** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 2nd March

Up late today so I have only looked at Catterick graded races so far.

12.30 Catt Omar Maretti looks a better bet than the Skelton horse who got beat by a 66/1 shot last time.  However, evens or odds on isn't my idea of value

1.00 Catt I have taken £3 to win on Evander at 5.1 = £12.05 profit if it wins.  Fascinating contest where there are imo 3 live contenders.  I am hoping that my selection will go into an unassailable lead and won't be caught.  The front two in the market (including the Skelton horse) are obvious dangers but I am adopting the @richard-westwooduseful rule of thumb at taking odds in excess of 2/1 where there are 3 main contenders 

1.30 Catt.  Don't know who will be putting their money on Chuvello relying on a wind op to transform the horse into a winner, but it won't be me.  I'm trying to get £1 on Designer Destiny at 16/1.  Currently 14/1.  Don't want to put £2 on it at better odds on the Betfair Exchange, not worth it. Been with Tim Vaughn since the 9/2/21 but was disappointing previously when sent off favourite a couple of times

Possibly back later

39 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Up late today so I have only looked at Catterick graded races so far.

12.30 Catt Omar Maretti looks a better bet than the Skelton horse who got beat by a 66/1 shot last time.  However, evens or odds on isn't my idea of value

1.00 Catt I have taken £3 to win on Evander at 5.1 = £12.05 profit if it wins.  Fascinating contest where there are imo 3 live contenders.  I am hoping that my selection will go into an unassailable lead and won't be caught.  The front two in the market (including the Skelton horse) are obvious dangers but I am adopting the @richard-westwooduseful rule of thumb at taking odds in excess of 2/1 where there are 3 main contenders 

1.30 Catt.  Don't know who will be putting their money on Chuvello relying on a wind op to transform the horse into a winner, but it won't be me.  I'm trying to get £1 on Designer Destiny at 16/1.  Currently 14/1.  Don't want to put £2 on it at better odds on the Betfair Exchange, not worth it. Been with Tim Vaughn since the 9/2/21 but was disappointing previously when sent off favourite a couple of times

Possibly back later

2.30 Catt £2 win on First Man at 8.46 = £14.61 profit if it wins.  Top Timeform rating and looks to have a good chance back over hurdles

4.10 Leic Bold Gesture 50p win at 50/1 (should be 25p stake but let's be reckless).  Tipped up by the Mirror and the Telegraph

£5.50 staked so far

All prices Bet365:

12.30 Catterick - 1pt e/w El Jefe @ 14/1

1.00 Catterick - 1pt e/w Flow Away @ 9/1

1.30 Catterick - 1pt e/w Arctic Fox @ 8/1

2.00 Catterick - 1pt win Another Emotion @ 6/1

2.10 Leicester - 1pt win Do It For Thy Sen @ 7/1

2.40 Leicester - 1pt e/w Kapdad @ 8/1

3.40 Leicester - 1pt e/w Boro Babe @ 13/2

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

2.30 Catt £2 win on First Man at 8.46 = £14.61 profit if it wins.  Top Timeform rating and looks to have a good chance back over hurdles

4.10 Leic Bold Gesture 50p win at 50/1 (should be 25p stake but let's be reckless).  Tipped up by the Mirror and the Telegraph

£5.50 staked so far

RESULTS UPDATE

It was marvelous to watch how First Man rallied to win when it look beat.  Evander got well beat, I think that it was mainly down to poor jumping.  Anyway the day ended on a profit of £11.11 so my new balance is £575.43 (£500 Bank).  I almost screwed up because I noticed that Keyhailaan in the 5.00 at Newcastle was way ahead in the both ratings and was tempted to put £8 on it at 2.25, luckily I didn't as it got beat by a previous un-raced horse ridden by Jamie Spencer.

Four UK meetings tomorrow.  Some possible value bets at Wincanton in the graded races.  Nothing doing at Musselburgh where all the graded races have odds on favourites.  Some odds against horses in very low grade races at Lingfield and Kemtpon