** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Lockdown!!

I'm hearing strong rumours that horse racing will be locked down again for three weeks within the next couple of days. I hope that that they're all false but do believe the BHA are meeting with the Government tomorrow.

I don't think it helps that we are bracketed together with football as an elite sport and there seems to be an awful lot of flouting of the law by some of the players. Watching Chorley celebrate in their changing room all singing after the game yesterday didn't look good on the same news bulletin as yet more people are dying and new cases reported. Likewise scenes at the Marine game today outside the ground.

Unfortunately we as an elite sport may well be tarnished by the antics of others. A shame really. Lets hope the rumours are unfounded.

Typical footballers thinking they can do what they want. The scenes in the fa cup didn’t help. Ok you can’t always blunt your emotions , but the large crowds in the streets for the Marine v Spurs game was ridiculous. Horse racing is pretty bullet proof and shouldn’t be locked down, but it probably will. 

Edited by Villa Chris

Watching Chorley celebrate in their changing room all singing after the game yesterday didn't look good on the same news bulletin as yet more people are dying and new cases reported. Likewise scenes at the Marine game today outside the ground.

Nothing wrong with Chorley celebrating as they gave been tested and are free of "covid" but of course they might have another virus or illness between them which could kill but hey ho no "covid" .That is what matters apparently.

Also I would not believe the propaganda that is in the media , figures can be distorted and they are. Only my opinion of course but at least it is honest.?

12 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

I'm hearing strong rumours that horse racing will be locked down again for three weeks within the next couple of days. I hope that that they're all false but do believe the BHA are meeting with the Government tomorrow.

I don't think it helps that we are bracketed together with football as an elite sport and there seems to be an awful lot of flouting of the law by some of the players. Watching Chorley celebrate in their changing room all singing after the game yesterday didn't look good on the same news bulletin as yet more people are dying and new cases reported. Likewise scenes at the Marine game today outside the ground.

Unfortunately we as an elite sport may well be tarnished by the antics of others. A shame really. Lets hope the rumours are unfounded.

Sounds like there it was just a rumour ! Nick Luck reporting so on twitter. Fingers crossed that's right

4 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

I’d say yes, but things need to improve a bit for it to go ahead. Then you have to take into account the Irish travelling over with their horses.

Cheltenham without  the Irish runner shouldn't happen imho simply wouldn't be the same. Cheltenham without crowds isn't ideal  either but likely.

Hopefully all will  be good  but i'm not convinced. 

Would have thought that either Sporting Life , Racing Post & or At The Races would have had wind of this but diddly .

If football was locked down with teams like Aston Villa , Derby or anyone with Kyle Walker in the squad flouting rules I can see but think racing is a far better sporting example !

Edited by calva decoy

2 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

Cheltenham without  the Irish runner shouldn't happen imho simply wouldn't be the same. Cheltenham without crowds isn't ideal  either but likely.

Hopefully all will  be good  but i'm not convinced. 

No Irish no Cheltenham. Not having crowds there you can live with , although  it will be strange without that roar first race.