** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super League Predictions > Dec 7th & 8th

Atromitos vs Aris

The Greek Super League offers a testing weekend of action for us punters this round. I focus on the mid-table clash between Atromitos and Aris in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off from the Peristeri Stadium in Athens on Sunday afternoon. Both teams have got their eyes on the championship round and a defeat here could see them drift worryingly far from achieving that goal by the time the cut-off arrives.

Atromitos are 9th in the league table and it's been an inconsistent season for Savvas Pantelidis and his team. 4 wins, 2 draws, and 6 defeats shows they struggle to grind out results. Just 1 win in their last 4 matches has been cause for concern. However, their home form gives their fans something to be optimistic about with 3 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses coming on home territory. The back-to-back wins at home against OFI and Panionios have added to that self belief.

Aris find themselves performing slightly better than their opponents in domestic action. The club are in 7th place and only 1 point outside the championship round qualification spots. Head coach Michael Oenning has seen his team only muster 1 win on the road in the league and that's a big worry. That said, results generally haven't been too bad with the club unbeaten in their last 7 matches. They're also undefeated in their last 4 away matches.

Even though the away side come into this game in the better form I just have a nagging feeling that I need to back the home side to win. I was initially going to back a draw but the ELO ratings are whispering in my ear and they've served me well over the past couple of weeks in particular. I think Aris struggle to get the wins on their travels and Atromitos just have enough in their ranks to sneak a victory. Maybe if the odds on a draw were better I'd back it but they're not... so I won't!

Atromitos to Win @ 2.75 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.00 with Betfair

@betcatalog, @THEODORE-007, @Magic0024, and @Icongene.

As it can be easily seen from the betting odds are completely shared and can go anywhere. I think it can be judged in the details, so few goals are in luck. I will bet on the new coach and the new things that will bring the home side, conservatively the ace in draw no bet (return to the draw)
ATROMITOS ATHINON vs ARIS THESSALONIKI @@ +0 Ah ATROMITOS ATHINON, odds 1.75

Panathinaikos is a favorite but will not be a walk in Volos. Volos is bad defensively and does not know how to defend, a goal early on can open the pace. It can be an open match with many goals
VOLOS NPS vs PANATHINAIKOS @@ +2.50 Over, odds 2.30