** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Sep 28th & 29th

DarrenTse

Preston North End VS Stoke City
Tuesday,Sep 28 2021 14:45

Preston North End:
Preston not only successfully advanced to the fourth round of the Carling Cup, but also took all the strengths and weaknesses in the league. He could steal a point against West Brom, which is enough to see how tenacious Preston is now

Stoke City:
At present, it has risen to No. 5 in the championship, only 2 points away from the top two. Naturally, we hope to continue to win and sprint upward in this game. However, Stoke City's weakness is also very obvious, that is, it is not good at away games. 80% of the wins this season are won at home, and away games are basically a drag

Comprehensive analysis:
The two teams have performed well recently and have won or lost each other in the historical confrontation. Although the lineup strength of Stoke City is slightly better, it should be difficult to give full play to their real skills on the road. Under comprehensive analysis, there is a great possibility of a fierce battle between the two sides.

Direction: Preston unbeaten
Score reference: 0-0, 1-1

Huddersfield Town VS Blackburn Rovers

Tuesday,Sep 28 2021 14:45

Huddersfield Town
Recently, Huddersfield has been defeated by Nottingham Forest and Swansea successively. While losing in a row, the front line has no harvest, which must have a great impact on the morale of the team. After all, the goal of the team in the new season is to upgrade, but now it has been humiliated by the relegation team one after another

Blackburn Rovers
With the deepening of the schedule, the team has gradually found its state. Recently, it has not only played a wave of unbeaten achievements, but also achieved zero sealing for many times. In the last round of League, it beat Cardiff City with five goals. With the recent League performance, Blackburn has now risen to the top six of the table

Comprehensive analysis:
Although the strength gap between the two teams is not large, they also win or lose each other in terms of historical achievements, but Blackburn is relatively much more stable, and has the trend of fighting braver and braver. With the desire to upgrade this season, it is naturally more worthy of pursuit. Personally, I think Blackburn have a good chance of winning the game.

Direction: Blackburn unbeaten
Score reference: 0-1, 1-1

Cardiff vs West Brom

The misery, sorry, I mean the Championship goes on over the next two days as the midweek fixtures hit. Cardiff take on West Brom in a 7:45pm BST kick-off on Tuesday night from the Cardiff City Stadium. Life has been brutal for the home fans over recent games with unattractive football being played and poor results to match. Can they turn things around against an undefeated visiting team? I doubt it but here we bloody go again.

Cardiff look like a team shot of ideas, confidence, and quality. I said earlier in the season that we were scabbing results we didn't deserve. Now, those results are coming in. The 5-1 loss away to Blackburn was a hammering even I didn't see coming. Thankfully, I was managing my team CSKA Sophia Gardens to a 9-0 win against Avenue Hotspurs Reserves so I was blissfully unaware of the carnage ensuing but upon hearing the result I wasn't overly surprised. Mick McCarthy continues to stick to his guns but surely that result will trigger some kind of changes. It's now 5 losses from the last 6 competitive matches with only 4 goals scored during that period leaving us down in 13th place. It's also just 1 win from 4 home league games so far this season. I'm not sure I can say much else that I haven't already repeatedly said in these Cardiff previews. The system doesn't work with the players we have. If the system doesn't change tonight then we're going to get beaten. If the system does change then we'll still probably get beaten because we haven't got enough quality in the squad. Grim.

West Brom have things a little more positive. The Baggies are top of the table in the second tier of English football with 5 wins and 4 draws from their opening 9 league games. The appointment of former Barnsley head coach Valerien Ismael appears to be a stroke of genius. 16 goals scored during those 9 games has only been bettered by Fulham's 18 goals and shows that the fire power is there. The fact Callum Robinson and Karlan Grant are the club's top league scorers with 3 goals and there have been 7 different scorers this season shows how goals can come from across the pitch. The 2-1 win at home to QPR on the weekend was evidence of the team's mental strength as well after they went 1-0 down early on and needed 2 goals in the last 15 minutes to turn the game around. It certainly feels like Ismael has got this West Brom playing to its potential and they seem like promotion achievers waiting to happen.

