** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2022 ONWARDS

waggy

19 hours ago, waggy said:

Really really need a good win on this bet. 

12 hours ago, waggy said:

Time to give up? Or not!

To be honest I was happier before the edit to that last post, I think stopping or at least taking some proper time out would be a good idea. The staking has been creeping up to worrying levels (£1,700 on 2 golf bets where 1 shot going in the water could seriously screw you over) and no-one should put themselves in the position where they feel they “really really need” a particular bet to win.

As I say, I think you should consider stopping betting or at least taking a break. Failing that, please keep the stakes in sensible bounds. I know what you say when someone raises the issue of problem gambling (in terms of being comfortably able to afford the losses) but it must still make you feel bad when you have a run of losses at larger stakes (as evidenced by the frequent “that’s it” type announcements).

if you’re going to carry on betting then I feel strongly that you should consider what and how you post, bearing in mind that the way you bet would constitute a problem for a lot of people. We all have a degree of responsibility for the manner in which we post It is obviously irresponsible to ramp our bets, e.g. this can’t lose, it’s buying money, put your mortgage on it but I feel it’s in the same vein as that to be quoting massive real money stakes that swing wildly from £80 to £1000 on selections at similar prices. If you hit a few winners and someone with a gambling problem decided to follow your next large bet (or your general approach) I’d like to think that was something you wouldn’t want on your conscience.

There’s also the issue of what, for the want of a better word, I’ll call vulgarity. Whilst this is a website for punters to post their bets and we know there are many people who are anti-gambling, we don’t exist in a vacuum. In the current financial climate it strikes me as distasteful to see someone chronicling their losing bets to ever-increasing stakes. That’s why I’ve always favoured points over pounds when it comes to posting bets, where your stake could be 10p, £1, £10, £100 or whatever per point. I guess that if you knew your neighbours were struggling financially you wouldn’t stand outside their window and set fire to a wad of £50 notes. This thread comes too close to that for comfort.

Ultimately I’m inclined to think that you’re unlikely to stop betting and probably unable to stick to a more disciplined approach to staking. If that’s the case, at least consider whether and how you post on here in terms of being responsible and avoiding offence to others.

Answer to harry_rag 

I found your long moral post quite nauseating. I feel no responsibility about problem gambling as there is lots of help already out there. If anyone bets on my selections that is their choice. 

As for vulgarity I shouldn't think any anti gamblers would be on this site anyway.

If you find it distasteful to read my bets keep off my thread snowflake.

If I cause offence to anyone I give the same advice, don't follow my thread.

As for the setting fire to £50 notes outside my neighbours window of course I wouldn't. I would use £100 notes instead.

In future could you please refrain from filling my thread with your woke utterings.

Edited by waggy