** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League Predictions > Mar 10th - 18th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Atalanta have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Champions League.
Atalanta have won their last 3 matches in Champions League.
RBL are undefeated in their last 5 matches in Champions League.
Atalanta have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in Champions League.

You can find interesting 22 Football Betting Streaks for 10.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-03-2020-18050

RB Leipzig vs Tottenham

The talk of coronavirus and the future of games being played across Europe continues to dominate conversations throughout the game but this second leg of the last 16 Champions League clash between German Bundesliga title challengers RB Leipzig and Premier League under-achievers Tottenham is scheduled to go ahead as planned tonight in an 8pm GMT kick-off at the Red Bull Arena.

RB Leipzig boast a 1-0 lead from the first leg after Timo Werner's decisive penalty. Scoring penalties is becoming a trend for Julian Nagelsmann's side with 4 of their last 5 goals in this competition coming from the spot. It will concern the German team that star striker Werner hasn't managed to hit the net at home in this competition in his last six outings. If Nagelsmann leads his team to victory here then he'll become the youngest ever manager at 32 years of age to guide his side through a Champions League knockout tie. The current holder of that record is Didier Deschamps who was 35 years old when he managed it with Monaco back in 2003/04.

Tottenham come into this game feeling like all the odds are against them. As if holding a 1-0 deficit heading into an away second leg wasn't bad enough there is also an injury list longer than Tottenham's wait for a trophy. Sorry, @thfc, that was uncalled for! :lol Anyway, the absentees had already included Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Juan Foyth, Moussa Sissoko, and Ben Davies. Jose Mourinho can now add new signing Steven Bergwijn to the sidelines. There is hope though. Spurs have only lost 1 of their 5 away Champions League matches in Germany. They have also been eliminated from 8 of their last 10 European knockout ties after losing the first leg. However, we all remember that Ajax semi-final last season.

I'm not convinced Tottenham are in the right place to turn this around. You get the feeling that football throws up some times when it's written in the stars for a player or a team to have their moment in the sun. It happened for Tottenham last season and I think it could happen for RB Leipzig this season. It was a mighty fine win in the first leg and I don't think Tottenham have enough about them to turn it around with so many big game players missing. I can maybe see Tottenham getting a draw and falling just short but realistically I think it makes sense to back a home win.

RB Leipzig HT/FT @ 2.40 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfair

58 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Sorry, @thfc, that was uncalled for! :lol

?.  Wenger used to say that finishing in the top 4 was a trophy so if you accept that logic I think you'll find spurs have 'won' quite a few trophies recently!

An early away goal would make things interesting given Leipzig have never been in this position before and might start feeling the nerves.  They really should have won the first leg with plenty to spare, so I'm just hoping for another Ajax style miracle.  I doubt it's gonna happen though, so can see why you've gone for Leipzig.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Liverpool’s last 3 games in Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 87% of PSG’s last 30 games in Champions League.
Liverpool have seen under 2.5 goals in 86% of their last 7 matches against Atletico in all competitions.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Borussia Dortmund’s last 4 games in Champions League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Atletico’s last 6 games in Champions League.

You can find interesting 31 Football Betting Streaks for 11.03.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-03-2020-18053

10 minutes ago, thfc said:

?.  Wenger used to say that finishing in the top 4 was a trophy so if you accept that logic I think you'll find spurs have 'won' quite a few trophies recently!

An early away goal would make things interesting given Leipzig have never been in this position before and might start feeling the nerves.  They really should have won the first leg with plenty to spare, so I'm just hoping for another Ajax style miracle.  I doubt it's gonna happen though, so can see why you've gone for Leipzig.

Sounds like there's some quiet optimism creeping in there mate! That's not like you. I'm switching my tip to a convincing Tottenham win immediately! :lol

The defeat to Liverpool in the first leg 1-0 gives Simeone a slight lead. Suffice to see if the Argentine coach's defensive approach will be enough to give his team the quarter-finals ticket. Liverpool at Anfield are undefeated this season and are giving it another boost to their game. Klopp has prepared his players racing and psychologically, which I think may be the ones who will finally celebrate in the end, as they excel in quality and have the help of home
LIVERPOOL FC vs ATLETICO MADRID @@ LIVERPOOL FC, odds 1.60

Both want it very much, but it is very difficult to choose one to qualify for. Both will chase the victory and have all the backgrounds to score and give us a thrilling showdown with many stages and goals.
PARIS SAINT GERMAIN vs BORUSSIA DORTMUND @@ +3.50 Over, odds 1.90

18 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

RB Leipzig vs Tottenham

The talk of coronavirus and the future of games being played across Europe continues to dominate conversations throughout the game but this second leg of the last 16 Champions League clash between German Bundesliga title challengers RB Leipzig and Premier League under-achievers Tottenham is scheduled to go ahead as planned tonight in an 8pm GMT kick-off at the Red Bull Arena.

