** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing- Chat Wednesday January 4th .

1.50 Nc Inamm 2.04 LAY bet at 3.50 = 2 v -5.10 The market seems to be expecting a big run from this 10-year-old but it looks worth opposing

12.20 NC Oscar Doodle 2.04 Lay at 3.25  = 2 pts v 4.59 Liability.  Hoping that stamina won't hold out at 12 furlongs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lay bet in the first race scraped home by a short head so I lost 4.59.  The second horse lost so a loss of 2.59 on the day.  I couldn't be bothered to look for any more lay bets today.  My MTD is +1.14.  I guess that because I am laying fancied horses the law of probabilities means that some of them are bound to win.  Let's hope that I get better as the year progresses at finding genuine problems around my selections that ensure I, on balance will choose those that are not up to winning. 

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

Happy valley 1.45

Pashichi 

Each way

Racing post says he was a runner up to a good sort in a barrier trial.

I watched his barrier trial and he actually won comfortably. Certainly beat a classy horse (although barrier trials are deceptive.) Flying high was the horse in the trial.

Drawn stall 8 and low in the field.

Hasn't got long to turn things around, but good local jockey booked who scored a hat trick on new years day. Full set of headgear on and although might need the run, priced accordingly.

Edited by sporting sam

Regal Rambler was a Stable Switcher in the 1.20 at Newcastle, lots of money in from 4.9 to 2.4 but traded to 1.2 in running then got done by a 199/1 shot!!

In the 5.30 at Kempton Incement Weather looks to have a fair chance, seems to like the course, never out of the first 4 in five runs here incluidng a win in April last year off a slightly higher mark. Would probably have won last time over course and distance had the jockey not took him wide, was a good keeping on second. Trading around the 5.6 mark, win and place bet...........................well backed, traded to 1.3 in running, took 2.14 in the place market, finishing 3rd.

As always an in running lay off bet will be placed.

Good luck today everyone.

Edited by jonjo

125/1 & then 100/1 winners at very windy Newcastle in race 3 & 4 , might be worth looking for a long shot in race 5 , things happen in 3's !

1.50 Newcastle - ROBIN GOODFELLOW 100/1 eway bet365 ( only £1 eway , fun bet )

was backed in to 40's so more idiots than myself watched it go from 3rd to near last in a very short space of time ?

Edited by calva decoy

Unlucky with Kraken power kensland but yours and anyone else's money was recycled into lay bets. (I'd love to see the paper trail.)

His only win was over Abduction who he beat easily when with another yard. Abduction is currently rated 86 and is now in the same yard. Kraken power is rated 52!

On that running I'd rate him in the high 70s. Stewards as weak as kittens noted reasons for running attributed to "looking for cover in the strong winds". The upshot is he's a likely winner next run as anymore shenanigans might just see a ban for the horse and jockey and fine for the trainer.

Edited by sporting sam

On 1/4/2023 at 10:11 AM, sporting sam said:

Happy valley 1.45

Pashichi 

Each way

Racing post says he was a runner up to a good sort in a barrier trial.

I watched his barrier trial and he actually won comfortably. Certainly beat a classy horse (although barrier trials are deceptive.) Flying high was the horse in the trial.

Drawn stall 8 and low in the field.

Hasn't got long to turn things around, but good local jockey booked who scored a hat trick on new years day. Full set of headgear on and although might need the run, priced accordingly.

Stunning run on debut. Caught in a pocket and lost all chance, still able to get out late on and ran into a place. Certainly a performance by a debutante of note against experienced handicappers. Third at 20/1 hong Kong SP