** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2022 ONWARDS

waggy

This thread will be over 10 years and will bet on any sport etc. I have quite a decent sum to fund this over the ten year period but hopefully it will in time be profitable. £20 a week loss is easily manageable so I've put this as my immediate total if things go very badly.

Edited by waggy

On 1/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, vikki37 said:

Horses doesn't seem very consistent but good luck.

I was surprised at the choice of horses for a new thread given recent results. I know sometimes we're inclined to press on backing something that we think we ought to be able to win at despite the evidence to the contrary (e.g. me and player assists last year) so I hope that's not the case here.

I'm also unsure about the staking approach. I guess in the long run you'll get the return you deserve but in the short run there's a lot of luck involved in terms of how the winners are grouped. I make it you'd be just £25 down if backing singles. Might be worth keeping an eye on the level stakes return in case it ends up profitable while you're losing thanks to the staking plan.

Hi Gooner and harry_rag.  Happy New Year. I'm going to stick with the horses but the doubles is a bit too restrictive so I'll be making a few changes to my rules and may even change the title. All my early success came on the horses (but not on Punters Lounge) so it makes it a challenge to see if I can get back to the good old days. I will also be happy to prove you wrong, lol. Have a great year and lots of success. 

• waggy changed the title to HORSES 2022 ONWARDS