** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 1st March

Very disappointing day pricewise.  1.20 Ayr Gold Cup Bailley odds on.  Taken a £1 win bet on Ahoy Senor at 18/1

2.05 Plum Dorking Lad 4/6 (No thanks)

3.15 Plum Midnight Aurora .  Trying to get £4 matched at 4.2 Currently 4.0.  This is a handicap and I'm relying on the Skelton team to come up with the goods. One For Dunstan has to cope with a 7lbs rise.  Cheers to @cannotbebeat if it does so

4.20 Wolv Ruby Gates £2 win at 10.5 = £18.62 profit if it wins.  Top Timeform and RPR rated so looks worth a shot for a small stake

Total stakes = £7 so far

May look at some Wolves handicaps later if I get the chance

Good luck to all today, the bookies aren't taking any chances with prices in the graded races today

All prices Bet365:

12.30 Plumpton - 2pts win She's Gina @ 4/1 

1.00 Plumpton - 1pt e/w Uallrightharry @ 8/1

1.20 Ayr - 1pt e/w East Harlem @ 25/1

1.55 Ayr - 2pts win Gipsy Lee Rose @ 7/2

2.05 Plumpton - 1pt e/w Ray's The One @ 16/1

2.30 Ayr - 1pt e/w Silk or Scarlet @ 10/1

3.15 Plumpton - 1pt e/w Get An Oscar @ 8/1

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Very disappointing day pricewise.  1.20 Ayr Gold Cup Bailley odds on.  Taken a £1 win bet on Ahoy Senor at 18/1

2.05 Plum Dorking Lad 4/6 (No thanks)

3.15 Plum Midnight Aurora .  Trying to get £4 matched at 4.2 Currently 4.0.  This is a handicap and I'm relying on the Skelton team to come up with the goods. One For Dunstan has to cope with a 7lbs rise.  Cheers to @cannotbebeat if it does so

4.20 Wolv Ruby Gates £2 win at 10.5 = £18.62 profit if it wins.  Top Timeform and RPR rated so looks worth a shot for a small stake

Total stakes = £7 so far

May look at some Wolves handicaps later if I get the chance

Good luck to all today, the bookies aren't taking any chances with prices in the graded races today

Haha, Ahoy Senor wins for me at SP 16/1.  The buggers still deducted 10p in the pound from me because of a withdrawn horse. Don't think I am anywhere near up to the standard of the forum's excellent outsider tipsters but it was lovely to see a decent return for once.  The horse had a good write up in the RP and was selected by 4 newspaper tipsters for anyone remotely interested in why I selected it.

Midnight Aurora has been matched so I hope it runs well.  No more bets today, I will quit while I am ahead.  ?  

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Haha, Ahoy Senor wins for me at SP 16/1.  The buggers still deducted 10p in the pound from me because of a withdrawn horse. Don't think I am anywhere near up to the standard of the forum's excellent outsider tipsters but it was lovely to see a decent return for once.  The horse had a good write up in the RP and was selected by 4 newspaper tipsters for anyone remotely interested in why I selected it.

Midnight Aurora has been matched so I hope it runs well.  No more bets today, I will quit while I am ahead.  ?  

RESULTS UPDATE

Three bets and two winners today.  I was very fortunate to put up Ahoy Senor that won for me at 18/1 in a graded race.  Midnight Aurora was no fluke for the Skeltons.  All this made a net profit of £26.74.  My new balance is £564.32 (Bank £500).

Three UK meetings tomorrow.  Short priced favourites abound once more in the graded races so I may be forced to look at some handicaps again.