I'm not feeling very optimistic about this. West Brom have won 2 and drawn 2 of their 4 away league games and we look so abject in front of our own fans at the moment. There are rumours circulating that McCarthy could be gone if we suffer a drubbing here and I wouldn't put it past us. We aren't going up this season. That's for sure. It feels like the players already know that too. West Brom to seal a win here.

West Brom to Win @ 2.00 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.88 with SBK

Peterborough United VS Bournemouth AFC

Wednesday,Sep 29 2021 14:45

Peterborough United

Peterborough United rose to the England Championship as the second in the England League 1. At the beginning of the new season, they beat Derby County in the first round and made a good start. However, a wave of losses took the team to the bottom. At present, they are rank 21st and they are completely defeated by Coventry in the last game, whose morale is quite low. 

Bournemouth AFC

Bournemouth has been demoted from the Premier League for some time. The performance of the beginning this season is particularly excellent. They have won all the last four games and has a full opportunity to impact back to the Premier League. The team has performed well on the offense, of which Solanke and Billing have good state. 

Prediction

Due to the strength gap between the two sides, considering that although Peterborough United has the advantage of home, the defense is quite weak. On the contrary, Bournemouth has a smooth start and sees the signs of returning to the Premier League. With the support of data, Bournemouth AFC is worth looking forward to win.

Pick: Bournemouth AFC to win

Total: Under 3.5 goals

Luton Town VS Coventry City

Wednesday,Sep 29 2021 14:45

Luton Town

Luton's performance this season is not ideal. They have only achieved 2W-4D-3L in the last 9 games. At present, they rank in the middle and lower reaches of the league table with 10 points. The team's recent League visit to Bournemouth finally lost 1-2. They have failed to win in the League for 6 consecutive rounds, and the state is relatively depressed.

Coventry City

Coventry's performance this season is relatively better. After nine rounds of league matches, the team achieved 6W-1D-2L. At present, they rank 3rd in the League list with 19 points. So far, they have won all five home games, but their away performance is weak. In their recent away game, they faced Millwall and finally drew 1-1. They have failed to win in two consecutive games.

Prediction

There were 6 h2h games between these two sides and Luton achieved 2W-3D-1L, which was slightly psychological advantage. However, combined with Coventry's recent more stable state, the two teams are expected to make a draw..

Pick: Draw

Final Result: 1-1

47 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Nothing is a stand out midweek on my stats, best bet option is Derby 5/4.

For @StevieDay1983 I have it as a close call for the Cardiff game, if forced to bet I would bet on the draw.

I would certainly take a draw! It would stop this losing rot. I can't see it though.

Huddersfield vs Blackburn Rovers

2021-09-28T20:45+02:00

Huddersfield

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Ryan Schofield (2/0 g), Jordan Rhodes (2/0 f), Pipa Ávila (0/0 d), Aaron Rowe (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Blackburn Rovers

Doubtful: Darragh Lenihan (9/1 d), Bradley Johnson (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Jake Garrett (0/0 d), Jan Paul van Hecke (0/0 d), Joe Rankin-Costello (0/0 m), Scott Wharton (0/0 d), Bradley Dack (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Huddersfield
4 home games
Blackburn Rovers
4 away games
1.5 Goals scored per game 1.0
1.8 Goals conceded per game 0.8
50% Clean sheets 25%
75% Team scored 75%
25% Team scored twice 25%
25% Scored in both halves 0%
75% Goal in both halves 0%

21 hours ago, Bang on said:

Nothing is a stand out midweek on my stats, best bet option is Derby 5/4.

For @StevieDay1983 I have it as a close call for the Cardiff game, if forced to bet I would bet on the draw.

Why Derby? Seems like Reading have improved and Derby's only recent win was against Stoke when they probably should have lost. I was tempted to back Reading!

Edited by yossa6133

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Why Derby? Seems like Reading have improved and Derby's only recent win was against Stoke when they probably should have lost. I was tempted to back Reading!

Derby are only at the bottom because of a points deduction.

They are at HOME, and have not lost at home ( 1-3-0 ). Reading when playing away are ( 1-0-3 ) scoring 5 and conceding 10 on their travels. It is all about what you look for, different opinions, I try to have the percentages in my favour. Personally, I WON'T be having a bet on the game.