Welsh Open

Fader

Qualification for the Welsh Open begins tomorrow and spans 6 days to see who will compete in the event, which will take place at the end of the month. 6 matches tomorrow with 2 matches at lunchtime, afternoon and evening. Here's what we have tomorrow then :

1pm - J. Clarke Vs Ajaib
1pm - J. Robertson Vs P. Devlin
----------------------------------------
4pm - D. Lilley Vs Hancorn
4pm - J. O'Connor Vs Stevens
----------------------------------------
7pm
- Joyce Vs Page
7pm - R. Williams Vs Lam

looking for value, there is 2 that I like accross the day and the first is Hancorn to beat Lilley. Only played eachother once and it was at an even shorter format as Hancorn won 2-0 at the WST Pro Series, last year. Hancorn made the L32 at the British Open and Scottish Open this season and whilst he has also had some poor results this season, he looked good in his deciding leg loss over Ali Carter last week. He made one century and 4 50+ breaks in that match and if he brings that form to Wales then I think he beats Lilley. Lilley has had a hard first season after coming through Q-School. He has won a few matches (Mann, Young & Steadman) but he doesn't score well enough. 6 of his 12 matches he hasn't scored one 50+ break and he's only hit one century and only 6 50+ breaks in the entire 12 matches.

The other single bet I like is Jackson Page to beat Mark Joyce. Joyce won their only h2h back in 2019 but his season to date this year has been far from impressive. He actually beat Lisowsi early in the season, at the English Open but then went out 4-0 to Jamie Clarke. He won a couple of matches at the UK Championship against Higginson and Astley but if we look at his last 4 tournaments, he has gone out in R1 in all of them and has lost to the likes of Wakelin, Surety, Jiankang and Lichtenberg. I think Page has every chance here. He has also beaten Lisowski this season early on and whitewashed him. He actually made the L16 of that Northern Ireland Open. In the middle of the season it's only been "so-so" with a couple of wins at the Scottish Open but he has played good players and he comes into this match fresh from qualifiying for the Turkish with a win over Stuart Bingham.

6pts Hancorn to beat Lilley 5/6 betfair
5pts Page to beat Joyce 11/10 betfair
-------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Hancorn / J.Robertson -2.5 frames / Page / O'Connor 12/1 betfair

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.