** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Sunday 24th January

Only one graded race today.  3.40 at Lingfield Have gone for a multi horse bet

£5.70 win on Touchwood at 3.10 (u/m at 2.92 atm); £2.60 win on Breath Of Sun at 6.8 (matched) and £2.20 win on Mummy bear at 8.2.  As things stand if either of the second two win I should profit by between £12.60 and £12.98.  should Touchwood get matched the profit should any of them win will be around £7.00 for a £10.50 outlay

This of course assumes that The Hulk doesn't win.

On the naps I'm trailing in the comp and will consider a handicap selection to try and catch up. 

Back later

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Only one graded race today.  3.40 at Lingfield Have gone for a multi horse bet

£5.70 win on Touchwood at 3.10 (u/m at 2.92 atm); £2.60 win on Breath Of Sun at 6.8 (matched) and £2.20 win on Mummy bear at 8.2.  As things stand if either of the second two win I should profit by between £12.60 and £12.98.  should Touchwood get matched the profit should any of them win will be around £7.00 for a £10.50 outlay

This of course assumes that The Hulk doesn't win.

On the naps I'm trailing in the comp and will consider a handicap selection to try and catch up. 

Back later

2.40 Lin Trixie Waterbury £3.25 at 5.6 = £11.96 profit if win & £2.75 win on Born To finish at 6.6 = £11.91 profit if win.  A lot of money going on Mayson Mount who is about 7lbs better off with Trixie Waterbury for a 2.5l beating.  But as Patrick Kilgallon once said " a horse can give away weight but it's much harder to give away distance"

Touchwood still not matched at 3.10 in the 3.40 but I'll leave all as they are with the other two and not accept a lower price

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

2.40 Lin Trixie Waterbury £3.25 at 5.6 = £11.96 profit if win & £2.75 win on Born To finish at 6.6 = £11.91 profit if win.  A lot of money going on Mayson Mount who is about 7lbs better off with Trixie Waterbury for a 2.5l beating.  But as Patrick Kilgallon once said " a horse can give away weight but it's much harder to give away distance"

Touchwood still not matched at 3.10 in the 3.40 but I'll leave all as they are with the other two and not accept a lower price

Touchwood got matched; I don't know how as it is now trading at 2.66.  Three against the field for a profit of around £7.00.  Let's hope that The Hulk doesn't spoil my fun

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

There is value in the BET365 feature races at Lingfield today.

12.40 MUSIC MAJOR 11/1

2.40 BORN TO FINISH 11/2

Music Major ended up at 15/2 and Born To Finish at 3/1 so they did turn out to be value bets.

Born to Finish won so that means that in addition to my winnings I have a free bet in the 3.40 at Chelmsford tomorrow.

This begs the question, what is the most profitable way to utilise this free bet ?

1 minute ago, MCLARKE said:

Music Major ended up at 15/2 and Born To Finish at 3/1 so they did turn out to be value bets.

Born to Finish won so that means that in addition to my winnings I have a free bet in the 3.40 at Chelmsford tomorrow.

This begs the question, what is the most profitable way to utilise this free bet ?

Put it on at 10-1 shot that you can lay at 10-1 or close to on exchange for the same.money back.

20 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Perhaps the "Eyes" have it?  Get the best win price for this horse and then lay it on the Betfair Exchange to make a small profit should it ideally get matched before the race so as to get something out of it.  This is an 11 runner class 6 handicap in which it seems difficult to find a winner.  At least Eyes won last time out.  However, it doesn't look like a world beater does it?

You are right, you can usually get most of the free bet back by backing with the bookmaker and laying.with Betfair. A bit boring though !

I'll leave it to the morning and see what the best prices are, currently BET365 are not offering the best value.

Because it is a feature race I need the odds to be 4/1 or above so that if it does win the free bet will roll over to the next race. This might exclude Eyes.  

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Touchwood got matched; I don't know how as it is now trading at 2.66.  Three against the field for a profit of around £7.00.  Let's hope that The Hulk doesn't spoil my fun

A good day today with two winners.  Many thanks to @MCLARKEfor highlighting Born To Finish, I looked at the race and decided to take part.  I thought that Trixie Waterbury would win but I dutched it with Born To Finish and won £11.91.  My other bet won for £7.04 giving me a £18.95 profit on the day.  My balance c/fwd is now £537.44 (Bank £500)

Three meetings tomorrow. hopefully Plumpton survives the inspection