Racing Chat - Wednesday Oct 2nd

Going to put up a couple of horses on Wednesday that I have already put up a couple of times. Beni Light is the first of them in Bangor's 12.45. We got the money at Uttoxeter, but then he was defeated at Worcester. Granted the winner won fairly easy in the end, but Beni Light was travelling like the winner until he didn't get high enough at 4 out. That and possibly the fact he had run just 5 days previously told late on for me. The concern is the soft ground as he isn't really proven on it, but otherwise he looks to have a solid chance in what looks a weak race.

The obvious danger is the favourite Noble Saffron who one at 20/1 at Plumpton 10 days ago. That was his chasing debut and he was way out of the weights so is actually 6lbs lower here and that has already taken his penalty into account. The ground will be very different, but clearly if he handles it and is in the same form then he is a worthy favourite. He also made the running there and Beni Light likes to front run as well and there is every chance these two could dominate the whole race, but I still think there is more winning to be done with Beni Light so am happy to back him again.

Over at Huntingdon in their 2.05 I am giving Teeton Power another chance. She ran a shocker at Hexham, but the way the race was run just didn't suit her and she wasn't able to dominate as they went too quick. Given she has had a month off she might even have had an issue. Tomorrow she gets blinkers for the first time instead of the visor and she also gets Richard Johnson in the saddle. She has been dropped 2lbs as well so obviously still looks well handicapped. She may not get an easy lead as Gentleman Moore looks also likely to be handy, but hopefully they don't go as silly as they did at Hexham. He is probably the main danger although I notice there has been plenty of support for Kapsize. He makes his chasing debut in the UK on his 3rd start for Charlie Longsdon after coming over from France. He showed ability over fences over there and he also has had a wind op. However he also has the tongue-tie on which as I have written before is a worry that the issue hasn't been fixed. Given the money for him though he has to go down as a danger as he could be well handicapped. I am more than happy to give the mare another chance though.