** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

2023 Anytime Goalscorer System

4 from 6 since the last update (Asensio, Immobile and the Dortmund pair) and 15 winners from 53 bets so far for a loss of 66.64 points and an ROI of -12.57%.

Additional 10 points lost on the bet posted in error.

Data sample is now up to 2506 and the ROI of all selections that qualified for this system (357) is 10.8%. Hopefully riding a bit of a recovery now after the start of the system coinciding with the ROI dipping from over 14% to around 9%!

On 2/8/2023 at 7:10 PM, harry_rag said:

10 points on Vinicius (Fulham) at 12/5 with 365

Just done a check and found another bet posted in error (had spreadsheet open but misread the signals)! As with the previous one I'll exclude from the results for the system but acknowledge for the purposes of the thread.

That makes it 15 winners from 52 bets so far for a loss of 56.64 points with an ROI of -10.89%.

Additional 20 points lost on 2 bets posted in error.

Be good if I backed a winner in error at 2/1 or better to clear that deficit then I wouldn't be obliged to mention it for all eternity! :lol

On 1/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, harry_rag said:

7 winners from 35 bets so far for a loss of 141.93 points and an ROI of -40.55%.

Additional 10 points lost on the bet posted in error.

That's how things stood at the end of January. Foden last night for one from two since the last update so it's now 18 winners from 58 bets for a loss of 21.64 points and an ROI of -3.73% (with 20 points lost on the 2 bets posted in error).

So that's 11 winners from 23 bets this month for a profit of 120.29 points (most bets being 10 point stakes).

On 1/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, harry_rag said:

Poor performance from these bets so far. The ROI for them in my overall data sample (now 2391 players) has dropped from 14% to 9.5%. It could be that the figure is getting more realistic as the sample grows or it could be that this is an unusually bad spell and the figure will go up again (possibly a bit of both).

Data sample now up to 2547 and the ROI has recovered to 11.6%. March should be a good month if it's due to make it all the way back up to 14%! :)

Overall the system selections are 41.98 points up (to best bookies price and 1 point level stakes) from 363 bets since I started gathering the data. There have been 11 profitable months and 8 losing ones. January's loss of 11.5 points was by far the worst return (3 points and 2.75 points being the next two biggest losses so far). February's profit of 9.9 points is the 3rd best return, only bettered by totals of 15.8 and 11.95.

I'll have to have a go at calculating it properly but I'd say the sample size is close to being big enough to be confident that the positive return isn't entirely down to luck.

3 losers and 4 winners since the last update (Maeda, Junior, Havertz and Balogun).

That makes it 25 winners from 74 bets so far for a profit of 24.39 points with an ROI of 3.3%.

20 points lost on 2 bets posted in error.

Current "target" ROI based on overall sample is 11.62%