** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship League Snooker 2021

Fader

Another non-ranking Championship League event kicks off in alittle over 2 hours. This tends to be a relatively good chance of making abit of money as you need to beat alot of players to make it through, and therefor odds tend to be big. However, players can lose one group match and still win groups. It's a nice event.

I took Yuelong to win this event last time out at 150/1 and he didn't win it but purely based on how well he has been playing he is now as short at 25/1. Reigning champion Kyren Wilson is a 12/1 shot. Trump is the short priced favourite, whilst Ronnie a short as you like 5/1. This really is a hard tournament for favourites to win. On any given day you can go out of a group and I've picked out 125/1 Brecel, 66/1 Donaldson etc. Only Kyren Wilson last time out, you would say is a warm winner in terms of prices.

1pt E/W J. Higgins to win Championship League 12/1 betvictor
1pt E/W G. Dott to win Championship League 25/1 betfair
1pt E/W Z. Yuelong to win Championship League 33/1 betvictor
1pt E/W S. Donaldson to win Championship League 50/1 betfred
--------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W M. Holt to win Championship League 125/1 888sport
0.5pts E/W K. Maflin to win Championship League 125/1 betvictor

Group 1 today. Here is the line-up :

Higgins
Bingham
Holt
Un-Nooh
G.Wilson
Yuelong
Dott

I've taken Holt on the outright market for the main event so that if he turns up for this, I don't feel gutted on the huge price on him. In reality, he hasn't performed on this stage. I'm happy to put a line through Wilson, Holt, Bingham and Un-Nooh for Group A winner. Bingham, I thought about but I can just never trust him when I'm on his side and from what I've seen in the past, he doesn't like playing Higgins.

That leaves me Higgins, Yuelong and Dott. (Hence the outright picks above)

There isn't much value in me taking Higgins here as he is the 5/2 favourite but I like the price on Yuelong and Dott. Both have performed in this event and it actually suprises me that Dott is 5/1 whilst Yuelong is 7/1.

2pts Z. Yuelong to win Group 1 7/1 bet365
1pt G. Dott to win Group 1 5/1 bet365

Just looking through the match market today and I will take Yuelong to beat Gary Wilson Mainly about form on this one. Yuelong does well in this event and has been playing some real good stuff for a while. If Wilson turns up, we all know he is a scoring machine but I feel like for the odds of around evens, Yuelong is worthy.

2.75pts Z. Yuelong to beat G. Wilson 10/11 willhill
0.5pts accy - Higgins to beat Bingham / Holt to beat Un-Nooh / Yuelong to beat G. Wilson & Un-Nooh to beat Bingham 12.5/1 paddypower (money back if one loses)

Tomorrow's Group 2 line-up :

K. Wilson 
M. Selt
S. Donaldson
G. Wilson
G. Dott
S. Bingham
J. Higgins

Despite the fact that he could make the semi-finals, I'm once again putting a line through Bingham. Gary Wilson and Matt Selt are also easily layable. That leaves Kyren Wilson, Donaldson, Dott and Higgins. Ofcourse, Kyren won this event before and is the reigning champion. You'd have to say that with his form, he's a favourite tomorrow. Price wise though, both Higgins and Kyren are just 4/1 and that's far too short for me.

That leaves Dott and Donaldson. This event is such a nice betting angle because you can come 4th in the group and come through to win the day.  Both Dott and Donaldson are outright picks for me so I'm not too keen to get involved but I will take a small punt on Donaldson tomorrow. He's won this event before (backed at 66/1) and I don't think it's completely against the realm of possibility to think he can make the top 4. 

