** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super League Predictions > Nov 23rd & 24th

Lamia vs Xanthi

The Greek Super League is a tough set of fixtures this round but I'm not shirking the challenge. I'm going to opt for a riskier bet this week. My focus is on the evenly-balanced clash between a struggling Lamia and an inconsistent Xanthi side. The two teams meet tomorrow evening in a 6pm GMT kick-off at the Lamia Municipal Stadium. Which way will this game go?

Lamia screwed us over last week by upsetting the form book and beating Larissa convincingly. Akis Mantzios and his players are now in 12th place with 10 points but, as the ELO ratings also point out, their performances are improving. It's now three wins on the bounce in all competitions and 5 league games undefeated at home. The fact they've drawn 4 of those home games shows they won't be broken down easily but they still lack that killer edge. Have they now discovered that in recent games though?

Xanthi are performing well this season with Kiko Ramirez guiding his players to a 5th placed position in the league table. Dreams of a title challenge are unlikely to be floating around due to them being 10 points behind league leaders Olympiakos but qualification for the Championship Round is certainly within their sights. The club boasts the 2nd best away record having won 3 and lost 2 of their 5 away league games. Unfortunately, recent form hasn't been great with the club now without a win in 5 matches across all competitions.

Ooh, this is a tricky one to call. Lamia are entering a fantastic run of form so for the price being offered I'm very tempted to take the gamble and back them. This is a Xanthi side that has the ability to get results. They've done well so far this season but is their current league position flattering them because others around them are also stumbling? OK, I'm doing it. I'm backing our conquerors of last week to deliver the win this week. If they let us down then they can join the exclusive mortal enemies of Punters Lounge pile! :lol

Lamia to Win @ 2.45 with Sportingbet

BTTS @ 2.15 with Unibet

@betcatalog, @THEODORE-007, @Magic0024, and @Icongene.

I expect a tough match, with the two clubs fighting for points. It will be judged in the details and I don't see many goals in the game. Recently both teams have been very careful in defense and few goals have been strengthened
LAMIA vs AO XANTHI FC @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.50