** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Friday 5th March

Lets see if Lady Luck smiling my way today then. That is not a smile its a sneer.

1.50 Newbury Eyes Right 100/30 Lost

2.40 Fairyhouse Burnt Ash 17/2 Lost

3.35 Newbury Howling Milan 100/30

4.10 Newbury Song Of The Hunter 5/2

5.05 Doncaster Passing Shadow 15/2

Good luck all CNBB.

Edited by cannotbebeat

1.15 Nb Sirocco Jo Top rated. Has to bounce back.  Not for my money

2.25 Nb Cascova.  Another  that needs to bounce back, so I''l pass

3.35 Nb Howling Milan.  A very competitive race so I have tried to get £2.50 at 5.5, was 5.1 and now smashed into 3.75.  There are at least 4 live contenders so I'll let it go if not matched

4.40 Nb Maid Of Milan £1 win at 9/1.  Five live contenders in this race so I won't back the favourite on its own and dutching two horses could prove reckless

2.50 Don Timberman would have to be the selection but taking 5/4 about a horse that is taking on a Skelton horse at even money is not my idea of value so I'll pass

4.00 Don Fantastic Lady £8 win at 2.30 = Poss profit of £10.19. Clear top rated on RPR and Timeform.  Should be the best bet of the day

Total stakes poss £1150 but don't think Howling Milan's price will get matched.

May look at some more later

Good luck to all today

All prices Bet365:

12.30 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Ascraeus @ 28/1

1.15 Newbury - 1pt e/w Old Friend @ 16/1

2.35 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Prismatic @ 8/1

2.50 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Galurin @ 66/1

3.00 Newbury - 1pt win William H Bonney @ 13/2

3.35 Newbury - 1pt e/w Outonpatrol @ 9/1

3.45 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Theocrat @ 20/1

4.10 Newbury - 1pt e/w Santon @ 10/1

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

1.15 Nb Sirocco Jo Top rated. Has to bounce back.  Not for my money

2.25 Nb Cascova.  Another  that needs to bounce back, so I''l pass

3.35 Nb Howling Milan.  A very competitive race so I have tried to get £2.50 at 5.5, was 5.1 and now smashed into 3.75.  There are at least 4 live contenders so I'll let it go if not matched

4.40 Nb Maid Of Milan £1 win at 9/1.  Five live contenders in this race so I won't back the favourite on its own and dutching two horses could prove reckless

2.50 Don Timberman would have to be the selection but taking 5/4 about a horse that is taking on a Skelton horse at even money is not my idea of value so I'll pass

4.00 Don Fantastic Lady £8 win at 2.30 = Poss profit of £10.19. Clear top rated on RPR and Timeform.  Should be the best bet of the day

Total stakes poss £1150 but don't think Howling Milan's price will get matched.

May look at some more later

Good luck to all today

RESULTS UPDATE

Well Fantastic Lady won but it didn't look like it wanted to.  I was almost tempted to say that Paul Nicholls is better prepared for Cheltenham than the Henderson team after seeing two previous pulled up horses winning their races.  Then I saw that Nicky Henderson won with Mind Sunday at 14/1 in the last race at Newbury by 9.5 lengths.  Haha, these top yards trick us all the time.  Funny enough Maid of Milan was backed into 7/2 so my 9/1 looked like great value.  didn't do it any good though as it finished 6th beaten over 20 lengths!  My overall profit on the day was £9.19 and my new balance is £611.92 (Bank £500)

Some interesting graded racing at Doncaster tomorrow but only two races at Newbury, one with a 1/4 shot and another with an 11/10 favourite so not much to look at there

15 hours ago, ipswich45 said:

photo finish and survived a stewards enquiry 

a enquiry that Mr Chapman thought the result should have been overturned  

Swings and roundabouts, sometimes the luck is with us, we are quick to state when we are unlucky but don't mention when we are lucky as often.