1.75pts S. Donaldson to win Group 2 8/1 bet365

Donaldson makes the final. Goes 1-0 up on Dott but loses 3-1. Still, Dott is another on the outright picks for the event so that's not all bad. Both Yuelong and Dott progress to the next round and both Higgins and Donaldson will have another chance today in Group 3 :

J. Higgins
S. Donaldson
M. Selt
M. Selby

Z. Xintong
K. Wilson
T. Ford

Selby is the first name to leap off the page. Mark is in the form of his life at the moment but at just 2/1 and Higgins/K.Wilson at 3/1 provide no value for me. I feel like I can put a line through Selt and Xintong and so that leaves me with Donaldson and Tom Ford.

Ford is around 9/1 and Donaldson, despite making the final, is now 10/1. I'll take both. Ford can score big when on form. This is a hard group to win with Higgins, Kyren Wilson and Selby all likely to make the semi-finals.

1pt S.Donaldson to win Group 3 10/1 bet365
1pt T. Ford to win Group 3 17/2 bet365

CL Snooker +8pts

• 5 weeks later...

This has resumed this week. Yesterday/today has seen a very high level group of Selby, Kyren Wilson, Hawkins, Ford, Trump, Lisowski and Mark Williams. I don't remember a harder group to win. Nothing took my fancy at the odds available. Tomorrow we'll see Ronnie, Ali Carter and Joe Perry joining. 

rump will be heavy favourite.

Trump and Kyren Wilson add to the final group. We now have a final group consisting of :

Yuelong
Higgins
Dott
Trump
K.Wilson

We still have 2 more players to make that list complete. Tomorrow, will 3 of todays group players (Williams, Perry, Carter)  against 4 newbies (Gilbert, Wenbo, McGill & Li Hang) and it looks slightly more open then the past couple of days. Ali Carter had a good couple of days around these parts and I think himself and Dave Gilbert are worth a punt. Gilbert looked a much better player at the Shootout. Perhaps it's the new shaven head, he looks like he hasn't got so much pressure on his shoulders.

1pt D.Gilbert to win group 5/1 betfred
1pt A.Carter to win group 6/1 befred

• 1 month later...

This continues tomorrow.

The final group, which is played Tuesday/Wednesday, with the finals being played Thursday/Friday. Current finals group :

Yuelong
Dott
Higgins
Trump
K.Wilson
Carter
- FINAL NAME -

Tomorrow's group  :
Maflin
Bingtao
Robertson
Perry
Williams
Gilbert
McGill

barring any withdrawals. I'm not sure if Robertson will bother with this, for example. Maflin, too, hasn't played for a long, long time.

I haven't seen any markets up yet for the group winner and that's most likely because we will indeed see some change. However, after Mark Williams just won a similar event, in the WST Pro Series, I am surpised that you can get him at 33/1 to win the event. This isn't an amazing group and it's one that he will be favourite to win if Robertson pulls out. If he does indeed win it then that 33/1 will go to single figures

1pt e/w M.Williams to win Championship League 33/1 betfair

Well, he's done the first part. Mark Williams wins the group to make tomorrow's final. His 33/1 is now just 7/1. Tomorrow's line-up then :

Yuelong
Dott
Higgins
Trump
K.Wilson
Carter
Williams

Anybody following this thread will have 4 of the 7 players covered with the following bets :

Higgins 12/1 e/w
Dott 25/1 e/w
Yuelong 33/1 e/w
Williams 33/1 e/w

• 3 months later...

Brand new season of Championship League. It starts today with the following 2 groups :

Group 7
Walden
Bond
Taylor
Brown

Group 8
Williams
Jak Jones
P.Lines
Miah

not a whole lot of time for these and not much we know about form with a brand new season so I'll go with these two. 

2pts Jak Jones to win Group 8 9/2 bet365
1pt Oliver Brown to win Group 7 18/1 bet365

Jak Jones really should have won the group, 1-0 up on Williams, needed to win that match and should have went 2-0 up but hey ho. Early days. 2 more groups today :

Group 23
Ursenbacher

Fernandez
Hill
Donaldson

Group 19
Carter
Dale
S.Wilson
Georgiou

I'll give Georgiou a go at a big price. Carter is too short for my liking. I think the Ursenbacher/Donaldson match-up will be interesting. The winner of that group has every chance of going deep. 

