** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Oct 2nd - 4th

Hull vs Plymouth

The League One schedule throws us a few tempting fixtures and even though I was swaying towards backing a couple of away sides at decent prices I'm going to play things a little more conservatively with this clash between Hull and Plymouth at 3pm BST on Saturday afternoon from the KCOM Stadium. The home side are adapting to life at this level well after relegation from the Championship last season but can they fend off this fight from a newly promoted side that have just come up from League Two?

Hull looked like a team completely shot of confidence, ability, and self-belief last season. The double sale of Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki last January was undoubtedly the killer blow in their campaign but the board took the controversial decision to stick with manager Gran McCann after relegation and it appears to be a choice rewarded. The Tigers have won all three of their league games so far against Gillingham, Crewe, and Northampton. It's been even more impressive that the team has kept clean sheets in every game. The argument could be that they've not really faced any stern opposition yet but Hull can only beat what's in front of them.

Plymouth fans will be delighted to see the club playing back at this level with the dream of a return to the Championship now possible once again. Manager Ryan Lowe has won plaudits for his management of the club since he came in at the start of last season. The Pilgrims earned promotion last season and have started this season in a satisfactory manner with one win and two draws. The opening weekend 1-0 win over Blackpool was a big moment and the 4-4 draw with AFC Wimbledon that saw them come from 4-2 down with just 14 minutes remaining showed how this team shouldn't be written off. The 1-1 draw with Shrewsbury also showed they can grind out the results when needed too.

I would arguably say this game is the toughest test to date for both of these sides. I feel the quality that Hull boast means they are understandably firm favourites but this is a Plymouth side that has been boosted by some shrewd signings over the off-season and has a manager at the helm who is building a decent reputation. I think the home side should sneak this one but the away team won't go down without a fight.

Hull to Win @ 1.85 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.71 with RedZone

Crawley vs Southend

We drop down into League Two for the second preview in this section and it's a game that stands out for me simply because one team just looks lost at sea already. It's Crawley versus Southend in a 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Broadfield Stadium. It consists of a home side that is building some form playing an away side that haven't picked up a single league point so far this season.

Crawley started their campaign with a disappointing 3-1 defeat at home to Millwall in the EFL Cup 1st Round. When this was followed up by a demoralising 2-0 loss away to Port Vale in their league season opener it was beginning to feel like this could be a long and hard season for the Reds. However, a 1-0 win at home to Scunthorpe came next and that was followed by a thrilling 3-2 victory away to Oldham. Suddenly, things were looking brighter for John Yems and his players. Football has once again shown to be a sport where everything can change so quickly.

Southend fans are understandably not quite as optimistic as their counterparts ahead of today's game. Manager Mark Molesley has endured a torrid start to his time with the Shrimpers after departing his role as Weymouth gaffer back in August. Not only has the club lost each of its first three opening league matches of the season and suffered elimination in the EFL Cup 1st Round but the team hasn't even managed to score in any of those games. The only time the team has hit the back of the net was in a 3-1 loss at home to West Ham Under-21s in the EFL Trophy.

There is no denying that Southend needed a change after their relegation from League One last season. It's easy to see why Molesley was an attractive appointment after his fine work with Weymouth but there's a stark difference between managing in the National League South and League Two. Molesley is finding that out the hard way. His team look way off where they should be and I can see Crawley further punishing them in this one.

Crawley to Win @ 1.67 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.87 with Betfair

Carlisle Utd vs Barrow AFC

Carlisle Utd

Doubtful: Omari Patrick (2/1 m), Gime Toure (2/0 f), Magnus Norman (0/0 g), Josh Dixon (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Jack Armer (1/0 d), Brennan Dickenson (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Barrow AFC

Doubtful: Bobby Burns (0/0 d), Matty Platt (0/0 d), Josh Kay (0/0 m), Patrick Brough (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Hibs were superb for 70 minutes on Friday night and could easily have been 5 or 6 up if it wasn't for the Hamilton goalie playing a blinder, we then got a bit sloppy, conceding a penalty then an own goal but it was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

St Johnstone v Celtic.

Obviously there's a gulf in quality between the two sides here, if Celtic turn up then there's only one outcome, I can't believe how big the odds are for Celtic beating the -1 handicap. Obvious value here.

Celtic -1 @ 2.10 - 2pts.

3 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Hibs were superb for 70 minutes on Friday night and could easily have been 5 or 6 up if it wasn't for the Hamilton goalie playing a blinder, we then got a bit sloppy, conceding a penalty then an own goal but it was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

St Johnstone v Celtic.

Obviously there's a gulf in quality between the two sides here, if Celtic turn up then there's only one outcome, I can't believe how big the odds are for Celtic beating the -1 handicap. Obvious value here.

Celtic -1 @ 2.10 - 2pts.

Never in doubt :loon