** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

POSTING SELECTIONS ON THE WRONG THREAD

Please note that if a selection is not posted on the relevant day's thread then it will not be included.

This may seem harsh but I think it is fair.

I have had a dozen or so messages informing me that a player has posted a winning selection on the wrong thread. Strangely I have not had any messages informing me of losing selections posted on the wrong thread !

Apologies from me as i've been guilty on more than one occasion , my error was simply clicking on last posted before entering into daily naps and foolishly not noticing it was the following day's selection page , everyone is susceptible to this when posting selections later in the day as tomorrow's page picks up pace.

I've given myself a b......... , so onwards & upwards.

Best of luck today all     :cheers

Yep I appreciate they are genuine mistakes but unfortunately I do not have the time to check other threads. It is enough to sort out the various spelling mistakes !

As with many things in life we have to be careful.

I recently placed a bet for £20 but put an extra 0 on the end so I actually bet £200 (it obviously lost, ouch !)

Edited by MCLARKE
Correction of spelling mistake !

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Please note that if a selection is not posted on the relevant day's thread then it will not be included.

This may seem harsh but I think it is fair.

I have had a dozen or so messages informing me that a player has posted a winning selection on the wrong thread. Strangely I have not had any messages informing me of losing selections posted on the wrong thread !

The reason you dont get any messages of a losing bet is probably because the poster mistakenly put it on the wrong thread but because they didnt realise, assumed it was on the correct thread and would be counted as a loser. does anyone check losing bets? whereas if the bet is a winning one you check to see where you are on the table and wonder why its not there so then check where they did put it. i do get your point about not your job to check everything and one wouldnt expect you to, And now it is clarified no one can argue/complain.

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

The reason you dont get any messages of a losing bet is probably because the poster mistakenly put it on the wrong thread but because they didnt realise, assumed it was on the correct thread and would be counted as a loser. does anyone check losing bets? whereas if the bet is a winning one you check to see where you are on the table and wonder why its not there so then check where they did put it. i do get your point about not your job to check everything and one wouldnt expect you to, And now it is clarified no one can argue/complain.

You could well be right.

Before I began administering the comp I used to have a look each day to see if there had been any big winners. I think I would have noticed if my loser hadn't been included but maybe that's just me.