** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Acca Bet Advice Needed Please

stealth s

Hi

I wonder if you far more adept punters could help with this as im not great mathematician

if one does a 8 or 9 match acca and you wish to guarantee two of the matches would 'win' within the acca

how many bets would you have to make to ensure all the possible results of match 1 and match 2 are covered

for example next saturday imagine Man utd v Southampton and Wolves v Cardiff were the two 'banker games

that you would have to cover all results on then completing the acca with several normal selections

yesterday I had a speculative 10 match Acca with the middlesboro game as a single banker, in that i created 3

separate accas with home, away and draw for that match, then added 3 matches with odds around 11/8 or so and then

6 matches that were odds on (those 9 selections being home wins) i was only let down when Shrewsbury beat Peterboro (shrewsbury

only 1 away win all season up to then ffs, and Southport failing to beat mm united), with the middlesbrough match being a home win

that potential winning line would have returned me £225 for a mere 25p bet, of course if the 'guaranteed' match result had been a draw or away

returns would have been much higher.

I wanted to try similar bet with 2 guaranteed winners but just cant get my head around the number of bets required although I wondered if it was 6 or 9 ??

anyhoo many thanks if some kind member could advise or possibly guide me toi some sort of 'grid' where such things can be seen clearly

Cheers Ss

14 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

:welcome to PL @stealth s  :ok 

My head hurts just reading that! :rollin 

it hurts my head to!!

best imagine a column of matches which is the acca, at the top of the column

are those two matches, the thing is how many individual columns (acca bets) would you

have to do to ensure all the potential results of those two matches are covered so that at least

one of the accas get off to a two game winning start?

cheers Ss

@stealth s just pick your games .... decide on how many matches you want all three outcomes and then multiply and you will get how many accas you have.

ie : Midweek matches 

Everton, Wolves, Brighton , Newcastle, Arsenal, Southampton, Liverpool, Man C and three outcomes in the Chelsea and C.Palace games.

This will give you 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 3 x 3 = 9 Accas

Hope this helps !

16 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

@stealth s just pick your games .... decide on how many matches you want all three outcomes and then multiply and you will get how many accas you have.

ie : Midweek matches 

Everton, Wolves, Brighton , Newcastle, Arsenal, Southampton, Liverpool, Man C and three outcomes in the Chelsea and C.Palace games.

This will give you 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 3 x 3 = 9 Accas

Hope this helps !

Many thanks Mr Xtc12  ill be having a bash on saturdays, 9 accas at a colossal 25p an acca!

Cheers Ss

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Acca Bet Advice Needed Please

I have to ask though, why the hell would you do this, it makes no sense whatsoever? :eyes

Backing 3 outcomes in the same game makes no sense, especially with a single firm. Instead of doing your 9 accas at 25p, why not just stick the whole 2.25 on the other 6 or 7 selections?

I'd be interested in any valid argument for doing it the other way. Covering 2 of the 3 outcomes I could understand but not all 3.