** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Gooner’s 15/1

JdsGooner90

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Don’t think it would be 1/10 but surely no more than 1/5 - great odds either way :hope 

I agree, clearly nowhere near an even money shot. From a quick look back I make it that it's landed in 8 of the last 10 league meetings but also 8 of the last 12 so it may not be quite as short as a 1/5 shot.

I've always thought that the Old Firm Derby is the best example of a fixture where everyone assumes there is "always loads of cards" meaning that there might be value in 4-6 cards shown at odds against (it's 11/10 tomorrow).

Since Rangers returned to the top flight it would've landed in 13 out of 23 games including all 3 reffed by Beaton* who's in charge tomorrow. (All saw exactly 4 yellow cards.) Over the last 3 seasons he's landed in that middle band in 24 out of 44 SPL games.

* I only thought to check while typing this but, unfortunately, he only showed a single 1st half card in one of those 3 games, with the other 11 cards all coming after the break! :unsure

I'm already on the 1st half bet, I'll probably play the 4-6 middle unless anything better leaps out.

23 minutes ago, aldric said:

Covid and no crowd will have had an impact on the amount of cards during that period.

Interesting point, not sure how much difference it made generally. I’m inclined to suspect it won’t have much bearing on the overall stats. This has always been a fixture where pretty much anything can happen cards wise but where there’s a tendency to over estimate the prospect of high card totals.

1 minute ago, harry_rag said:

Interesting point, not sure how much difference it made generally. I’m inclined to suspect it won’t have much bearing on the overall stats. This has always been a fixture where pretty much anything can happen cards wise but where there’s a tendency to over estimate the prospect of high card totals.

Completely agree most people will think there will be a high card total and the fixture definitely isn't as wild as it used to be.

Odds of even, definitely great value especially if Morelos is playing! (Imo!)