Stake£1.50
Potential Returns£215.90
Retain Selections
Total Stake£2.50
Total Potential Returns£796.53

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:
Each Way 4 Fold AccumulatorRef: 338464973

4 Selections

6. Seaside Legend - 5/1Winner - 14:13 FontwellEach Way: 1/5 Odds 3 Places

1. Barlovento - 15/8Winner - 15:00 SouthwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

2. Innisfree Lass - 13/8Winner - 17:00 SouthwellEach Way: 1/4 Odds 2 Places

8. Zumaaty - 9/4Winner - 20:30 NewcastleEach Way: 1/5 Odds 3 Places

Stake£1.00
Win Stake£0.50
Place Stake£0.50
Potential Returns£76.58

Lucky15Ref: 338464976

4 Selections

6. Seaside Legend - 5/1Winner - 14:13 Fontwell

1. Barlovento - 15/8Winner - 15:00 Southwell

2. Innisfree Lass - 13/8Winner - 17:00 Southwell

8. Zumaaty - 9/4Winner - 20:30 Newcastle

Stake£1.50
Potential Returns£41.69

Retain Selections
Total Stake£2.50
Total Potential Returns£118.27

Explain the reasoning behind an ew fourfold and in particular the place aspect at prices 5/1, 15/8, 13/8 & 9/4. I really am genuinely curious. @harry_rag if these prices were on football how would you treat them? @MCLARKE you are into your maths, what are your thoughts are there any merits in your view?

30 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Explain the reasoning behind an ew fourfold and in particular the place aspect at prices 5/1, 15/8, 13/8 & 9/4. I really am genuinely curious. @harry_rag if these prices were on football how would you treat them? @MCLARKE you are into your maths, what are your thoughts are there any merits in your view?

There could be some logic if there are extra places available.

However the benefits are better the higher the odds so the each way element will dilute the winnings / increase the losses.

20 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Maybe it’s a case of “muscle memory” in that’s how he stakes his daily bets, for convenience perhaps rather than consider “bespoke” staking based on the odds each time. Personally I’d have said the odds were a bit short for my tastes in terms of a win lucky 15 and I agree, in this case, the e/w fourfold isn’t worth the bother given it would barely return £3 for the places. I guess the point of that bet is in case all 4 place when you did a win L15 rather than e/w. It might be worth it where the place return is big enough to regret missing out on but this would be below my cut off point for feeling it was worth the bother.

I’ll have a think re how I’d stake them on footy bets. It’s rare for me to have the opportunity to do multis for a variety of reasons but I always consider the minimum return (to make sure it’s worthwhile) before I decide on the staking.

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

I know that the place bet element brings about lousy returns usually on L15's and Acca's, apart from your big-priced selections which justifies it as a bet in its own right.  However, I am content to recover my whole stake and more sometimes when all of the selections get placed.

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I know that the place bet element brings about lousy returns usually on L15's and Acca's, apart from your big-priced selections which justifies it as a bet in its own right.  However, I am content to recover my whole stake and more sometimes when all of the selections get placed.

With respect and i have to be careful when communicating with you because you seem to be a very sensitive sort and get a bit titsy whenever i challenge your thinking. However in all the time i have been on here you have never won anything apart from a few KO cup competitions and lose money year on year. A few members have given you good advice over the years but you just ignore them or come up with a reason to just carry on regardless. Most bettors are quite prepared to lose pounds to achieve a goal but you are terrified of losing pennies which is very strange because that is what you constantly do, lose pennies that turn into pounds. I have said before you need to throw out everything you are doing and find a different approach/angle because if you keep banging your head against this brick wall you will be spending more money on paracetamol than the horses. In your defence i will say at least you involve yourself in most aspects of the site which is good but that does open you up for responses from other members as does anything i or anyone else might put up.

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I am content to recover my whole stake and more sometimes when all of the selections get placed.

Legitimate enough as a starting point. Personally (as an occasional L15 bettor) I only do it when the return for all 4 placing is big enough to make me wince a bit if I miss out on it. The question about whether it is a worthwhile approach or, perhaps, falls into @Zilzalian’s “fear of losing” category is easily solved. Is the place aspect of the bet profitable in the long run? Hopefully you record your bets in such a way that it can be easily checked, given that you’d have a decent sample size of these bets by now.

10 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

With respect and i have to be careful when communicating with you because you seem to be a very sensitive sort and get a bit titsy whenever i challenge your thinking. However in all the time i have been on here you have never won anything apart from a few KO cup competitions and lose money year on year. A few members have given you good advice over the years but you just ignore them or come up with a reason to just carry on regardless. Most bettors are quite prepared to lose pounds to achieve a goal but you are terrified of losing pennies which is very strange because that is what you constantly do, lose pennies that turn into pounds. I have said before you need to throw out everything you are doing and find a different approach/angle because if you keep banging your head against this brick wall you will be spending more money on paracetamol than the horses. In your defence i will say at least you involve yourself in most aspects of the site which is good but that does open you up for responses from other members as does anything i or anyone else might put up.

To be fair I think @The Equaliserdoes very well with his naps (better than you and I !) and he would probably be better sticking all his money on this selection (quality rather than quantity) if he wants to maximise his profit (which might not be his actual objective).