** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Thursday June 20th

King George V Stakes - 5:35pm Ascot

Majestic Dawn didn't look all that impressive last time out but the shorter trip was never going to suit, and it didn't. Also, unseen by everyone, he lost his footing at the start nearly unseating his rider (see images). 

He showed good form in the race prior running on well past the finish line.

The softer ground and longer trip should suit and with Probert back on board, has a jockey who knows the horse well.

EW - 25/1 marathon bet

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_2291.JPG

Tonight at Ffos Las Midnight Foile looks chucked in on his pointing form in race 2. He has won his last 5 races by at least 20L and although they haven't always been the most competitive heats in the world this doesn't exactly look a great race and he looks to have 25lbs-30lbs in hand based on pointing form. The concern would be if he drifted and I must admit it is hard to see why he is 11/10 as he should be odds on. Gowell has been backed at big prices, but on pointing and hunter chase form he has no chance of beating Midnight Foile. Silent Steps is also being backed, but he hardly convinces and looks a weak finisher. As long as Midnight Foile shows his pointing form I don't see how he doesn't win this.

In the following race Fateh who has run well at Chepstow and Cartmel in hunter chases it does look like this drop in trip will suit him as well and I am surprised the handicapper has only given him a mark of 89 as he probably deserves one around the 100 mark. He travelled well at Chepstow until his stamina ran out and he was up against two decent horses and then Cartmel he again travelled well into the race when his jockey made a strange mid race move. In the end he again didn't quite see it out so as I say this trip should suit and he has been backed already, but I think there is still juice in the price.

9 hours ago, Darran said:

Tonight at Ffos Las Midnight Foile looks chucked in on his pointing form in race 2. He has won his last 5 races by at least 20L and although they haven't always been the most competitive heats in the world this doesn't exactly look a great race and he looks to have 25lbs-30lbs in hand based on pointing form. The concern would be if he drifted and I must admit it is hard to see why he is 11/10 as he should be odds on. Gowell has been backed at big prices, but on pointing and hunter chase form he has no chance of beating Midnight Foile. Silent Steps is also being backed, but he hardly convinces and looks a weak finisher. As long as Midnight Foile shows his pointing form I don't see how he doesn't win this.

In the following race Fateh who has run well at Chepstow and Cartmel in hunter chases it does look like this drop in trip will suit him as well and I am surprised the handicapper has only given him a mark of 89 as he probably deserves one around the 100 mark. He travelled well at Chepstow until his stamina ran out and he was up against two decent horses and then Cartmel he again travelled well into the race when his jockey made a strange mid race move. In the end he again didn't quite see it out so as I say this trip should suit and he has been backed already, but I think there is still juice in the price.

Bit gutting Darran! Long way out but was looking very promising. Still, Midnight Folie won easily even if my heart was in my mouth over the last few fences.