** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Oct 2nd - 4th

Coventry City vs Bournemouth

Coventry City

Doubtful: Liam Kelly (1/0 m, captain, probably in), Welsey Jobello (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Marcel Hilssner (0/0 m), Brandon Mason (0/0 d), Will Bapaga (0/0 f), Ben Wilson (0/0 g), Julien Dacosta (0/0 d), Jodi Jones (0/0 f), Dan Bartlett (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Bournemouth

Doubtful: Mark Travers (1/0 g), Lloyd Kelly (2/0 d), Rodrigo Riquelme (0/0 m, newcomer), David Brooks (2/0 m), Junior Stanislas (1/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Charlie Daniels (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Coventry vs Bournemouth

The Championship kicks off this weekend's proceedings with the 7:45pm BST kick-off on Friday night between Coventry and Bournemouth at St Andrew's. It's not been a bad start for either of these two sides so far with the home side finding their feet nicely at this new level after promotion from League One last season with the away side also performing well after their relegation from the Premier League.

Coventry might have benefited from the points-per-game end to last season but they are showing they are a team that rightly deserve to be playing in the second tier of English football once again. Mark Robins has seen his team experience mixed results but they're certainly coping with this level. A 2-1 opening weekend loss to Bristol City was followed by a thrilling 3-2 win at home to QPR before a gritty 0-0 draw away to Barnsley. It's not been the easiest of starts but the Sky Blues can be pleased with their form so far. Having scored in their last 9 home league games, even though it's not technically their home, the team will feel they have every chance of getting something from this game.

Bournemouth were dividing opinion in pre-season about whether they could adapt to the double blow of life in the Championship and existence post-Eddie Howe. The Cherries have looked every bit the potential promotion candidates so far with two wins and a draw thus far. The impressive 3-2 win at home to Blackburn was followed by a battling 1-1 draw away to tough Middlesbrough with a 1-0 win at home against fellow promotion hopefuls Norwich in their most recent league match. One possible issue for Jason Tindall's side is the fact they have faced an average of 15 shots per game. Is it only a matter of time before that starts to become a real problem?

Interestingly, both teams have scored in each of Bournemouth's last five away games so we can probably expect goals in this one. They face a fellow attack-minded side in Coventry in this game but I feel the away side just have the edge from what I have seen so far. The jury remains out on Tindall for now but the quality of player within the Bournemouth ranks should be enough to get them the victory.

Bournemouth to Win @ 2.20 with Gentingbet

BTTS @ 1.87 with SportNation

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Nottingham Forest have lost their last 5 matches in Championship.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 88% of Barnsley’s last 16 games in Championship.
Swansea have kept a clean sheet in 71% of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Barnsley have failed to score in 71% of their last 7 matches in Championship.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Derby’s last 12 away games in Championship.

You can find interesting 49 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 03.10.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-10-2020-20856/

Boro have been playing with plenty of promise despite not winning in their opening 3 games.  I wouldn't take too much notice of the cup loss against Barnsley and they look a good price at around 5/4 to get up and running. 

Derby are in dreadful form (the only solace for a Forest fan so far!) and I'd expect Norwich to despatch them easily enough so 7/10 looks very fair.

Probably worth opposing Wycombe until they show they are up to this level so Luton another one for multiples around 4/5. 

Treble pays almost 6/1.

59 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Boro have been playing with plenty of promise despite not winning in their opening 3 games.  I wouldn't take too much notice of the cup loss against Barnsley and they look a good price at around 5/4 to get up and running. 

Derby are in dreadful form (the only solace for a Forest fan so far!) and I'd expect Norwich to despatch them easily enough so 7/10 looks very fair.

Probably worth opposing Wycombe until they show they are up to this level so Luton another one for multiples around 4/5. 

Treble pays almost 6/1.

I like that treble mate. How are you feeling about Nottingham Forest at the moment? I was surprised at how bad you guys were last week. Worried for Lamouchi.

Blackburn vs Cardiff

The Championship matches are in full swing on Saturday and I want to cover the game between Blackburn and Cardiff at 3pm BST at Ewood Park. As a Cardiff fan myself, I can tell you now that I'm worried about this one. We've had a season that's really not started in the way we wanted both on and off the pitch so heading to one of the in-form sides isn't exactly mouth-watering.

