Racing Chat - Monday 8th February

The bookies are taking very little chances in the graded races today, many selections are odds on.

I have managed to get £6 on at 2.90 = poss £11.17 profit on Quest For Life in the 12.55 at Newc.  There is a price rally on Cathals Star at present.  This horse has to bounce back from a poor run on heavy ground last time and doesn't look to be as consistent as Quest For life.  The race looks to be between the front two in the betting so I am happy to go along with my selection at the price.

2.35 Nc 3 main contenders, nothing looks strong so I'll pass

3.35 Nc I prefer Who's My Jockey to once again beat Onward Route despite a 6lbs penalty for a 2.5 length win over it.  As I once read, you can give away weight but it is much harder to give away distance.  Anyway, I don't need to take unnecessary risks so I'll give it a miss

4.10 Nc At least 4 live contenders with the front two 9/4 and 5/2.  I'll let someone else figure that one out

5.00 Wolv Open Mystery is 10/11 strong favourite.  I quite like Mopps Gem but drifting to 3/1.  Don't feel that Open Mystery is worthy of 10/11 so I'll pass

7.00 Wolv Yankee Stadium is at least odds against now which is tempting. However there seems to be a lot of unknowns in the race so I'll leave that one alone as well

I hope that I have chosen the best selection out of all the above contenders.

Good luck to all punting today