RB Leipzig boast a 1-0 lead from the first leg after Timo Werner's decisive penalty. Scoring penalties is becoming a trend for Julian Nagelsmann's side with 4 of their last 5 goals in this competition coming from the spot. It will concern the German team that star striker Werner hasn't managed to hit the net at home in this competition in his last six outings. If Nagelsmann leads his team to victory here then he'll become the youngest ever manager at 32 years of age to guide his side through a Champions League knockout tie. The current holder of that record is Didier Deschamps who was 35 years old when he managed it with Monaco back in 2003/04.

Tottenham come into this game feeling like all the odds are against them. As if holding a 1-0 deficit heading into an away second leg wasn't bad enough there is also an injury list longer than Tottenham's wait for a trophy. Sorry, @thfc, that was uncalled for! :lol Anyway, the absentees had already included Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Juan Foyth, Moussa Sissoko, and Ben Davies. Jose Mourinho can now add new signing Steven Bergwijn to the sidelines. There is hope though. Spurs have only lost 1 of their 5 away Champions League matches in Germany. They have also been eliminated from 8 of their last 10 European knockout ties after losing the first leg. However, we all remember that Ajax semi-final last season.

I'm not convinced Tottenham are in the right place to turn this around. You get the feeling that football throws up some times when it's written in the stars for a player or a team to have their moment in the sun. It happened for Tottenham last season and I think it could happen for RB Leipzig this season. It was a mighty fine win in the first leg and I don't think Tottenham have enough about them to turn it around with so many big game players missing. I can maybe see Tottenham getting a draw and falling just short but realistically I think it makes sense to back a home win.

RB Leipzig HT/FT @ 2.40 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfair

Great one! 
History repeats itself.

Congrats.

2B1A1417-56BC-46A0-88C6-686B651EE3FE.png

Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid

The Champions League last 16 second legs continue into tonight and our focus is on the finely-balanced clash between Premier League champions elect Liverpool and under-performing La Liga side Atletico Madrid in an 8pm GMT kick-off at Anfield. The Spanish side hold a narrow 1-0 lead from the first leg but will it be enough against a team officially labelled as the best team in the world?

Liverpool are experiencing some issues recently. The domestic title is all but won. The UEFA Super Cup is in the trophy cabinet. The Club World Cup trophy has been sealed. However, it just feels that the absence of Jordan Henderson has impacted on the Reds a bit more than Jurgen Klopp will have anticipated. The 2-0 loss in the FA Cup 5th Round eradicated hopes of a domestic double or treble and the 3-0 loss away to Watford also killed any hopes of an unbeaten season. Henderson is expected to be back fit for this game this evening and, for me, that changes everything... well, almost. The downside being that Alisson is ruled out with a hip injury. Positive stats include Liverpool being unbeaten under Klopp at Anfield in the Champions League, Liverpool remaining unbeaten in two home games against Atletico Madrid, and Liverpool having progressed on the last two times they have lost the first leg away against a team in this competition.

Atletico Madrid know that they hold a tight advantage but it'll be tough. Diego Simeone's side were criticised for their gamesmanship during the first leg but, essentially, they did what they needed to do to get the result. I'm not sure similar tactics will be quite as effective with the officials in the cauldron of Anfield. I've been very disappointed in Atletico as a whole this season and I don't have as much faith in their ability to keep Liverpool at bay in this game as I would have done in previous seasons. It is worth noting that 7 of their last 13 visits to English sides have ended in a draw.

I can't over-emphasise how big a boost having Henderson return to the midfield is for Liverpool. It still amazes me that his achievements get down played so much by football fans. He is the main cog in the machine and it's no surprise that Liverpool have struggled for form in his absence. I think the loss of Alisson is a concern but I think Liverpool will be on the front foot from the start and I think they could well have enough to turn this tie around.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.50 with BetVictor

Anytime Scorer: Sadio Mane @ 2.55 with Unibet