** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > January 18th

Darran

Kettering's late late winner was very welcome last Saturday to win at 5/1 and with Gainsborough and the 4pts Nap Havant also winning it was a profitable afternoon. Tuesday saw the only bet Stratford win to keep things ticking over. I have 6 bets across Step 2 and Step 3 this weekend.

Southport v Boston (National League North)

Southport's run towards the play-offs has hit the rails of late as they have lost 4 games on the bounce. Granted 2 of those were against Chester and one against York, but they have been very leaky at the back conceding 12 goals in that spell. Their wins in their last 10 games have come against some of the weaker sides in the division as well, Leamington, Kidderminster, Gloucester and Blyth so coming up against one of the better sides like Boston I expect it to be a task they aren't up to. Boston were a bit disappointing to only draw with Curzon last time out, but there only 3 defeats in their last 10 games have come against Kings Lynn twice and Spennymoor when they were in flying form. I think Boston should be favourites to win this so they look a good price.

Slough v Dartford (National League South)

When Steve King first took over at Dartford I mentioned on Twitter that it was a great appointment and they would soon be flying up the table. Why I didn't keep backing them I don't know, but I have hardly put them up for one reason and another yet the have won 6 of their last 7 games. They now look a play-off side and it is no surprise to me as Steve King is a fantastic manager especially at this level. Obviously Slough are flying as well, but they are 4 without a win and they were fortunate to get a point at Billericay last week as they went 2-1 up against the run of play. I don't think there is much at all between these two sides and Dartford are value at 12/5.

Witton Albion v Atherton Collieries (BetVictor Northern Premier)

I opposed Witton last week and they duly lost 3-1 to Gainsbororugh and I am happy to take them on again here. Atherton really co look a big price given they have only lost one of their last 7 league games. They gave Barrow a fright in the FA Trophy as well and have beaten Lancaster and Stalybridge in 2 of their last 3 league games. The slight concern is Atherton's away from as they have only won twice on the road, but I think that is factored into the price here given Witton are in woeful form at the moment.

Stafford v Warrington Town (BetVictor Northern Premier)

I am surprised Warringotn aren't odds on for this. Warrington have drawn 5 of their last 10 games, but have also only lost once in that spell as well. They won their first game in 7 last Saturday and hopefully they can kick on again. This game looks a perfect one to pick up another 3 points given how bad Stafford are. They have lost 9 of their last 10 games and look in a desperate shape. I think any odds against price is good value.

Hendon v Gosport Borough (BetVictor Southern Premier South)

I put up Hendon 4 games ago when they played Harrow and managed to find the game Harrow bounced back to form and they have gone unbeaten since after losing 5 games on the bounce. Hendon then lost to Chesham, but have had two good wins over Weston and Met Police in their last two games. Given they are at home, and 5 of their 6 league wins have been at home, I struggle to see why they should be over 2/1 to beat Gosport here. Gosport have lost their last 2 and have only won one of their last 7 games now. The 4 draws have been against some of the weaker sides in the league as well so they aren't in great form and for me this game is much closer than the bookies have it.

Rushden & Diamonds v Stratford Town (BetVictor Southern Premier Central)

Stratford's win against Redditch was their first away win of the season and obviously this is a risky bet, but as I wrote on Tuesday they look a much improved squad and they could be about to do a Leiston and go on a much improved run. They battered Redditch and should have scored more and did really well against Stourbridge last Saturday. Speaking of Leiston Rushden beat them 3-2 last week, but that was down to a late winner and I do think Stratford have a sporting chance of picking up another 3 points on the back of the Redditch win.

Boston 2pts @ 19/10 with BetVictor (Betfred/Hills)

Dartford 1pt @ 12/5 with Bet365, BetVictor and Betfred

Atherton 1pt @ 12/5 with BetVictor (Marathon)

Warrington 2pts @ 133/100 with Marathon

Hendon 1pt @ 117/50 with Marathon

Stratford 1pt @ 19/5 with Marathon

47 minutes ago, Gazza61 said:

Am going to Kings Lynn v York tomorrow. Any thoughts on what is a big game for both clubs. I personally like the draw at 11/4.

Wish I was going myself as it looks a hell of a game. I was tempted to put up York, but the price has come in a little and I am invested heavily in the outright market on them so if they did lose it would be a double blow. Couldn't put you off the draw though if you do want a bet, but I do think York are the better side although Kings Lynn are very impressive at home and are on a hell of a run

The fixture list has set up some huge clashes tomorrow. As mentioned above we have Kings Lynn v York which could well decide who wins the National League North title. In the National League we have Barrow v Bromley which for once is a great pick from BT Sport. In the National League South we have Havant v Wealdstone which could also go a fair way to deciding who wins that title. The top 2 in the BetVictor Northern Premier also play each other as Lancaster host South Shields. Finally in the BetVictor Southern Premier South 1st host 3rd as Truro play Chesham. To have so many top of the table clashes in day is staggering and the results will be fascinating.

Yep big day for me also mate..As i have York, Havant and South Shields in outrights after following you mate..Lets hope for a happy hat trick this evening hey. I also have those 3 in a 150/1 Acca with Everton top half finish..Luton to be relegated, Harrogate top 7 finish and Tamworth outright..Placed just before christmas. Odds a lot lower now on same 7 selections... Good luck to us today and anyone else that followed you. ?

Goalkeeping error cost York today. They remind me a lot of Salford last year really solid if unspectacular side. Kings Lynn really good footballing team and have just recruited a left winger on loan from Norwich who is lightening quick called Power. I can see him doing a lot of damage in this grade.

York and Havant losing was very costly ante post wise and Havant were in front twice but yet again dropped points at home. 

When I saw us play Kings Lynn back in September I said at the time how impressed I was with them and how I thought they looked play off contenders. Really wish I had backed them as they must have still been a big price back then. Got to say it is going to be very tough for York now.

Having just finished watching Barrow v Bromley I was very impressed with the home side especially in the 2nd half. Like Kings Lynn I thought they would end up dropping away but they look the real deal and I struggle to see them getting caught now