** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Sep 10th - 12th

Bournemouth vs Barnsley

2021-09-11T16:00+02:00

Bournemouth

Doubtful: Adam Smith (1/0 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Junior Stanislas (2/0 m), Lewis Cook (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Barnsley

Doubtful: Obbi Oulare (0/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Jordan Williams (1/0 d), Carlton Morris (2/0 f), Aaron Leya Iseka (0/0 f), Mads Andersen (0/0 d)

Suspended: Liam Kitching (5/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Fulham look bankers again against Blackpool. They've arguably had a fairly favourable opening fixture list, but have looked far and away the best team in the division and should have too much for Blackpool who looks set for a relegation battle already. Odds on, but 1.61 with SBK actually looks a stonking price to me.

Hull have looked pretty dire as well, can't believe Bournemouth failed to beat them :wall . I think Swansea have been a bit better than their 4 points suggests (had an off day against Preston) and can hopefully get another 3 points on the board here. 2.22 with SBK.

Might as well do the double as well, which is around 5/2.

Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff

It's the big game for us this weekend, @yossa6133, with Nottingham Forest playing Cardiff in a 2:30pm BST kick-off on Sunday lunch-time at the City Ground. I made a bit of a balls up by going on a Forest fans podcast and thinking we were at home ?. This was due to my mate putting plans in place for the return leg when he's coming down from Nottingham and it was all a bit of a palaver. Anyway, I'll actually get my basic facts correct for this preview! :lol

Nottingham Forest have had a tough start to the Championship season with Chris Hughton's men sitting rock bottom of the second tier of English football after 5 league games with just 1 point picked up during that period. The fans are getting unsettled and a sector of the Tricky Trees fan base are already calling for the former Brighton and Newcastle man to be replaced. In fact, an opening post for the match thread on the Forest fans forum makes a joke of the team having a staggering 4 shots on goal in the 1-1 draw with rivals Derby. The supporters want a more expansive style of play and for Hughton to display some braver tactics with all four of the team's defeats in the league this season being by a single goal. @yossa6133 will be able to give us a more educated opinion of Forest though.

Cardiff might be in 10th place and only lost 1 of their 5 league games so far but bloody hell we've been awful. The 2-0 win away to Blackpool was probably the only game where we've looked like a potential play-off contending team. In all of our other games, even the 3-1 win over Millwall at home, we've looked disjointed, lacking cohesion, and short on ideas. There's no balance to our team and the system doesn't suit the players we have. The fans are also confused as to why we've let Ryan Wintle and Josh Murphy out on loan when we're threadbare for quality midfield players as it is. The only encouraging news I've heard is that apparently Forest are sketchy at defending set pieces and that seems to be the main way we score goals under Mick McCarthy.

This is a big game for both of these sides but for different reasons. Nottingham Forest need the win to close the 3 point gap that's opened up between themselves and 23rd placed Peterborough. If they lose you have to think that Hughton is walking on thin ice. Cardiff need a win after their Severnside Derby defeat at home to Bristol City before the international break. The Bluebirds have won their last 6 visits to the City Ground in the league and I'm quietly optimistic we can add more misery onto Forest fans here but it's going to be another very dour game.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 1.87 with Mansion Bet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with Boylesports

Hard to see us getting anything the way we've been playing, Derby were there for the taking but we never looked like beating them. Cardiff have had our number in the last few years even when we were in fair form. I'm not getting involved but if I had to it would be on Cardiff at nearly 2/1.