** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

LOI, NIFL, and WPL Predictions > Nov 22nd & 23rd

welshodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the next round of matches in Northern Ireland and Wales. The Republic of Ireland season has finished now. There's also a reduced schedule in the Welsh top flight this week because it's the Semi-Finals of the Welsh League Cup. Apologies for not posting up last week. I had my focus taken by the internationals and because our local league games are postponed during the international break I had it in my head that the Cymru Premier ones were too... apparently not! Bloody FAW messing with my head!

Anyway, @Wiltshire Shot, @Bang on, and @Cheltenhamwhite, what are you all thinking for these games?

Baffled by Newi CD being such a big price when recent form is much improved so will leave alone.

Linfield really are a standing dish for me, if they won their games in hand they would go top and I think the price is fair enough. I will put them in a double with Coleraine, their home form is good , only conceded 3 goals (best in div) although they strangely lost to bottom club Warrenpoint last week. The Linfield/Coleraine double pays 1.18/1 (6/5).

I am also tempted by Cliftonville (Draw no bet) at 10/11 away to Larne. Cliftonville are top of the league and on a hot run of form (won last 6).

I'm personally delighted there was no thread last week.  On paper it was a good set of fixtures for Welsh betting with three straightforward home wins on the Friday night, but I'm still trying to work out how I contrived to make a loss on the Welsh games over the weekend!

I don't know much about Cymru South but some games have been priced up which on paper look about right.

As @StevieDay1983 says, the League Cup semis take place this weekend.  The higher profile of the two is Connah's Quay v Bala.  Connah's Quay have yet to lose a domestic game this season, and recent results have them top of both the overall table and the form table.  Bala continue to do well in third, but I'd give the home side the edge although not to the extent of being shorter than evens so I'm not betting.  Also, I saw Bala struggle to break down an organised but unspectacular Airbus side last week, which given going forward is Bala's strength would be a concern going into a difficult match.  Whoever wins, I'm confident the competition winner will come from this tie.

STM host Aberystwyth in the other semi.  I've watched Aber three times this season (once live, twice on the box) and I think they're the weakest Welsh Premier side I've seen, despite not being bottom.  Three wins and 39 conceded from fifteen games reflects what I've seen.  STM are from the Cymru South and sit nicely in fourth, and have already beaten the three teams above them in the league and don't look completely out of championship contention, although it's a division I only know about from a stats viewpoint.  So, it wouldn't be a shock (to me, anyway) if STM were to win and I've taken the 13/5 for a home win which is longer than the 2/1 I was anticipating.

In the Premier, Barry should have too much for struggling Penybont but Barry have lost their last three conceding nine goals.  The defeat at Cefn Druids last week looks particularly bad as the Druids played for forty minutes with ten men - which cost me a few bob.  So, I'll watch the opening on the box tonight with a view to backing Barry in play.  

I agree with @Bang on about Cefn Druids and I'm on them at BetVic's 29/10; my price is much shorter as well.  In fairness Druids' web site reports some injury doubts, but I still think it looks a decent price given recent form and they weren't at full strength beating Barry last week either.  Cefn Druids have won four on the trot, including eye catching victories against Caernarfon and Barry.  They sit a place above Cardiff MU whose form is much less impressive, no win in six including a 0-3 home defeat to bottom club Carmarthen last week.

I'm hoping to watch Colwyn Bay v Porthmadog in the Cymru North tomorrow :D

Edited by Wiltshire Shot
Correcting Colwyn Bay' s opponents.

Cardiff Met Uni vs Cefn Druids

It's becoming harder and harder to add anything new to what you guys all say ahead of the Welsh football fixtures. That is particularly the case with only a handful of games this week but I'll just try to build on what you've said because I totally agree. The game I'll focus on is tomorrow's game between Cardiff Met Uni and Cefn Druids in a 2:30pm GMT kick-off at the Cyncoed Campus in Cardiff.

Cardiff Met Uni haven't quite built on the experience of qualifying for the Europa League that they might have hoped. Dr Christian Edwards has enjoyed some great times with this team but as it stands they're struggling to make any impact on the league this season. The 3-0 loss to Carmarthen Town last week was hugely disappointing and that made it 7 matches without a win. The last time they won at home was back on 30th August. A big concern is the fact they've failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches. Not to mention that a team I put together in midweek battered their staff team 9-2 on Wednesday night! :nana

Cefn Druids have not been a team to compete for the title in the Cymru Premier recently but it feels they're building up a bit of momentum now. As has already been mentioned, it's now 4 wins on the bounce for Huw Griffiths and his players. OK, so they've managed two of those victories with the opposition being reduced to 10 men but you can only beat what is front of you and four wins is fantastic in anyone's books. The goal scoring issues have been sorted and you feel they're playing with a swagger now.

I'm not as confident as you two about Cefn Druids winning this but at the price being offered I feel they're at least worth a double chance shout. Something isn't right at Cardiff Met Uni right now and even with the Cefn Druids injury concerns you'll feel they can at least push Cardiff Met Uni all game. I'm actually starting to wonder if Edwards is coming to the end of his tenure at the university. Could this be another nail in his coffin?

Cefn Druids Double Chance @ 1.92 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.20 with Betfair