RARE to hail a potential Champion outside of the classics?

I have rarely been impressed as much as I was today by Baaeed,was never a huge fan of Frankel despite his record.This horse seems like 10 or even 12 furlongs is well within his capabilities.All subjective of course but I have seen nothing from this years classic generation that could match him over  the mile or even 10F?

Time will tell of course but unless there is something we have not yet seen,I think we saw something exceptional today!!

I was watching the race on ITV and Jason Weaver said something along the lines of ........ 'there have been approximately half a million throroughbreds born since Frankel and Baaeed is the first one that might equal his acheivements'

Well obviously the fact that he missed the Classics will count against him when they come to place him in the Pantheon but he still has to win five or six group one races this season, including at 10 furlongs, before he's at Frankel's level

Let's see how the season pans out ...... he was mighty impressive today though!

Baaeed does look very good .

Like to see how deep he can go in true soft going .

He'll be 5 at the start of next season & most probably retired , will he remain unbeaten & will Haggas run him multiple times this season , I doubt it , I reckon we'll see him twice more maybe 3 , I also don't think he has the take your breath away wow factor that Frankel had but nonetheless the star miler in the UK possibly worldwide .

When 'Marmite' Matt Chapman spoke to Haggas after the race and asked him will we see Baaeed next season  Haggas said "If he runs a couple of more races like that 'No'"
Which I took to mean he'll be retired to stud after his next 2 races if he runs similar to how he just did.

• 3 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 8:18 PM, Quartu SE said:

I have rarely been impressed as much as I was today by Baaeed,was never a huge fan of Frankel despite his record.This horse seems like 10 or even 12 furlongs is well within his capabilities.All subjective of course but I have seen nothing from this years classic generation that could match him over  the mile or even 10F?

Time will tell of course but unless there is something we have not yet seen,I think we saw something exceptional today!!

The trainer has today ruled out the Irish Champion Stakes and has stated there is a possibility that Baaeed could run in the Arc if the ground was ok.I think since I posted this thread that the horse has proved he is worthy of star status.Should he run in and win the Arc I think the super could be added,thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Quartu SE said:

The trainer has today ruled out the Irish Champion Stakes and has stated there is a possibility that Baaeed could run in the Arc if the ground was ok.I think since I posted this thread that the horse has proved he is worthy of star status.Should he run in and win the Arc I think the super could be added,thoughts?

Certainly a very classy horse but doesn't have the wow factor that Frankel did. Also I prefer a horse that has won a classic.