2pts Georgiou to win Group 19 6/1 bet365
-----------------
1pt E/W S.Donaldson to win Championship League 66/1 bet365
1pt E/W A.Ursenbacher to win Championship League 100/1 bet365

2 more groups gets played today. Barry Hawkins is the big favourite in one and I'm going to take him on :

Hawkins
Woollaston
Johal
Surety

Ben Woollaston is 5/2 to win this group and aslong as he can beat the 2 "lesser seeds" then I think Hawkins will slip up somewhere. 

2pts B.Woollaston to win Group 28 5/2 betvictor

Another final fall as Woollaston just needed to beat Hawkins, led 1-0 but drew 2-2. 2 more groups today but nothing appeals atall on the group winners. I bet on the outright for Ursenbacher at huge odds and he is through to the next round. I'm going to take Ford to win the event and that's purely knowing he should get through easy today and 40/1 is a big price.

1pt e/w T.Ford to win Championship League 40/1 bet365

today's groups :

Group 12
McGill
Billy Castle
Davis
Sijun

Group 31
Junxu
Bingyu
Young
Brecel

Anthony McGill and Luca Brecel are both odds on favourites for their respective groups. I think their is some value elsewhere, though. In Group 12. Dark Mavis and Sijun are both pretty much 4/1 shots. I can see one of those 2 really pushing McGill. Davis plays Sijun first up and the winner of that (if there is a winner) would be my favourite to top the group. I'll side with Mavis.

In Group 31, there is some real talent, with previous winner (tipped up at something like 100/1 by me in the past ? ) Luca Brecel the favourite. I really like both Bingyu and Junxu though and once again, I feel like the value is with the victor of their meeting. Junxu is a general 3/1, whilst Bingyu is 4/1. I'll side with Junxu.

2pts Dark Mavis (M.Davis) to win Group 12 7/2 bet365
2pts P. Junxu to win Group 31 3/1 willhill
1pt Mavis / Junxu double group win 16/1 bet365

• 2 weeks later...

There's more Championship League snooker this lunchtime. Here's the two groups that are playing today :

Group 24
Maguire
Akani
Astley
Hugilll

Group 4
Perry
J.White
Maddocks
J.Robertson

I think Akani is worth backing today. Maguire is a worthy favourite but 3/1 is good enough for me, on Akani. I thought about Astley and even Hugill at big prices, but Ill side with Sunny. In the other group, Perry is also worth taking on. I do wonder if Jimmy White can roll back the years and get through at double digit odds,

3pts S.Akani to win Group 24 3/1 willhill
2pts J.White to win Group 4 10/1
 willhill

Akani came second without losing a match to Hugill (knew i should have bet) today's groups :

Group 15
M.Stevens
M.King
R.Muir
A.Pagett

Group 17
Murphy
Jamie Jones
C.Zifan
M.Collumb

I think King has a shot in the first group. I can see a straight shootout between him and Stevens, there. Odds don't appeal. I do like Group 17 though. I am going to ignore Murphy in that group and take Jamie Jones, with a side saver on Zifan, who is also a decent little player.

2.5pts Jamie Jones to win Group 17 2/1 bet365
1pt Zifan to win Group 17 14/1 bet365

Into the 2nd phase today and lots of quality players today within the 2 groups :

Group H :
O'Sullivan
Steadman
Bingyu
Gilbert

Group G :
Hawkins
Selt
Yupeng
Bingtao

I think there is certainly value away from Ronnie in that first group but for me, I think I will take Bingtao in the other group (Group G) Selt and Hawkins had quite weak 1st phases and I can see Bingtao being very fluent in this phase. Bingtao plays Hawkins last too, so he will be well into his stride.

4pts Bingtao to win Group G 13/8 bet365