** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

RACING CHAT - Tuesday 15th December

MCLARKE

Out of all the three afternoon meetings today and considering favourites selections at evens and above I think that the best bet of the day is Airgead Suas.  This horse is in great form and although up 7lbs this is negated by the 7lbs claim made by the excellent rider Cillin Leonard.  It has ran very well in the past on soft ground so I can see no reason why a repeat performance of last month's C&D win shouldn't be on the cards.  I have placed £7.10 win at 2.64 on Betfair Exchange with a possible profit of £11.41

Well. when all looks perfect we have to accept disappointment; that in essence is horseracing

I have chosen another beast at Wolverhampton in order to try and recoup losses.  This is River Chorus in the 5.40.  It has 10.5 points instead of 10 and at least this time the race is a non handicap. I have placed a £7.10 win at 2.54 = £10.72 profit should it oblige

Together we can be profitable in the long run. Just hang on in there.

========================================================================================================

Obviously the pundits got it wrong with River Chorus today and the market guessed right with Lady Percival though my horse was favourite. Very disappointing with Airgead Suas, it only had to repeat what it did last time.  Although River Chorus got beat I am going to focus on non-handicap racing from tomorrow.  Hopefully by keep tweaking my selection method I will improve to profitability.

A bit of a pity that after getting back to break even today's results have put me back into deficit.  A £14.20 loss now leaves a balance of £486.41 (Bank £500)

Four meetings tomorrow, 2 all weather and 2 over the jumps.  Should take me less time if I cut out handicaps ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

4 hours ago, alancraik said:

Todays selections

CATTERICK 14:25 Bailarico 13/2 e/w 2 Places 1 st

WINCANTON 14:35 Vocaliser 7/1 e/w 3 Places up

CATTERICK 14:55 Cesar Collonges 5/1 e/w 3 Places up

WINCANTON 15:05 Friend Or Foe 11/4 win 1st

plus e/w yankee

a profit today, but unhappy with the two losers did not look fit

6.10 Wolverhampton - 0.5pts e/w Free Degrees @ 66/1 Bet365

The favourite looks to hold all the aces but I thought the places were up for grabs and at the prices thought it might be worth a small investment on Free Degrees who failed to enter the stalls last time but is related to a decent 2yo and an all-weather winner over a mile. May well need a bit more time but in a thin looking race will have a small play at a huge price.

6.40 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Kodiac Brown Bear @ 18/1 Bet365

Drops back in trip after a decent run over 7f when last seen but is speedy enough on the evidence of its 6f runs and on his third around Chester earlier in the year, this mark looks potentially decent. Has to prove himself over the trip but at such a generous price I thought he could go well if getting a handy position.

7.10 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Nezar @ 8/1 Bet365

Didn't act around Southwell last time but that can happen when you get behind the kickback there and previously had been running well at this track. This course and distance is optimum and I think is capable of bouncing back this evening.

Edited by Bathtime For Rupert