Blackburn were seen as a team that could have gate crashed the play-offs last season if the odd moment had gone their way rather than against them. Tony Mowbray has carried that optimism into this season with Rovers winning 2 of their opening 3 league matches. Their season got off to an eventful start when they lost 3-2 away to recently relegated Bournemouth. That result has been followed up by two convincing wins as they've destroyed Wycombe at home 5-0 and Derby away 4-0. The standout being Adam Armstrong banging in 5 goals already in the league as the team has hit the back of the net 11 times.

Cardiff have endured problem after problem so far this season. The departure of super sub Danny Ward disappointed many fans before the season had even began. Failure to re-sign Dion Sanderson added further woe for the Bluebirds supporters. Then there was the sacking of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing over his alleged drug abuse. Most recently, the sale of fans favourite Callum Paterson for just £500,000 to rivals Sheffield Wednesday has been labelled as poor business. Results on the pitch have also left fans demoralised. The 2-0 loss to Sheffield Wednesday on the opening weekend was gutless. The 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest was an improved display but still felt like a gift of a result. Then the 2-1 defeat at home to Reading was another performance lacking creativity and desire. There is hope that generally we have done well under Neil Harris away from home having scored in 6 of our last 7 away league games so hopefully we can trouble Blackburn here.

OK, so under Neil Warnock I was getting my predictions spot on and after becoming familiar with Harris's style of management I was starting to find some consistency in our predictions again. Unfortunately, we're so erratic already this season that it's become difficult again. I'd like to think we could cause a surprise here and get the win but I just feel we have too many players out of form right now. Our wingers lack pace and creativity, our midfield is flat, and our strikers just aren't getting the service. Our defence has also been a little bit more shaky than it was last season. Problems all over the pitch. Sadly, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got anything from this game. I fear we could lose by a couple of goals if we aren't switched on from the start.

Blackburn to Win @ 2.15 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.83 with Gentingbet

17 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I like that treble mate. How are you feeling about Nottingham Forest at the moment? I was surprised at how bad you guys were last week. Worried for Lamouchi.

He definitely needs a win soon! Feel like he deserves a bit more time with all these new players coming in. But I'm not a fan of his 'style' of play to be honest.

Stoke vs Birmingham

The Championship has a couple of fixtures taking place on Sunday afternoon and the stand-out one for me is the 4pm BST kick-off between Stoke and Birmingham at the Bet365 Stadium. We have covered both of these teams already this season and we haven't been surprised to see them both performing a lot better than they did last season as their managers begin to show their influence over the squads.

Stoke might have had mixed results so far this season but they've been handed some tough fixtures to begin the season. The 0-0 draw away to Millwall is likely to prove to be a very decent point come the end of the season. The 2-0 loss at home to Bristol City was disappointing but, again, was against a team likely to be up there in contention for the play-offs in May. However, the 1-0 win away to Preston was particularly impressive given the home side's recent home record at this level. Manager Michael O'Neill is seeing his progressive style of play taking hold now with Stoke seeing less than 2.5 goals in all 7 of their competitive matches this season. It's a philosophy that has guided them to the EFL Cup Quarter-Finals after eliminating Blackpool, Wolves, Gillingham, and Aston Villa.

Birmingham were a team that needed to make the correct appointment ahead of this season and it seems that has been accomplished. Aitor Karanka is the main the owners chose and he has kept them unbeaten in the league after 3 matches. A 1-0 win at home to Brentford in the opening game has been followed by a 0-0 draw away to Swansea and a 1-1 draw at home to Rotherham. None of the Blues' matches have seen more than 2 goals this season so it hardly gets the blood pumping for an exciting encounter in this game.

Well, what can we say? If you're looking for thrills, spills, and goals then you might want to switch over to the Premier League kick-offs on Sunday. Both of these teams are adopting a more attrition-type style of football. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 1-0 win either way or even a 0-0 draw. If I had to bet my house on it then I'd back a narrow home win.

Stoke to Win @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.66 with VBet